Options

Run Forest Run!

Comments

• Options

You're suggesting that a large percentage of Britian suffers from Tourette's?  image

Poor bastards  

• Options

Iron Duke rocks Its not glands it's greed.

I use another, I look at them and enquire 'why is it always the fat ones that say things' it shuts them up instantly.....and bemuses them even more if they are not fat.

Apologies, I am not being cruel to those who have weight issues but if you are then don't throw stones at those that make an effort to get the most out of themselves. 

• Options
    Anyone else notice what film was on last night on channel 4? I didn't watch it but happened to find out this morning. So i'm bracing myself for a mini week long resurgence of 'Run Forest Run' from unimaginative teenagers!
  • Options
    ...too late, my hubby used it already when my son was chasing a ball during his footy game this after noon.  Raised a few sniggers as well as a few groans.  
  • Options

just reminded of one set of abuse from the other year.

Was running up the long walk in Windsor, half dozen female deers on one side of the path and 2 male deers stood slap bang in the centre (this was during the autumn so we all know the season lol).

As I got to within 150 yds the male deers looked at me, I thought "s'fine they scared of me and will bugger off soon".

Got to 100 yds (starting to slow down), deer still looking at me (the rock hard bikers glare) and I noticed how big the antlers really were (bloody huge).

Got to 50 yds (still thinking they will move but stopping to a slow walk) deer not moving.

Bugger, I turned round and ran back up the path looking to see if they were after me, fortunately they stayed still.  I wasnt the only one who bottled it on that run either lol.image

• Options

Double hard chav deer I take it FR?

A PB on the way back no doubt ...lol

• Options

I once had a group of kids run after me singing the Rocky theme tune! It actually made me laugh but only cos they were about 10! Any older and I might have been a bit scared! I take my husband with me now, so we're left alone!

I did get a "keep going love" from an old woman once, which was sweet!

Why cant people be encouraging? Just cos we're out in shorts in the freezing rain on a Sunday morning......we're not mad, honest!

• Options
    ScreamScream ✭✭✭

Three new abuses from one run last night! (Are we still doing the list? - couldn't find it...)

Two car horns

One monkey noise from a car window - didn't get this one at all...

• Options
    Got shouted at on Saturday by some bloke in a pickup truck. No idea what he shouted though as most of the time you can't understand a word that get's shouted from moving vehicle (and I'm going a little deaf anyway).
  • Options

I just this minute got in from a 7 miler, I left the house, ear phones in, music on. WIthout turning round, I side step to the wall, lean against it and start stretching my calfs. Over my music, I eventually (Must have been a good 45 seconds) hear shouting and laughing. So, I take one ear phone out, turn around and theres around 10-12 teenagers stood there, boys and girls, pointing, laughing, jeering.

Things like "Gowarrrrn! Streeeetccch!!!!"  and "Cooorrrr, flex dem muscles!" (I'm not exactly 'built'!)

Be cool I think...so I  stop my music and shout, "whos up for a run then!?" one of them then tells me hes too fat, smokes too much and would probably keel over. The others are up for it, but before this they ask me what music I listen too. At this point, I'm thinking "S**t, its bye bye iPod time!" (And I shouldnt be so fast to judge, I know!)

I tell them I listen to trance, to my surprise they all look some what lost and confused "Whats trance?" so they have a listen, tell me its "F***ing wicked mate!" and "Just like hardcore maaan"

To be honest they were no trouble at all...they just couldnt resist laughing at the man in the lycra with the day-glo jacket on!

Oh, and later on in my run some bloke shouted "Boo!" at me as I passed him. He must have been about 25 or so. Shame on him that people 10 years younger than him had more wit and humour!!!

• Options

Nice one SMH, I think that sometimes the comments are born out of curiosity and the gob moves before the the individual[s] have a chance to assess what or in most cases WHY they are saying something. In your case you satisfied the curiosity of the kids and did a good job of it, but the 25 yo saddo proves that plain stupidity is another reason why these thoughtless dikheads are compelled to comment.

By the way BotFish, myself and the wife did an early 10k this morning and a pair in a moving van going in the opposite direction shouted something .......well something. It was incomprehensible, why bother. 

• Options

i remember passing a couple of young lads .. one was quite large!! ..  they looked at me - (i was listening to my music and just looked up ..) - well! the little sods gesticulated to me with their hands over their "breasts" mouthing "BOING BOING" (now im NOT THAT huge breasted and yes! i was wearing a decent sports bra!)

well i passed them ..turned round (and very pleased with myself ..) shouted back at them (they turned round..) "at least im not "BOING BOING BOING...." this time gesticulating to my stomach!!!! (looking at the fat lad  up and down)

i felt sooo much better!!! 

• Options

LOL at previous

"118" from school kids this morning - must get rid ofthe black moustache andred running socks!  

• Options
    ...Cinderella; just love it! You're very sharp. Wish I could be a quick as that.
  • Options

So, it's the end of January and one month into 2008 and we have had our fair share already, from some fairly harmless banter to some much more serious, and quite frankly dangerous, canal pushes, car swerves and paintball guns!

I've tried my best to summarise and update the list the best I can, but at this rate we're going to have a pretty big abuse list by the end of the year.  Stay safe out there.....

