Options

A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

1532533534535536538»

Comments

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Booktrunk,

Fingers crossed you get there, good luck.

• Options

Hah, I went from  1h 10 or so to 56 mins simply by not wearing my comfy relaxing Hokas which make me run like Mr. Staypuft. I put on a nice pair of speedy Newtons,  and then invested a small amount of actual effort into it- boom, headshot!

That was just running through an urban area, having to cross roads and things, as an old wreck who'd been running less than six months. I didn't push terribly hard- picked up the pace for a tiny bit of a kick in the last kilometre. It felt great, and justified all those boring heart rate constrained runs. I really should find time to get some speedwork in some time, though, lest I fall into the "happy plodder" trap.

Booktrunk, you'll get there soon. All that heart rate training is doing wonders for your overall efficiency and stamina. One day soon you'll be out having a good day, push that bit harder without even feeling it, and notice that you're picking up the pace, on target for the hour. It'll be a pleasant surprise, even though you already know that you can do it. Don't worry image

• Options
    Ado.Ado. ✭✭✭

I'm back above 60m having pb'd at 57 mins once! Back on it again, hoping to break the 60 agai 

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Ado,

Well done. 

--------

No running for me at the mo as I've done something to my knee.