Options

Rugby World Cup 2007

Comments

• Options

I think it is quite appalling that the Scotland v Romania game is only on ITV3 tonight.

If ITV are going to buy the rights I feel they could at least show the games on cooncil telly.

It will be a very tough match for us.

• Options

I think you've lost out to the football, Dude image

You're going to be OK though, aren't you? Romania look v. physical but you should edge them on skills.

Rugby for the next 6 days - fab image

• Options

It will be very hard. We traditionally struggle against Italy and they are similar styles.

• Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed - GOOD LUCK!
  • Options

Thanks mate. And for you against the Irish.

They are in a malaise but I suspect an improved performance is around the corner. I hope it isn't against you guys.

• Options

Oh yes, it would be far more useful for France if they could raise their game in time for Argentina!

• Options
    I keep looking at that England side and ine word keeps going through my mind

donkeys
  • Options

Must admit I agree. It is the first time I have seen a crap England team. I can't get used to it.

They have kept the brawn but no longer have any guile.

Did you read the Zinzan Brooke blog on the BBC website? Strong stuff.

• Options
    Welsh side for Japan

Wales: Kevin Morgan; Dafydd James, Jamie Robinson, James Hook, Shane Williams; Stephen Jones, Mike Phillips; Duncan Jones, Rhys Thomas, Chris Horsman, Will James, Alun Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Colin Charvis, Alix Popham.
    Replacements: Huw Bennett, Gethin Jenkins, Ian Evans, Martyn Williams, Gareth Cooper, Ceri Sweeney, Tom Shanklin.

I dunno - but that looks interesting
  • Options
    FB, do you think he has half an eye on the SA game with that back row? I can see GJ going very defensive for that one - no Nugget, no Owen, possibly Phillips over Peel and Daf James over Mark Jones - but even then, what's he going to do at 12?? I think we should have the courage of our convictions against the Boks and pick our own team - pace and guile, but I think GJ will have his flair on the bench.
  • Options

He needs to have an eye on the Fiji game first guys.

I've got tickets for the japan game and am looking forward to a good night out. Which means we'd better win

• Options
    rarebit you still up for that drink?
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭

Personally I think that the England team looks better (replacing a midfield of Catt, Faz & Noon has to be positive at least) but is that the best that they can do?

All of the 6N teams seem to be lacking against the SH teams at the moment.  Wales did at least try to attack Aus but defensively none of the teams look strong enough at the moment.  None of them have the combination of pace & power in the 3/4ers that the SH have.  France have shown glimpses but Argentina easily exposed their weaknesses.

Thank feck there's no Lions tour on the horizon.

• Options
    I'd put Peel in against the Boks - the SA scrum half needs to be rattled or he'll control the game - Phillips and Cooper are too slow to stop him..........

there's no point trying to outmuscle the Boks - so we'll have to go with guile and speed from breakdown or we will get mullered badly.....which we probably will anyway!!
  • Options
    FB, it's hard to see us even being close against the Boks, sadly. They even get Burger back, refreshed after his little break.

Gavo, agree with you about the Lions - they're talking about O'Sullivan being the manager in 2009 on the SA tour - please, no! How much of the difference with the S/H is chemical, how much is that they get to put in a bunch of South Sea Islanders who have thicker bones than the rest of us, how much is it that they get to play a lot of their rugby in good conditions, how much is it that they play at a higher intensity of competition, how much that they're just tougher and have a more professional attitude, it's hard to know. They do seem to be harder competitors than us.

• Options

TT, oh I should think so. Somewhere down St Mary's to get a bit of the atmosphere? I'll bounce up the Cardiff social thread.

Very efficient Scotish victory tonight

• Options

Aye.

A surprisingly confident and resounding win for Scotland which bodes well for the Italy game.

• Options

Don't know what you were worried about, Dude!

Good victory image

• Options

Aye.

Unfashionable though my opinion may be north of the border, I can't help but feel that there has been an improvement since Paterson moved back to the wing and Hogg returned to the back row.

Parks is very limited but more of a genuine No10.

• Options
    having Jason White back has also made some difference to Scotland - quality player who they missed last season...

• Options

Yay!  We looked good last night. image

Dude - yep, I agree re Paterson - he looks much more comfortable there.  There seems to be much more cohesion and (gasp) planning at the back now.  Park's kicking has been solid.

I suspect Sunday's result might not be quite so pleasing....image.

• Options

nice little game that!

Rare I have mailed you

• Options

Yes.

Although the trouble with putting Paterson on the wing is that we have a lot of flair in the back three. Rory Lamont is red hot (with able back-up from Hugo Southwell) and we also have Webster, Sean Lamont and Nikki Walker.

the answer maybe Webster in the centre? He has to be in the team because he is our most dangerous and aggressive runner. Although he is perhaps too lightweight for the All Black game.

The trouble with the All Blacks (apart from the fact that they are bloody good) is that they have an aura which Scotland have never been able to get over.

We have beaten the Aussies and the Springboks but, the trouble is, we just don't believe we can beat the All Blacks. Not deep down.

FB - yes Jason White is an inspirational figure that we mssed badly. Similar to Martin Johnson in terms of leadership qualities. I recall when Johnson was made captain, the reason given was that 'you need someone scary looking to knock on the door of the opposing team'. Jase is a big tough lad with great ability. He commands respect (from opposition and his own players) and that is key.

• Options

A great night at the Milleniumimage

lets hope the Oirish can pull it off tonight

• Options
    Why have I awoken this morning with a strong feeling of doom !

ALLEZ LES VERTS none the less
  • Options

Nooooo!

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

It's going to be tough and I'll probably not see much of the game from behind the sofa. I'm going to be so nervous, France have to win or they're out.

Any predictions for how England will do against Samoa and Scotland against the All Blacks?

• Options
    Wales played a bit like the curate's egg last night - good in parts.....

Hook had a cracking game with some nice touches, as did Mike Phillips and Martin Williams (as usual) but there was too much spilled ball and turnovers from Wales - Japan took their chances superbly and showed they can play rugby, just not at the highest level

I still fear for Wales chances when we come up against better opposition and Fiji is not going to be a stroll like last night
  • Options

allez Les Bleues

allez Chabal

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