Options

Just rang FLM office

Comments

• Options

tried at 10:30 ish this morning but kept getting a white screen at various points through the process, but eventually I made it all the way and got confirmation from from flm and worldpay.

Good luck All

Ade

www.runnngdads.com

• Options
    All Text of a mail sent to Editor today I am mailing you to ask if you can help get a proper answer from the FLM re the problems with the online entry Yesterday I tried to enter but was thrown at at the payment page of mty entry. I could not go back in as it stated an entry already existed with my mail address - I didnot get any confirmation mail from FLM re this entry Today I have contacted the FLM office who really didnt seem to know what was going on. I was given an e-mail add of online-entry@london-marathon.co.uk, my mail were constantly returned undelivered. I eventually got a number to call at realbuzz, I was told to enter again with a different e-mail add, I queried this as I didnt think this was right, the chap went away and said he had confirmed this was OK. I entered again with my work e-mail and have now got a confirmation mail from both FLM and World Play I know this has happened with numerous people as can be seen from the Forum and my thread there re this. I need to know if my entry will be OK, not just for myself but for everybody who got thrown out of the system and now cannot register as the site keeps saying an entry already exists with this mail add I think we all need an official comment from the organisers
  • Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

3:30

Cheers for sending this to the editor. Lets hope the organisers let us know. I'd hate to lose out on a place for 2009 because of this!!!

• Options
    Seems to be working fine now ? I have just entered.
  • Options

My wife (bless her) spent one hour waiting on the phone to the FLM Office this morning before someone answered to say they had all my details from yesterdays entry online and explained that there was a computer glitch yesterday. FLM Office also confirmed my address and previous 5 declined entries. I should hear via e-mail tomorrow my confirmation of my entry as I already had my World Pay confirmation. Hope this answer helps people's anxiety that you should all hear tomorrow if you haven't already.

Andy

• Options
    I have been able to enter as well.
  • Options
    I tried once, got to the worldpay page and realised when the details came up that I'd mistyped my address and put 19 instead of 18.  I pressed back, and the details had cleared but it wouldn't let me re-register with the same email address.  I used my work email, and it seemed to go through OK with a FLM confirmation and a Worldpay confirmation (I didn't get anything through from the first attempt).  Fingers crossed it's all OK...
  • Options
    AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

I managed to register OK today and got the acknowledgement email.

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    FF registered last night with no probs whatsoever. Got the confirmation email back from FLM and Worldpay immediately. He just has to wait to see if he is accepted now and then they take the money.
  • Options
    AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Go on Sezz, you know you want to as well. 

• Options

My experience mirrored YP1 exactly - even down to having to go back as I'd mistyped my address. I am also keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey, Sezz - well done yesterday.......................are you tempted to join FF next year????? image

• Options

Yep my problems were exactly the same as YP1. But as I previously posted realbuzz told me to enter again with different mail add, which I did - I know have a refernce number from FLM and a mail from World Pay

Tried to send another mail to the mail add I was given /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif[/img]nline-entry@london-marathon.co.uk]online-entry@london-marathon.co.uk but again returned as unknown add. I am going to call FLM tomorrow with my ref number and make them look this up for me to confirm that as I attempted to enter once and it went wrong and realbuzz told me to apply with different mail add that this is OK

This is obviously a disaster as they have closed applications now until Monday ! I will not let this go until it is sorted

• Options

I have only just got back from London and stayed down for a long weekend. Considering I only just completed my marathon yesterday, I am quite gutted to know that online entries are already closed, or at least phase one. They promised that they would keep it open long enough for everyone who has actually ran it to enter and considering there were alot of people on my train back with their FLM kit bags, I guess not.

The site says they will re-open it on 21st for the final 35,000 ballot entries but I am at work at 9am and will not be able to enter until tea time and if 80,000 have gone so quick and there have been so many problems, then surely they will go too?! Does this mean that I will not be able to even get into the ballot?

And I cant help but think, by opening this on midday on Marathon Day when all but the elite are still running, then wont loads of the ballot entries have gone to people who are sat in their armchairs thinking of what a fun day out it looks and will not have given any consideration to the hours of training in the cold dark winter months it takes to get you there?

• Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

Excellent news for those who've been able to get registered without a problem. I'll just have to wait and see what the organisers say....fingers crossed for good news.

Phoebe - I didn't know that they were doing this in 2 stages. Whats the point, maybe they should just have opened up the online entry yesterday to give people chance to get home from Sundays race. It does say they have 5000 paper ballots available from next week, but you have to ring FLM helpline which is constantly engaged.

If they do on-line at 12pm on race day next year and I'm in it I'll take a laptop with me to make sure I can register on time.

Hope you get registered. Good luck!!!

• Options

tino2510,

I heard on Radio London yesterday that they were going to issue paper applications because of the om-line disaster, I rang the help line and after 25mins waiting I was then put on hold for 10 only to be told that this was wrong and there would definately be no postal ballot, it had to be done on-line, I hope my info is wrong because a lot of people are going to be dissapointed next year  

• Options

The question is, have 80,000 places in the ballot actually gone, or is half (or more) of that made up of incomplete details where the site fritzed on people, noting the email address but not completing the registration? Will be interesting to see how many places are actually available when it re-opens ...

ETA: the website confirms that there will be 5,000 paper ballots available, call from 9am today on 020 7902 0200.

