Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    Well done at Castleton. I have been meaning to do that one for a few years but as WITGB is on an Emmerdale fan club weekend in Aberdeen I had to stay at home with children and friends coming for tea etc.

I hope you don't have second thoughts now Morticia! I am getting excited that I may have Kwaka and Morticia running with me around the Trogg. Although between the two of you, with all your ultra's, marathons and fell races the past few months I think you will be dragging me around!

If you google Fell races and Hayfield, it brings up the website with all local fell races. It has previous results for the Trogg and a race profile.

It is New Mills annual carnival today. I am dressing my daughter up as an Egyptian mummy and then traditionally spectating with the other New Mills folk, standing on the street with a can of lager. Or I maybe more sophisticated and join Mrs Isac at the bottom of the road as I've been told she may have wine.
  • Options
    I fancy round the reser. I wear mudclaw fell shoes when doing fell races. I badly went over on my ankle doing Mount Famine two weeks ago and was actually advised not to run on uneven terrain for atleast a month. Well the Trogg is three weeks after so that's nearly a month. Does anyone strap their ankles when running fell races? If so how do you do it?
  • Options
    GBM/Morticia - well done, I settled for 90 mins in Lyme Park with PG instead.

CC - maybe.

Everyone - its New Mills 'Millers' Parade today, it makes the Rio Carnival look like a dreary day in Disley !
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    CC - I'll check with ST about next week. I really fancy it.

Should be at the Boars Head on Wed.

Issac - wrt Derwentwater; dont be fooled by the slide show the pictures dont really show the hills & get Mrs Issac to enter the Challenge. Its for walkers & runners not wishing to race.

TST - It looks like that was the last Garburn race. Organisers dont think its worth putting it on again next year with all the troubles. Hope they have a re-think, is a really great run.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    CC- Will check with work to see if I can get a few hours off next Sunday. The only thing is of course that you are a lot better than me at fell races, but I would try my hardest and not sulk as much as I did with GBM at Windermere as I don't know you so well so I would be more polite!!!

What time is the parade? Maybe Sam and I will come along and watch!!!!
  • Options
    TST--Castleton was 6 miles!! 4 miles up, 2 miles down. Having had time to reflect, maybe Castleon wasn't that tough. It was just too hot!!!

CC--Dressing up your daughter as an Egyptian mummy should give you plenty of practice at strapping your ankle.

TST--I forgot about 'round the ressers'. That is on my list!! Decisions, decisions!!

Why has the 'New Mills Annual Carnival' been organised on the same day as the 'New Mills Millers Parade'? Stupid Hillbillies!!! Will there be fighting between the two sets of organisers? If so, what time does it start?
  • Options
    The New Mills fun commences at 1pm. There is a fair on a field near the Sett Valley trail also. The parade finishes at Swizzles.

GBM - Good point re strapping my ankle!

Morticia - Do not worry about your speed at feel races. My plan is to just get around it, I will probably need to walk alot up the hills.
  • Options
    Feel races? Sounds fun!

Jonah8--Sorry!! Just remembered!! Good Luck at the 3 Peaks today.

CC--Are you just going to wrap a load of bandages around your daughter or are you going to put her in an jewel-encrusted mummy case and wheel her about like Hannibal Lecter?
  • Options
    CC - strap them separately and not together as otherwise you will fall over at the start.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Can't find the list of what gear you need for the Trogg. Please help?!

• Options
    Morticia--FRA rules-

No 9-EQUIPMENT

Competitors should arrive at races prepared to carry any or all of the following equipment:a)
    Windproof whole body cover.
    b) Other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions.
    c) Map and compass suitable for navigating the course.
    d) Whistle.
    e) Emergency food (long races).

These requirements constitute "best practice" and are mandatory at all Category A Long and
    Medium races.
    In the event of settled fine weather, confirmed by a local weather report, the organiser may decide
    to waive some of the above requirements for races of other categories.

Morticia--Hopefully the weather will be ok. If it is, then i am just going to carry some drinks, gels and snacks.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    GBM- Thanks for that. I will be able to give you a lift there as I will be going from work (and will give you a lift back after of course!)
  • Options
    Kwaka - what trouble?

CC - mgmt is working next sunday, and does remember coming in, and only does flatter fell races. So she'll not be joining you. Sorry.
  • Options
    Back from not so sunny Lake Como - still, drank lots of wine and did some good walks.

DB/Kwaka - how did Garburn go? I can't be bothered looking back through the thread!

