Awwwww

FTP

and LB

in a tree. . .  .

Sod off MF!image
  • Options
    micknphil-marathonlads.com wrote (see)
    carry on and make little miss LB proud ahh

Thanks Mick! I'm trying to make her proud, but she got High School Musical stuff from the birthday party and I think she's forgotten I exist! image

I do hope FLM give you and Phil a place for next year. I, for one would gladly wait another year if they gave my ballot place to you guys instead, but I guess it doesn't quite work like that!image

i have a feeling it'll be another "no" for me anyway....image And a big fat marquee sized jacket that I could rent out for weddings.....image

• Options

LB

they don't worry me you know

• Options

LB

you know, one day a while ago - the talk among newbies was of stamina and were it started

and i gently said it starts at around 10k - the real stamina button that is, i know people try hard from scratch - as i once did

but i was given a hell of a slating

what those people don't know is, that a friend of mine read it and priveatly e mailed me and said

Mick " don't worry these people have no idea what they are talking about - they've a lot to learn "

some u can win - some u lose as help is concerned

• Options
    LB, Just a quickie. Did you receive an e-mail from FLM this month, stating that the application results would be known in September? My sports massage chap first mentioned it to me last week, and then a lady down my gym also informed me of it. I did receive the official confirmation e-mail, back in April, but I seem to be the only bugger not to get this latest one. If I was a 'glass half empty' sort of person, I would suspect that this is not a good omen for me...!
  • Options
    Mr BumpMr Bump ✭✭✭
    Safety - Sorry to butt in here.  I got that e-mail, received 22 August.  It did indeed confirm that the ballot results would be known in September.  Maybe you have a "spam-killer" and that prevented the e-mail from appearing in your In-Box?
  • Options
    Mr B, I do check my antispam folder on a daily basis, without joy. I even quizzed the missus on the possibility of her 'accidentally' deleting it. (She didn't enjoy the 9 month build-up to this year's event!) Needless to say, she denied all knowledge!!
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Safety29,

My mum freaked when she knew I'd entered the ballot (because of her experience of my first marathon).  However my partner said you better enter now because if you end up with 5 rejections it will put at 43 when you get to run FLM.  So I'm really hoping that I don't get in next year's race because I know with everything which has gone with me this year I'm not going to be in the best position.

• Options
    Mr BumpMr Bump ✭✭✭
    Safety - I get an e-mail about every month from FLM advertising various things.  Maybe check with FLM that they've got your e-mail address correct on their database, assuming you want their e-mails, that is.
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Mr Bump,

Is it really every month.  It doesn't feel like that.  Although I'm getting emails from my 5k.  (Which I'm now running in a pink wig to get a bit more sponsorship out of someone because he's said he would double his money if I ran in it.)

• Options

HY4 - Fingers crossed that you will make it to sunny Reading, then!!

Mr B - I did receive the application confirmation e-mail to my usual address. Can you remember if there was one of those 'tick the box if you don't want to receive info' type affairs on the application page? I usually do this as a matter of course..... pillock that I am!

• Options
    Mr BumpMr Bump ✭✭✭

Safety - No, I can't remember - sorry!

HY4 - I definitely got one in July and one in August.  I can't remember before that. 

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Safety29,

I think it was one of those kind of forms.  I hope so because I'm rubbish when it comes to winter running.  (Which was one of the reasons I struggled for my marathon last year, apart from a complete job & house relocation in the middle of training.)

• Options
    Thanks all! I will now shuffle off to my two girls' bedroom and watch High School Musical once more, in the hope that it will send them to sleep before Match of the Day starts!
  • Options

Hi Safety

Ive entered the ballot too, and receive no emails for FLM, apart from confirming my application for a place.

Ooh strange

• Options

hopetofinish - At least I've found someone else with the same worrying information! Of course, if I were a devilish little soul, it could be suggested that it's us that should be happy, and everyone else should suddenly be nervous! Or probably not.

• Options

No

probably not - i ain't worrying about much !!  LMAO

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Hello all

I too entered the ballot but did not receive the latest email everyone is talking about, just the one confirming my entry way back in April

• Options

I keep getting their e-mails telling me what i already know! I think their main purpose is to get me to sign up for a charity as that is all i get when clicking on the ballot runner's link.

Did 14 miles today in the late afternoon which was probably not a good idea but the only way to fit it into family things image   Took lots of water but wasfretting about drinking too much as well.  i obviously didn't drink enough as I have been out for a curry with a bottle of wine and then had a half of lemonade and lime in the pub and still don't want the loo particularly  image  Pace only averaged 11.40 and was worse than that in places but I had been advised to do it at around 1.30 to 2 slower than mara pace as I haave a 10k in the morning so it was ok really. Not sure I could have upped the pace significantly though.

Will aim for 16 next weekend

• Options
    Mr BumpMr Bump ✭✭✭

Bridget - I know last year I got a load of e-mails telling me to be a "ballot place charity runner" or something like that.

I think you did good in the circumstances.  I know what you mean about juggling things to fit a run in.  Hope the 10K went well.

• Options

Hi Guys,

I got a place in FLM this year through the ballot but have deferred it til 2009 due to my baby arriving in Jan.  If all goes ok in Dublin I will be training to improve on my time at the FLM 09 ..............that's if I don't manage to get baby number 2 cooking by then image

LB and Bridget - well done on your long runs yesterday. Sounds like you both did really well.  LB, I look forward to the day when I get back from a 17 miler and feel fine (no comments please FTP)  I did 12 yesterday with 4 in the middle at marathon pace and felt good and my heel is completeIy fine.  I will be aiming for 18 next weekend which I don't relish the thought of by hey, got to be done.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.x

• Options
    10K did indeed go well.  Not a huge amount outside my PB and managed to make the last Km my quickest image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

Well done

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    Suzy - 12 miles is brilliant at any time, but 12 miles if you're expecting a baby in January is wow, wow, wow!
  • Options
    Tikka, I read it that way at first but I think Suzy had her baby this Jan just past so has deferred FLM till 2009!
  • Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    Ah, that makes sense now!
  • Options

Yes sorry for the confusion!!  image  My baby arrived this January, thus my motivation for getting in shape and training for Dublin.

Tikka - tks for saying 12 miles is brilliant - I think when you've been running for a a few months it is easy to forget how much you've improved..........4 months ago I thought 5 miles was amazing/impossible/knackering but now the furthest I have been is 16!!  I still think that going any further than that will kill me but I guess I just have to trust in the fact that the distances keep on increasing and I haven't died yet!!  image

• Options

Suzie

yes, your right, it is very easy to forget just how much you've improved - we can all find the bad bits, it isn't always that easy to see the good runs etc

• Options
    Mr BumpMr Bump ✭✭✭

Bridget - That's a great run

Mick & Phil - Thanks for your nice comments earlier.  Good to hear from you.  You are right what you say.  It is so easy to forget how far we've improved etc...

• Options
    i just wrote a lovely bloody post and lost the sodding thing  image