Options

Good Friday

I managed to pull a muscle on the left side of my back yesterday afternoon at work. It's been difficult to sleep so I'm up early.

What: Folkestone 10 later, I don't know how it will go now but the aim is to go out hard & hang on. It's fairly flat & with little wind I hope to run fast.
Still I'm meeting up with "Ask Dr Nicola" afterwards [plus others] so perhaps she can rub my back better!

bye!

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Tim

What: probably nothing. My HR is 20 beats higher than normal, my throat is swollen and I can feel an infection coming on.

Plenty of echinacea, Vit C and chicken soup!

Might take the kids out for a walk later.
  • Options
    Tim + Barnsley,
    get better soon and best of luck at the Folkestone 10 Tim, looking forward to the race report.

Nothing for me today, did an easy one yesterday evening to start easing back into it after FLM, felt fine but calves still a bit sore. I'll be taking it steady until next Wednesday which marks the beginning of the Notts AAA Summer League season.

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day.

;-)
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Morning all, lovely day again by the looks of it.

What: Nothing - maybe a gentle bike ride for fun (not training).

Why : Ran for 2 hours after work yesterday - not sure about distance but maybe 16 miles or so, some was off road so hard to judge - all went well for 1.45, next 10 were hard, last 5 I was staggering along in a daze ran into a tree and nearly blinded myself - managed to keep going for another couple of minutes almost blind to make the 2 hour target though! This is my longest run in terms of time ever so quite pleased with that. Feel weak this morning but fairly ache free. I may
    have been dehydrated as I tend just to carry a 300ml water bottle.

• Options
    Good stuff popsider - you starting to get that marathon feeling?
  • Options
    Like the piccie Popsider
    Im off to the gym

Yes, yes I KNOW its a nice day
    But its a new gym
  • Options
    Morning all. Too blooming hot! Roll on the winter. Or tomorrow, perhaps. ;-)

Thanks for the advice yesterday, Mike et al. With Easter, my schedule's messed up anyway, so....

What: Friday is long-ish run day. 10 miler, I think. Might increase if I fancy.
    Why: Visiting the folks tomorrow, and my cat allergy will stuff up any chance of a run there. And racing Monday (10K - might be my last 'short' one of the summer!).
    Hard: Club Tuesday.
    Rest: Wednesday. Actually dashed off 4K after nets yesterday. Good plan.

Going cold turkey forumwise for the next couple of days, so have brilliant weekends, everyone.
  • Options
    What? Triathlon-gardening, gym and barbecue.
    Why. Likely to be the best weather of the week-end today
    Last hard. Wednesday
    Last rest. Yesterday.
  • Options
    Morning everyone. Just and easy 17 miles on the bike this morning and then a long walk this evening of 8-10 miles.
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 5 Miles Easy
    Why: Because I feel Like It

Last Rest: Wednesday
    Last Hard: FLM
    Last Long: FLM
  • Options
    Nothing

Why: Still in post marathon mood and also feel a bit bunged up.

Last rest: Wednesday

Last hard: Sunday

Simon
  • Options
    Morning,

Enjoyed gorgeous pic of your baby popsider. And your thigh's not bad either Swerve.

Get better soon barnsleyrunner.

Another sunny day, starting to get blase about it.

What: 45 mins through deerpark first thing. Beautiful be decided against adding an extra 2 miles, legs still tired.
    Why: endurance training: have relatives staying until next Wed.
    Must go - 4 people making lunch downstairs.

have a great weekend all.
  • Options
    Laura. Is it my PC or is your piccy getting darker and darker?
  • Options
    Morning all, not posted on here in ages but i did the Salford 10 k this morning, my first ever race. Did it in about 41 minutes, I put a report on the Events thread. It was great fun, and i feel ok now. Probably didn't go off hard enough

Enjoy the weekend, it's hot here, hope it holds up (though i know it's not supposed to)
  • Options
    YES
    4 miles on tready
    Feel fine!
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hi all!

What: nothing, aka clear kitchen wash floor. Sulking.

