Options

Support Group 5

Comments

• Options

ah, memories.  when did i last have 10 hours sleep?

hope we are all ship shape this morning team.

• Options

'ello Group 5 - thanks to some erroneous formatting (my fault!) I managed to exclude myself from the groupings...d'oh! A quick e-mail to Bouncing Barlist though and I've been allocated a place in what's surely the best group...the Famous 5!

So, about me:

Forum name: Turnpike Lane Tony
    Race number: 40409
    Estimated time at mile 17: Erm...first marathon so who knows. Would ideally like to be doing 10-11min miles so whatever that is. If it's 15mins to cross the line I'm guessing sometime between 12:50 and 13:30 (lovely tight timeframe there!).
    Wearing: Orange/Blue Sue Ryder Care vest ('TONY' on front) with white t-shirt underneath, white shorts and white socks (maybe a rather fetching blue knee brace on my left knee too...undecided on that)
    Requests: Not sure yet, think a smile and 'go arn' will suffice but considering a Mars Bar. Hmm...

• Options
    Woohoo - Hello Tony!!!

*DD waves frantically*
  • Options
    Tweety - loving the Numberjack image

Pixie - glad you're feeling better image
  • Options

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f5f7de84f1.jpg

Sorry, people - I couldn't resist...can I be Julian? image

• Options
    You can be whoever you want to be Tony/Julian..... image
  • Options

Hi all, thank you for putting me in group 5, you sound like a load of nutters, but slightly saner than the 3.45ers to which I belong.  Believe me, they're maddddddddddd

OK, here we go 

Forum name: Linsey Loo
    Name: Linsey
    Race number: 14235
    Estimated time to mile 17: 9.00 miling, so about 2 hours 40 from start - is that 12.15ish?
    What you'll be wearing: Children with Leukaemia Mr Men vest with LINZ on front and back
    Special needs:  er, is that questioning my mental ability or if I have any requirements!  Just a cheer would be fab, thank you

Thank you all so much, we are immensely grateful, all of us xx

• Options
    Nutters? whatever gave you that idea???? image
  • Options

Hi Group 5,  Tony, if you are Julian can I be George. 

I was hoping to get around in 4-4-15 but been having some niggles with pirifomis which seems to be moving to my hip, so now not sure (wibble)

Here's my details:

Forum name: GillyMac
    Name: Gill
    Race number: 5268
    Estimated time to mile 17: I was planning on 9.00 miling as well so hope to get there around same time as Lindsey Loo so around 12:15 (altho I will update this nearer time if I have to readjust for my dodgy leg)
    What you'll be wearing: a purple SPARKS vest with Gill on the front
    Special needs:  A cheer and maybe some Jelly Baby's

Thanks to the supporters, you are all great.  Are you going to be in the same place as last year or did I read that it had moved closer to the Asda?

• Options

Can I be Aunt Fanny? image

• Options

oo-er!

glad you like the numberjack.  i have changed my avatar in this group's honour.

when is everyone going to the expo?

i am excited, and I am not even running this year!

• Options
    welcome to the new joiners.  and gillymac, i love your avatar.  tony, the book cover is genius!
  • Options

Tweety like the new avator.

I'm going to expo on Thursday after work.

• Options

Hey gang,  I've been alllocated to the famous 5 too!  Just got back from hols so not signed up earlier, so here goes......

Forum name:  Pinkerbelle (Pinks)

Number:  41949

Wearing:   black cycling shorts and white/pale blue t shirt with Sara on front in blue

Estimated time to mile 17:    um....difficult one as have been injured and done very little training in last 3-4 weeksimage but going on past times guessing 3 hrs 15 from start and say 15 mins to cross line so 1.15 ish

special needs:  tissues and hug and any green/yellow jelly sweets please.

thank you!

• Options
    Hey Pinkerbelle... welcome to the mayhem!! image

Hope your injuries are mended - good luck for 13th!!

DD
  • Options
    I still haven't got my vest..... apparently my charity are giving them out at the expo..
  • Options

Just popping in from Group 1 to say hi (a special Hi to GillyMac - I'll watch out for you!!!).

To confirm - usual venue at Mudchute Station is now available (hoardings that were blocking the spot have been moved).  Hopefully Barley will be able to get some pics up of the location (if my email gets through to him...!)

See you all next week!! image

• Options

Confirmation of support area position

The supporters will be at the usual location on the left hand side of the road by the railings after the pedestrian crossing next to Mudchute DLR Station (The hoardings have now been moved)

Runners - there are Blue hoardings to the left just before the Zebra crossing, the supporters will be on the left immediately after the hoardings.

I have posted some pictures on page 30 (near the bottom of the page) on the Runners and Supporters thread

• Options
    Hi Group 5 *waves*

Aitch from Group 2 just checking in with a special request....

One of our runners, Soup Draggon (Julie), celebrates her 50th Birthday on race day! She's leaving a little cake and candle at the Expo and we're going to light the candle so she can blow it out at mile 17 (then eat the cake, obviously). I thought it would be nice if we could all sing Happy Birthday to her as well!! She's estimating it will take her 3 hours 20 min to reach mile 17 so if supporters could get their best singing voices ready I'm sure she'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks

Aitch - group 2 co-captain
  • Options

OMG! Nerves are setting in now. I'l be a mass of wibbles after Wednesday when I've been to Expo.

• Options

well done to pixie and hello to the visitors from the other groups.

i sincerely hope no-one slipped over in the snow training today.

i am hoping to go to expo thursday afternoon.  i take it its at the excel centre again this year?

• Options

i put this on the macmillan runners thread last year...

now i lay me down to sleep

i pray the Lord my health to keep

if i should panic before i wake

i pray the Lord my fear to take

God bless barley, beanz, all group 5 runners, supporters and runners from the other groups, the mad lady from group one celebrating her 50th on race day

btw, i am not particularly religious, i just like this.

• Options

Good Morning Group 5

Just popping in to say hello before work.  I am getting excited!  Will be at Expo on Thursday so will come to the stand to say hello.

xx