Options

why do women....

Comments

• Options

Mr LB does it before every marathon (well not the whole lot off - leaves a bit on for decency and to single him out as not being German). Swears it makes the moisture wick away from the skin better. I think it makes him look hot.image so I drag him to bed and ravish him before he turns into velcro.....image

If you want more action guys, you need to pay attention to the fur....image

• Options

LB,

You are correct..French ladies are extremely hairy...must be hell for the guys having to find away through all that when they are down there.image

• Options

Should add that I do have my back waxed 'cos it keeps Mrs Borders happy.

The Mrs has suggested that I get the clippers on my left side pubes to look even.

Worse thing about the hernia repair was the bruising made "my best friend" look like an aubergine, could cope with the swelling but not the ache and colour.

• Options
    I think thats perfectly fair LB they expect us to tidy up so should they
  • Options

Borders, I'd have been tempted to lop it off for a ratatouille......image

Maddy - agreed. I like to keep the lady garden well cut back. Less is most definitely more!

• Options

LB, I don't understand why hairless would be good. I mean, hair on a man's body is a marker of having passed puberty.  It's like breasts on a woman.  Would you fancy a bloke with an un-broken voice?

• Options
    Reduces chafing ont hebike as well I find
  • Options
    (I'm talking about chest and back, not "down there")
  • Options
    Its about grooming Mike there seems to be an expectation that women shave hair off various parts - see previous comment re french woman and the reaction form other blokes - why shouldn't we expect men to do the same - our body hair is also a sign we have passed puberty
  • Options
    Back hair is gross to alot of women in same way women with pit hair is gross to men
  • Options

Men get bloody hairier the older they get, though! image

So do women, come to think of it - nobody wants a bird with a beard.....image

I like men with "a bit" of hair on their chests, or no hair at all. I like clean nails too. Mr LB has manicured fingernails and never leaves the toilet seat up. How metrosexual is that?image

• Options

Well yeah, so they tell me, so I remove it....

I just find it hard to understand why. Never mind....

• Options
    Time to post a pic MF.....image
  • Options
    What, before and after?
  • Options
    During is good....image
  • Options
    Aha yes video of the waxing process
  • Options

Oh, a grooming thread.

Last year I had a back, chest and crack waxing.  Wasn't brave enough for the full sack but I usually keep things trimmed there anyway.  I really liked the clean feeling of a de-fuzzed backside and quite liked the chest.  It grow back really quickly though and before it did, it was bit spotty.  Bloomin expensive too.  Nearly £100 for that lot.  Might try some Veet on the chest for the summer.

I do think it's polite to be tidy - after all, as the ladies have said, we appreciate it too image

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

It is a tiny concern in the back of my mind...

Why do men prefer women with little body hair, as if they were pre-pubescent.....

I think the hairy back being unattractive is probably down to it seeming a bit animal-ish - like an ape, rather than a human.  Some women like it, though.

And nose hair must, must, must, be trimmed.

• Options
    It's an interesting point Wilkie.  Maybe it's not so much a pre-pubescent thing, more of a youthful thing? (there is a difference).  Personally, I just think it looks clean.  Also, I think it suggests an intimate sexuality of of the person concerned in the same way that if a person looks after their general appearance and hygiene, they tend to consider others too.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I wonder how much of it is 'learned' though - we're told that hairiness is unattractive, so we believe it, and continue the practice. 

No-one then wants to go out with the hairy bird, because she's not 'looking after herself'.

Why do the French not think so?  Or other cultures where women don't shave?

• Options

A lot of it is learned - that's culture for you.

I have to say that I've not noticed it on French women.  Some do still have hairy pits but generally, I find the French extremely well turned out (I don't intimate knowledge so can't comment from that point of view).

Perceptions of what is attractive do change over very short periods of time especially in today's media bombarded society.  Hairy bits wouldn't put me off but hairy legs or arm pits etc might.

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I think that European women do shave more these days - the American influence probably.

Or is it all  con by Gillette et al? image

OK ladies - who's had a Brazillian?  And how painful was it?

• Options

I'm afraid I shave. For two reasons.

I'm not showing anyone but the gynaecologist or Mr LB the bits that a beauty therapist (AKA torturer) need to see to rip your undercarriage off (and yes, I do know you keep your knickers on but we're talking thongs here and they're traditionally a bit thin in the gusset department by definition)

I am not a fan of unnecessary pain. I can do a pretty good job with a mirror and a razor and save my money for the aforementioned shoes and handbags....! image

• Options
    Waxed the edges once myself - always shave now - fecking hurt can't believe I plucked up the courage to pull the second strip after the first - I think getting it done professionally might actually hurt less
  • Options

I pierced my own ears with a needle once while watching The Bill.....image

Not convinced whilch was the more horrible experience...

• Options
    ow ow ow OW LB
  • Options
    Have had a brazillian before and it was feckin sore ... never again!
    Was walking like John Wayne back to the car with the skin all angry red and bleeding in places – not nice!

Will only ever submit to a standard tidy up now.
  • Options

I know Maddy! The worst bit was once I'd done poked the needle through to the back of the lughole, I was so shocked it had gone through, I pulled it back out again in surprise and had to re-insert it! Blood everywhere (and infection quickly followed of course)image

Then a couple of weeks later I realised it looked "uncool" to have just one ear done and had to stab myself again! image I think it was my paltry effort at self harm...image

I would add this was 18 years ago and I'm not as mental now....image

• Options

LB many people have tried that - I nearly do on a regular basis as I don't wear ear rings very often and often end up re-opening the holes - all 4 of them.  Same withmy nose stud  - that makes your eyes water if its been out long enough