Options

What's next?

Sorry toe be flm-ist but I was wondering what all the marathoners were now planning to do next.

I've got 22 mile fell run in 4 weeks, and Swaledale marathon in June, neither of which will be time focused, better get my navigation skills sorted quick as the second one will be on my own.

Vaguely thinking of Blackpool Half as well.

What are you all doing?

Comments

• Options
    I'm planning some local trail races (give my joints time off for good behaviour), and maybe the Walton-on-the-Naze 1/2M, and a summer of 10ks

Mulling on an autumn marathon as well

• Options
    That sounds ambitious, Laura. Nothing like planning the future for preventing the post-FLM blues.

I might pop into your part of the world for the Keswick Half on 4th May, just for fun.
  • Options
    I'm v. jealous as we have so few races over here - my next race is in June and will be a marathon - the Myvatn Midnight Sun Marathon! So I'll have, ooh, lots of race experience behind me when I'm on the starting line

Then a couple of weeks after that, a 26 km mountain race.

And a couple of 10ks/half marathons in the summer, maybe the REykjavik marathon in August and that is it for the year! There's also our version of Race for Life sometime in June - an 8k.

BUT - I am visiting family in the UK in two weeks time and have a cunning plan that I will run the Coulsham St George 10k while I'm there ... involves borrowing a car and driving on the wrong side of the road for an hour or so to get there... should be fun. Anyone else running it?
  • Options
    The Keswick Half sounds good.
  • Options
    I'm taking a break from marathon training for at least a year. During the summer i will concentrate on the track 3km distance and 5k to 10k Road. I will contemplate marathon training again when i have reached my 10k target time.
  • Options
    See you there, Chimp? I'd be honoured to eat your dust.
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Got hereford duathlon on 27th may and battersea 10k on 30th.

can anyone recommend a good fast 10k or half marathon i can do in first two week so june or anytime july?

think next marathon will be kingston again later in the year. flat as a pancake!
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I've got a very full calender. There's so many races I've had to drop some as I can't fit them in.

Next race will be Easter Bunny 10k on Monday if my legs want to play!

May will see me doing a mid-week 5k followed by a 12k off road in the same week, another 10k and a fast twich triathlon.

Can't wait!!

I like the sound of your Fell run Laura. Wish it wasn't so far away.
  • Options
    Lots of off road running and no mention of anything over 20 miles! We have a good 4 mile race series here in Oxfordshire which begins at the start of May, so that will be my first race since London.....Can't wait to get going again, but my legs still don't feel 100%
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    hilly, wheres your fast twitch tri?
  • Options
    Doing Leeds 1/2 on 11 May and then St Alban's 1/2 in early June.

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    CB-fast twitch tri is in Dorchester, Dorset on 11th May. I've not trained for this one so am doing it for fun!

If you want a fast 10k in June there's the Poole Park 10k part of the festival of running, lovely setting, flat 2 laps of the lake.

You can find out more on this link including times of previous winners and what else is takes place on the day. It's a good day out for the whole family!
    http://www.poolerunners.freeuk.com/festival_2003.htm
  • Options
    B66ger!

Forgot about Leeds!

Might mean no Keswick.

Damn!
  • Options
    Over the next 5 months...

4 x South Yorkshire 5 mile road races in next 2 months.

5 x Spencers Dash 3.71 mile races

3 x track 5ks for club

Doncaster Town Centre 5k

Milton 6, Barnsley

Askern 10k and 10 miles

Sheffield Half and Humber Bridge Half

One leg of Barnsley Boundary Relay Run

Armthorpe 10k

Then Robin Hood Marathon in Sept

These are all pencilled in and will be done barring injury/illness. I've tried to cut some out but they're all important for different reasons.
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    hill, good luck with fast twich. i love spr-tr's too.

Only running races I can do would have to be within reach of central london by public transport, as I don't have a car unfort
  • Options
    Am I allowed on here as a 2nd cla...oops sorry, non-FLMer?

If so....
    upcoming....

7 Wirral Seaside 5Ks (April 30 thru to October)

Thurstaston Multi-terrain May 13. Laying a ghost here - last time I entered was 2001 when I fell & injured my knee while warming up; the injury (& trying to come back from it too soon) ruined my running for the rest of the summer

Birkenhead Park 5, June 4th

will consider any 5Ks, 5Ms or 10Ks thru the summer at convenient time & within convenient reach (i.e. Merseyside/Cheshire) - there are loads

Hoylake 10K, September (still only a "fun run" officially but it starts a few hundred metres from my doorstep)

