Options

Woking 10 10

Hi

Just completed the Woking 10 10 (10mile & 10Km combined). Only problems I could suggest need looking at is marking both starts with 10mile & 10 km, having an arrow at the end directing you onto the grass run in, a bigger finish sign (my wife kept running till I told her she'd finished) and also a marker for the luggage pickup area. But these things are I think being really picky.

The event had a good atmosphere, was well organised with lots of marshalls & directions. There was water at the water stations (unlike Reading). At the finish there was a Goody bag, water & bananas and the sun shone.

Well done the organisers. (And the results are supposed to be on-line in about 30 mins, quite impressive if they manage it.)

Already looking forward to next year.

JT

Comments

• Options
    It is a good event and well done to the organisers and Marshalls.
    Must make a mention of the poor provision of toilets as I nearly missed the 10 mile start having waited 25 minutes! 3 toilets for 400 runners + supporters. Come on Woking sort that one out.
  • Options
    SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    Yes I had a bit of a wait for the loos too. I thought the marshalls were really helpful and encouraging, but at the end I almost got taken out by a man pushing a pram wandering across the bit of grass before the finish!

I thought it was well organised though, so thanks to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Results are now on the Woking web site. I think they came up at about 16:30.
    Thats impressive - well done to those who gave up their time to achieve this.
  • Options
    what a day! did a PB for 10k, the sun shone and home by midday for a few beers and a barby in the garden.
    Ditto toilets and i.d. of which start we had to be at.
    I was a bit surprised at the finish line... I expected it to be a sort of one-lap-round-the-track style finish so I saved a bit for the crowd!... unnecessarily as it was just as you went round the corner!
    Nice medal and twix. Results on the web already, very impressive! Parking excellent. Want to get under 50m for Bognor (Post race euphoria)
  • Options
    SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    I got a mars bar. Would have swopped it for your twix Chris
  • Options

One of the better organised events I've run. No complaints at all, well done and thanks to the organisers.

Did anybody else get driven at by a demented woman in a metro near the finish or was she just after me?

69 mins for 10 miles which is a PB as I haven't run the distance before.

I got a giant snickers and I'm probably going to eat it tonight. Would also have swapped for a twix though.
  • Options
    Yes, a great event which was well organised ... started bang on time, good marshalling, fast results, decent weather ... well done Woking !

Pleased to get a PB, 63:06, so very happy.

r b r .. a metro (white ?) squeezed past me leaving little space as I was attempting some "last 1/2 mile" overtaking, if it had come an inch or two closer I would have given the window a friendly tap. No prob really. Same one ??
  • Options
    I only had eyes for the giant kitkat but nice try "rather" and "smitch"
  • Options
    Good race, well organised if not quite as flat and traffic free as promised. But did I miss something in the "goody bag"? - a few leaflets and a chocloate bar seemed a bit of a waste of a carrier bag!