Options

Macmillan Westonbirt 10K Tree Trot

Scrolling the forums and ratings this has a good write up but is it the same race as the June event or totally different course? Anybody out there doing it, any idea of numbers yet? Anyone up for a PB? Coming back from hamstring prob and using as part of build up for Amsterdam in October so looking forward to playful challenge without going overboard.

Comments

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Yep...im in. Got my number and ran it last year.

Well organised and nice scenic route....I would assume it is the same course...although I have onyl ever done the later race

• Options
    I ran both last year, and the course only varied very slightly between the June and September races. It is essentially a flat course, with a couple of short undulations into and out of the old arboretum. Running surface is trail paths, so fairly easy on the legs. June race sold out v. quickly with a 550 limit, I expect this will attract similar numbers.
  • Options
    Yep I am running this one!  Have never done it before (this will be my second race as only done 1 10k since starting my half marathon training for Cardiff next month) but really looking forward to it.  Hopefully my fella will be running too (he has his number but has a bit of a dodgy hip at the mo) and also my dad wants to give it a go...he has not done any running or training apart from the other week whereas he ran for 1 mile, tripped and hasn't been able to walk properly since image so think he will end up watching from the sidelines and looking at the trees!  Westonbirt is gorgeous...that's why I signed up...and early evening too...should be lovely!
  • Options

JAND Results, Many thanks. Great race, playful, well organised, great vfm. Think they should charge more as it is for charity but difficult to keep getting sponsors. Bit wider marketing would be overall more beneficial and support say £10 entry. Will do again