Don't have nightmares, do sleep well. image

The Great 2008 Abuse List

"Run Forest Run"   x7
    "Run you lanky b8stard!"  x1
    Ciggy flick x1
    Wolf Whistle x3
    "Get Them Knees up" x1
    Stopped for Directions x1
    "You are getting Slower Every Day "x1
    "Don't you have a job" x1
    "Run Bitch Run" x1
    "Keep on Running" x2
    "Beep Beep Beep Beeeeeeppppp!" x10
    Self Abuse x1
    Deliberately standing in path x3
    "There's a 100 mile an hour speed limit here you know" x1
    "Belly's going to get ya!"
    "118!" x5
    Stopped to be asked "What you doing? Out running was ya?!" x1
    " You've got two threads of white cotton hanging from your shorts - Oh no sorry, those are your legs" x1
    "Go Paula!" x3
    C'mon Pirate x1(Heard at other
    "What do you charge love" x1
    "you want ta watch ya don't get an Injury Love"x1
    "You're going the wrong way!" x1
    "broken any records today love?" x1
    "stupid ba**ard" x1
    Egg throw x3
    Owner sets dog on runner x2
    Offered Drugs x1
    "Get a Life!!" x1
    "You must Be mad!" x2
     "f%$king T*%%er x1
    "You must be very fit!" x1
    "Morning Forrest" x1
    "Exersise Freak" x1
    The Rocky Theme sung x2
    "Move it you fat cows" x1
    "50 points if ya get 'er" together with a swerve on the bike x1
    "You must be f**kin' freezin" x2
    Drink Throw x2
    "Oi, Peter Crouch!" x1
    "sexy legs" x1
    trip Attempt x4
    "Run Fatty!" x1
    Getting shot by paintball gun x1
    McDonalds Wrapper throw x1
    Farted at x1
    "Is the Bingo not on tonight then?"
    Pushed into the canal x1
    "Nice Arse" x1
    "Look mum, a skellington!" x1
    "You don't want to get any thinner!" x1
    "aye aye show us yer pie" x1
    "Driven at by a car" x1
    "Blimey, his legs are like... motorways!" x1
    Monkey Noises x1
    "Gowarrrrn! Streeeetccch!!!!" x1
    Incomprehensible abuse from white Van Man x2

• Options
    I got a 'need a lift?'  from a man in a van that slowed down to drive alongside me at the end of my 15 miler last weekend. I really did!! (but I didn't accept)
  • Options

yeah yeah, so you say....! image

• Options
    I didn't, honest mum!! image
  • Options

I don't run outside often but on one occaision I got shouted at from a passing white van.  I can't remember the exact words now but he was expressing amazment that my boobs weren't bouncing as I was running - My level 4 Shockabsorber was doiing it's job well!! image

• Options
    What is it with car adverts which imply that us sporty folks want to be given a lift?  There's the one with the mutant muppets picking up a cyclist.  Then there's another with a four wheel drive picking up loads of walkers as it goes down a mountain.  If I was out for a hike on a nice remote mountain the last thing I'd want is to be bothered by a track-rutter.
  • Options

I got a very friendly, "Looking good buddy!" by a road cyclist whizzing past at about a hundred times the speed I was going at.

I barely gasped a "You too!" before he and his mate had sped off into the distance.

I was not looking good at all, but appreciated the motivation. image

• Options

I figured it out!!!!!!!!

Heavy Metal Rocky type music

Loud enough to drown out the sound of gunfire and atomic bombs

No more hearing of insults  image

• Options
    A couple of years ago I was in New Orleans and decided to do for an early morning run. Once I started though and the sun came up it was soon over 80 degrees and very humid, and I was really struggling. I ran past quite a fancy hotel, and the rather elderly uniformed black doorman tipped his hat to me and said 'Morning God' as I ran past. I was too knackered to laugh.
  • Options

Fingers - you forgot the beer can thrown at me!

spalashed a load of chavvy young footballers last night in Luton - they were getting in the way on purpose. They do it each week and their manager is no help

And we wonder why some footballers turn out the way they do eh??...

• Options

We had a 'Run Forest Run'  slurred at us by a very stoned glue sniffer at 6am one morning.  He proceeded to chuckle to himself - bless!

Also had lots of of shouts from cars, tooting of horns and for some reason looks of disdain from people stood outstide pubs shivering sucking on a fag! 

Highlight last weekend though - After 18 months of running  hubby got a wolf whistle - he now thinks he is a running god!

• Options

On the canal bank this week - lots of kids about to go rafting are told by their teachers to step aside rapidly with: "LOOK OUT - IT'S AN ATHLETE!".    It wasn't, it was a baldy sweaty muddy knackered miserable weedy looking bloke with the athletic talent of a flea, but hey, you'd have to take that.

• Options
    It's not all bad... Was out with the club the other night and lost the end of the group ahead of me as we rounded a corner... was unsure of the way to go but a bunch of "chav's" actually pointed me in the right direction! I was so shocked I almost ran the other way incase they were lying!!
  • Options

Driving home from one of Dad's Taxi duties, I stopped at the lights. As they changed to green I started off and nearly ran over these two runners who were chancing their luck a bit. They were't clogging along, just being steady.

Then I recognised one as a clubmate.....

....I would have hurled abuse but had kids in the car!

• Options

Remains of McDonalds thrown from car and something unitelligible shouted - (may not have been aimed

at me but I'm claiming it anyway! ) 

• Options

Hahaha - on the last mile home on Saturday was shattered and forced to dodge lots of Kiwi's out and about.  Someone yelled something not very nice or partiuclary encouraging as I ran past and tried to grab me.  I was finished, but managed to yell something like "yeh well - at least we did better at the rugby". 

Then I tripped.  image