Is anyone running tomorrow morning? M6 and I fancy a good 90 minutes run if anyone is about, if not we'll run from here.
  • Options
    minnie - btb talked of reccying the trog or part of it, but he is not back yet from his hols. Whitby of all places.
    Have a look later if nothing I shall accompany you, if i do the trog i would like to have a close look at south head (the last bit i think)

Garburn went well, nice day, great route, fantastic downhill. Derwent nearly full if you want to enter.
  • Options
    Well done to Stockport Harriet who is now Derbyshire U17 3000m County Champion - she won this afternoon at the Moorways Stadium in Derby - she stayed in second place until 350m from home then left them for dead winning by about 10 seconds.

• Options
    TST - what's wrong with Whitby? Bloody hell it's hot over here. 9.5degC and a biting sea wind in Whitby on Thursday. Only 15deg when we left this afternoon, 26 by the time we got to York. My inner fell runner was spoilt rotten.

Anyway - yes I fancied a section of the trog route tomorrow. How about we meet at the bottom of the snake path at 8.30 (on the road to the campsite from Hayfield city centre, lots of free street parking), go up the Path to the shooting cabin, on up william clough to the kinder plateau, then follow the trog route from there. When we have done the south head/mount famine bit we can either drop back down to Hayfield or finish off from peep 'o' day. This shoud be about 3-4 miles shorter than the full route, cutting out the Lantern Pike bit which most of us know and love already.

I'll be leaving at about 8.00 to pick up DB, so if anyone wants a lift let me know.
  • Options
    Well done SH - fantastic stuff.
  • Options
    BTB - see you there at 8:30.

SH, well done, thats a fantastic result!
  • Options
    SH--Fantastic!! We're not worthy!!

(Definitely adopted.)

M6s--Welcome home!!!

BTB--What sort of pace are you doing tomorrow?
  • Options
    GBM - the sort of pace which comes with 3 weeks off running and having consumed twice my bodyweight in seafood within the last week. Start gently then slow down.
  • Options
    Well done Stockport Harriet - great running!

Would love to join you tomorrow but we went to pick up the cat earlier only to be told they were closed - miserable buggers! So we need to run close to home/Disley so we can pick up Onions between 10 and 11 - the cattery is so flexible!
    DB - make sure you remember the route of the Trog - I'm relying on you!
  • Options
    BTB--I'll give it a miss tomorrow, I'm not sure my legs can cope with any more steep hills. I did fell races on Wednesday and Friday and my calfs and hamstrings are a bit stiff. I might just go for an easy plod on my own tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    If anyone's not sure of the Trog route it's here. I don't know the bit from kinder to peep o day at all, so I'm relying on Mr S's local knowledge.

DB - Tell Andy Norman to keep his beer gut under control
  • Options
    SH - you must be chuffed to bits - well done!

GBM - wasn't going to run tomorrow but if you fancy an early morning plod at 8 min + ish pace for about 6 to 8 miles then let me know. Can meet you near yours at about 8.30am. Let me know.
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    CC - Looks like I've been given a pass out for the Trog so Im in. ST has got to work so its just me, you & Mort bringing up the rear. Are you at the track next week?

Mort - If I get to GBM's can you take me also? Sorry to be a goosberry.
  • Options
    BTB - not sure I know where you are starting from, can i have a lift please.

SH - most impressive. Glad no one mentioned your time as it would only shame us.
  • Options
    Back from the 3 peaks race just about in one piece took a nasty fall on Whernside.

Boiling hot again 24 miles 7000ft ascent,5.35 second place overall and second fastest vet team,another 2 shields for the collection.

Leg fine just knackered,last year I could of run it twice,this year just about got round.

One of the blokes I ran with today is one of the organizers for the Bob Graham,talked me in to having a crack at it next year.

SH Well done fantastic achievement.

M&M welcome home hope you had a good holiday and thanks for lending me the stuff for todays race,I might pop round to drop them off and show you the new motor
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Oh and

Well done SH.
    Welcome back M&M6.
    Welcome back BTB.

TST - the trouble with the water station, vandals on the course, logistics of getting people/kit from start to finish & back & I think some of the land owners were getting a bit pety.
  • Options
    Eric--Thanks for the offer but i've just had a phone call from a friend who needs me to help him move some heavy furniture tomorrow morning. Mrs GBM is dropping me off there on her way to work and i will run home afterwards.

BTB--Sorry!! Welcome back to you too!! Did you eat at The Magpie?