Options

Mortimer Forest Hill 10

2»

Comments

• Options

I also have had a lingering chest infection,which i'm gutted about,the last few runs i have done i swear someone had put lead in my trainers......do i run don't i run-shall see how i feel sun morn-steady on the wine this weekend just in case!!

just in case i don't go - good luck all,and let us know how it goesimage

• Options

Simon

Virtually all of the course is public footpath or access - as long as you were in the wooded area above the Pipewalk you had right of access. There is a relatively short stretch of route that is not footpath - from Monstay Farm to High Vinalls car park. This is on the down hill stretch. (Where I shall be marshalling on Sunday)

If you wandered out of the forestry land, then you are on private land, I think it is the Earl of Plymouth's estate (not sure about that). You probably had the right to be there, but, as you say, arguing with a gun isn't a good plan.

I've had that infection too - it lingers on! Dropped 10 places in the last league cross country and only just getting back to normal now, a couple of weeks later.

• Options
    good luck to all runners in one of my top 5 accessible off-road events.

work has kept me close to merseyside this weekend, so i'm running the hilly Longridge 7 nr Preston 2mrw.
  • Options

Great event yet again. Very well organised. Respect to the marshals - I wouldn't have fancied standing around in the cold for a couple of hours.

The course wasn't too muddy - I reckon most of it froze!

I managed to beat  couple of Bikes! Anyone who can get a bike around that course is  incredible  - I know I couldn't!

• Options

Yep I beat a couple of bikes as well. Reckon there'd be more carrying than riding for many of the cyclistsimage

I had to start near the back as I've only just come back into racing, so had to take it much easier than I normally would. This turned out to be blessing in disguise 'cos I had some great chats on the way round. Also some fantastic marshal support on a bitter-cold day (some of the more exposed spots must have been freezin').
    The course was as tough as I'd been led to believe, and frozen ground being there where you expected it to be muddy, and vice versa. This proved good on the switchbacks but not so good on some of the paths which were rutted hard. But hey.. if you want nice conditions, go & run it in the summer. An excellent event and my thanks to to Ludlow Runners.

• Options
    Results are on the DK Website but better still, Phil Johnson was out there on the course taking photo's. I will start loading them during the next few days.
  • Options

Brian - I've use your website over the past few years. I've found it very useful. You must put  lot of effort into keeping it up to date. Happy Christmas.

Thanks

• Options
    Well done Simon and Alan. It was perishing cold marshalling, but very enjoyable. I am always impressed by the number of runners who chat and say thanks, despite the fact that this is an extremely knackering race - when I run its the best I can do to grunt in appreciation.

I'm sure that the frozen conditions made it more runnable, if a little hard under foot.

Some of those bikers were loonies!

Look forward to seeing the photos Brian. Phil looked almost as cold as I was, and I think he had lost the use of his fingers.
  • Options

you've got to say thanks to the marshals on a race like this, even more than you should anyway, some of them are out for hours and as I said before it's f-f-freezing cold. So thanks again guys !!