• Options
    AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Phoebe, can't you get someone to register on your behalf who will have internet access at 9am on the 21st?  I'm sure it's ok for them to enter your details and use their own credit/debit card to pay the fee.

• Options

I think some of those 80, 000 could well be incomplete entries Domina - who knows at the moment?

I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mails - I'm not going to chase them for the time being as I'm assuming they've got HUNDREDS of them to deal with.

• Options

Eventually get something other than an engaged tone, followed the recorded instructions to get to a message saying to email london@realbuzz.com, then the line went dead.  Now I emailed them yesterday and have had no response. 

I know some people have actually spoken to a real person and not a recorded message - what number did you get thro' on? 

• Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

Ultra

I spoke to the helpline yesterday who told me to speak to real buzz. Rang them and spoke to someone who basically told me that they knew why I was calling and that I needed to email london@realbuzz.com and they would contact me back.

Eagerly awaiting a response. I'm hoping that as our personal details have been logged we have an entry. All FLM have to do then is contact us for our payment details.

Domina - on the London Marathon page as it says there are 5000 paper ballots available for those who can't register online.

The organisers need to put something on their website so we know whats going on.

• Options

Don't worry - I reckon the 80,000 includes most people who intend to enter.   There won't be the same mad rush for the remaining 35,000.

• Options

Good news chaps,

I have just had an e-mail from one of the programmers at realbuzz confirming both my entries.

They are obviously getting through the queries gradually.  With luck they will get through them all in the next day or so. 

• Options
    I just got a reply to. They apologied for the issues with the server and confirmed that they had just got the one entry for me.
  • Options

The wheels are definitely grinding then - albeit slowly.

Looking forward to the inevitable third rejection in October now, LOL image 

• Options

its becoming a fiasco during the marathon yesterday on tv they where saying how anybody could do it and it should be at the top of things to do before you die,so anybody and everybody has entered.i took up running a couple of years ago i joined a running club and do half marathons ok i am 50 looks like i  wil have to wait untill im 55,they should   have a seperate day or race for walkers.never mind i will find another if i get turned down again next year.

• Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

Andy, try for a golden bond place. This was the only way I got into this years marathon. I still expect I'll get a rejection from the 2009 ballot but I've registered with a few charities. So hopefully I can still get a place.

You're right though it seems as though the emphasis is now the FLM is a "fun run" and anyone can do it. Someone in work registered last year and got in through the ballot because they liked the idea of doing a fun run. No previous running history at all and never run more than a mile.

Again, I went in today and someone else likes the idea of doing it for a bit of fun and looked easy on the telly.

I'm all for anyone completing the marathon if they can build upto 10k and half marathon but please take it seriously in terms of preparation and commitment. I just feel that these individuals take up the places of runners who long to complete the marathon.

Most other marathons have seperate fun runs and walks.....sorry for the grumble!!!

• Options
    Eventually got an email confirming I'm in the ballot.  Won't get in but most importantly it'll be one year nearer an automatic place!!
  • Options

All seems a bit of a disaster and not well thought out by London Marathon HQ.

I know that the online system has it's advantages, ie. less paperwork, and easier to do, but to open up the entry system at midday of the marathon is totally foolish. There was bound to be hysteria with people at home watching the race, and think 'yeh I could do that' and then entering. The ease at which you could enter online has fueled demand. At least with the paper based entries you had to go out of your way to get a form, allowing time to seriously think about it.

I ran my first FLM on Sunday via a Golden Bond Place. I've entered and got rejected before via the ballot. I would like to see the entry system a bit fairer, but it's never going to be perfect with such high demand. There do seem to be a lot of large companies getting places to allocate to their staff which I don't agree with really.

Lets not slate FLM though, they've tried to do something positive with online entry, but have dropped a boll**k here with this. They do seem to be trying to rectify it though.

On the, 'well it's not fair I ran it today, and not enough time to get home and enter', have you thought that it might be best to give others a chance to run?! I know someone who has run 9 London marathons via the ballot. Now I've said to him openly that it's blatantly unfair to have got so many successful entries, he's had three in a row since 2005, and for me thats just not on. I ran via Golden Bond this year, and was positive about raising money for charity, I would have no issue at getting rejected straight off on the basis that I ran it this year, and give someone else a chance.

• Options

Martin
    I'm in the same position as Phoebe, just got home from the race to find this disaster going on.  The only way I can now enter the ballot is to take next Monday morning off work and hope that their system works.
    I have entered the ballot 5 times and not got in once yet.  Being prohibited from actually entering the ballot may save me from further disappointment, but please don't tell me that it is fair!

• Options

I too have entered the ballot four times and been rejected. The only reason I got a place this year is because I got a club place of which 14 in my club also wanted and it will be their turn next year. I have raised money this year for a local charity I wanted to as it was my first marathon, but I will not have the funds from the people that supported me this year in order to raise enough money for a golden bond place next year.

It is disappointing each year to get rejected from the ballot but I would at least hope to get in the ballot in the first place. I know the ballot is not always the fairest system as it is random but I do not agree that because I have ran it once out of the five years I have wanted to that I should not get a place this year or even the fair opportunity to get one. What will annoy me though that all these places will have been paid for by people who will not show the commitment to the training and rather than withdraw in plenty time for FLM to offer other places out, that they will just not show up on the day.