Why: two nights ago tripped over my canine lodger in the dark, fell on top of her, and she understandably took it amiss, snapped and caught my cheek. Ignored it, so it went and got septic didn't it. So we're on antibiotics, face swelled up and miserable. I ran yesterday, even enjoyed it but that was before it swelled up. Today I think I'll just do nothing. Might work on the violin scroll in the garden if I feel like sitting up. If.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ouch Stickless, sounds like a really nasty accident - hope the antibiotics do their job quickly.

well done, Rob - dashed good time for a first 10K.

what a grand day - my first day off work after 18 continuous days, oh and I ran a marathon last weekend. guess that's why I'm feeling a bit tired.

managed 6M at a staggeringly slow pace (ditto yesterday) - right leg still feeling generally crummy, having picked up a calf strain at FLM along with all the residual problems. still it's great to be back running without a watch and in glorious weather.

definitely looking at doing Amsterdam marathon in the Autumn. anyone else fancy this one?

have a great w/e, everybody.
  • Options
    Good afternoon all!

What: 35 min nice and easy in a sunny forest this morning.
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Plans for tomorrow: tough hillwalk so I spared my legs today.

Long term goals: not get bitten by dogs, that sounds horrible!
  • Options
    All these pictures of mens legs=======
    ill have to go and lie down
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,
    what: Folkestone 10M race
    Have a Happy Easter everyone!
  • Options
    Hi ALL.

What a fantastic dayn in London, had to get out on the bike today.

What: 40km bike ride on road, extreamly hilly ( anyone that knows Biggin Hill and Westerham will know what I mean )

Why: Just fancied the need for speed!!!!

Last Hard: Today the hills were very challenging

Last Rest: Sunday

Don't scoff too many eggs people!!!
  • Options
    MartinH just wondered how your bike session went today?
  • Options
    Speedie - managed to get out on my mountain bike after work and did about an hour of which about 45 minutes is climbing, its very hilly where I live but exceptionally scenic. I'm predominantly using the mountain bike to build up the quads as I reckon that my main strength in bike races will be hills.

Today: AM: 20k bike on road aiming for speed PM: 45 minutes weights in the gym.
    Why: Lovely day and had to get out.
    Last rest: ummmmmmm
    Last hard: Todays bike, hitting 180 HR on the climb (c95% of max).

Got overtaken for the first time today - it was a little unexpected although I was doing 65kmh at the time.

Less than two weeks now to my first cycle race - should I taper?
  • Options
    Achilles,
    I'm very likely to be doing Amsterdam (providing injury free etc), can't get sub-2:50 out of my head ;-)

• Options
    Achilles,
    I'm still stunned that you did FLM in the middle of such an intense work schedule and that this is you first day off in 18 days, ENJOY
    ;-)
  • Options
    Hope your check gets better soon Stickless.

What: Folkestone 10
    My back [see above] did'nt really cause me any trouble until going up the steep hill at 9M. I'd taken nurofen when I woke & 1/2 hr before the race, probably not a good idea. But it feels ok now, just uncomfortable, hope I can get to sleep tonight!
    I can't really complain with my race & I know I worked hard but I was very supprised when I crossed the line in 61:02. My slowest 10 for a very long time! 28:48 at 1/2 way was ok but my legs & arms were heavy due to a couple of hard day's at work, I think! comeing back along the seafront it was very windy & with the hot sun on the way out, made this nearly flat course quite tough!
    A lot of runners suffered the same way, so I'm not too dissapointed & I finish about 10th.
    Met a few fourmites & had a drink with Garath L & Scotty. BBQ at a friends afterwards was nice but I must get into the garden tomorrow!

Tim
  • Options
    Good stuff Tim, 10th place is no mean achievement. Sometimes you have to forget about times when conditions are not ideal. Did you beat your local rivals?
  • Options
    Yeh!

We've got a good vet 55 in our club & he's a bit full of himself.

I listened to Echo & The Bunnymen this morning because I wanted to listen to the track

"Buried Alive"

And that's what I did!
  • Options
    He is good if he's running low 60s for a 10 miler!

The glow of a job well done!
  • Options
    Hi all

Great running weather, but it is taper time ... so went for a 9 mile walk this morning to enjoy the fantastic sunshine.

But still got in a gentle 35 min run this evening in, low slanting orange sunlight over the local heathland. Fab.

Going to have to stop reading the FLM threads as they make me nervous ! 1 week to Statford .... really hoping for cool conditions.