Mersey Tunnel 10K Sep/Oct
    Chester Zoo 10K October

Longer term, considering Llandudno 10 (November) & Helsby half again (Jan)
  • Options
    Doing the London Tri-ahtlon in August and have just decided to do the Dublin marathon in late October so that I have at least completed one marathon this year. Will also do some 5k and 10k races to improve speed in between times.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Mid Argyll Half 4th May
    Inverness Race for Life 11th may
    Highland Cross (50m biathlon) 21st June
    Nairn Triathlon Mid August
    Mid Argyll 10k End Aug
    Great Scottish Run (1/2m) 7th September
    Loch Ness Marathon 28th September

There's also a series of 4-5mile forest runs nearby over the summer, so I'll probably have a go at one or more of them.
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Whats the Loch Ness Marathon like? hmmmm sounds fun!

ok, this year im sorted for:

hereford duathlon -27 april
    battersea 10k -30 april
    east grinstead/cssc tri -11 may
    thames turbo tri -26 may
    defra sports day (t&f) -19 june
    ongar try-a-tri -22 june
    odpm sports day (t&f) -18 july
    london triathlon -3 aug
    himuk sherborne - 31 aug
    ongar tri again -7 sept
    south shropshire tri -28 sept
    kingston marathon -12 oct
    ballbuster duathlon -1 nov

• Options
    You've made most of those up havent you Creatine-boy?

Go on, you can tell us.

We wont tell on you.

:-)))))
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    im down for the lot.
    i want to see if i can manage it on my current diet of tea cakes and orange juice!

• Options
    bit slack on race planning!
    am doing -
    Guiseley Gallop on sunday
    and then... who knows?
    have half a plan to do -
    Yorkshireman off road marathon in sept maybes :-/
  • Options
    Is nobody taking any time off??

Colly, what happened to you in London, didn't it go well?

What a surprise - Hilly and Barnsleyrunner racing virtually every week!

MikeS you're not 2nd class! But we do want you to do London next year.

Nessie, sounds like a nice buil-up to your marathon. Lizzy, tut tut that's 2 marathons in 2 months isn't it? Good lukc, the midnight one sounds amazing.

Re: Keswick half, it's a great course, unfortunately will be away but if that falls through I'll be there.

Someone asked about June halfs, I think Blackpool full and half marathon's in June, would be good flat course though prone to being windy.

Just remembered I'd entered the Kendal AC midweek series of 10K's starting 30/4.

• Options
    Hi Laura,
    great thread, beat the post-FLM blues by figuring out what masochistic pleasures are in store for the rest of the year ;-)

I'm afraid I have to race next week (a week today) as the Notts AAA Summer League starts then, so that's the beginning of a series of 4.5 - 6M races, one per month for the next 5 months.

Then I'd also like to do the Derby 10K on May 18th (Drew mentioned this one, looks good), Notts 10M June 6th and although this sounds utterly ridiculous I'm toying with the idea of the Amsterdam marathon in October. What fun?!??!

Party on dudes + dudettes
    ;-)
  • Options
    I'm doing

Notts 10k Easter Monday
    Great West Run a 1/2
    Edinburgh Marathon
    Humber Bridge 1/2
    Robin Hood 1/2
    Dublin Marathon
    Cheddar 1/2
    Keyworth 1/2

I've got a gap in July and August so I will see what comes along.
  • Options
    Very jealous of you all and possibility to enter so many races.

Have two fixed points in schedule post last Sunday's marathon (Rotterdam not FLM though) namely:

Great North Run on 21 September and Amsterdam marathon on 19 October.

Will also be looking to do a 10k to 10 mile in Normandy or Brittany during trip there in mid August (where's Nick J when you need him with recommendations of French races!) and possibly something of similar distance towards last weekend of May first weekend of June during short trip to Ireland.

Simon
  • Options
    Whaley Bridge 6 (30th April)
    Shining Tor 5 mile AS, (14th May)
    Buxton Half (7th June)
    Goyts Moss 6 mile BM, August sometime

I must try a flat race sometime.
  • Options
    Hi Laura, well done on your FLM. Seems as if you had a good time which is the important thing. I never quite recovered from the chest infection but decided to run anyway on Sunday morning to see how it would go. Heart rate went through the roof at 10 miles depsite slowing down so I did the sensible thing and stopped at half way in just under 2 hours and walked the 4 miles odd to the finish.

Now thinking to myself that I should have just walked the rest of the way as I still would have got sub 5 hours and a 4th London in a row. Really missed not finishing.
  • Options
    Hi all, was a London "reject" so did Paris and got a PB,
    next -running around the decks of QE2 (is my silver wedding pressie but keeping up the training,as you would)
    East Grinstead tri
    London to Brighton bike ride
    Rottendean windmill walks (run really, only walk to let the gingerbead men, tea cakes, buns, etc digest)
    Burges Hill tri
    Beachy head marathon (formerly 7 sisters)
    and lots of club summer runs -especially the ones where we start and finish at a pub!!
    Hope everyone enjoys their planned runs.