Options

I am so not happy!!!

WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Parked up for a run a couple of weeks ago, walked away from my lovely little red jimny and bang!!!! So silly bat had parked and left her handbrake off, her car rolled down and slammed into my back door.  I have just been told its possibly uneconomical to salvage.  I am so unhappy because I love this car, am not materialistic, do not want another new one just want my old jimny.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
  • Options
    What kind of damage is it ? Cosmetic ? You may be able to get a new door from a breakers yard. They're all on tinternet now - really quick responses.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

There are breakers brokers on the web - you say what you're looking for, they broadcast it around the spares/breakers, then you get emails from those who have what you're looking for, with prices, etc.

If I could remember the name of the one I used, I'll tell you!

Google the part you're looking for - that'll bring up such organisations.  That's how I found the one I used.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    cheers guys.  Now feeling bit better, mate at work said just get the money and he wil see what he can do with the back panel.  it is only cosmetic, back door locks, car works so s*d it.
  • Options

Wabo, we had a similar problem with an elderly but much loved Renault 5 - the insurance company let us keep the car and we got the panels etc we needed from a breakers and our friendly garage man fixed her. 

That was about 5 years ago and she is still a joy to drive.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mrs g thanks for that, sounds positive! I was quite upset as I love my little car
  • Options

My beloved N reg Fiesta was written off 8 weeks ago and I was completely devastated. I've got a shiny new car now but I'd give anything to have my old one back. Insurance company only gave me £247 for it as well...buggers.

I'm in for a fair amount of compensation though so I look forwards to that.

A friend had her car reversed into, denting the door. The insurance company said they'd give her £800 and let her keep the car. The door cost £150 to fix so she was in profit!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lou-lou I am hoping mine goes the same way as your mate, good luck with the compensation!