Options

walk the walk

I have been trying all morning to download a form, no can do!!! Its driving me mad!!
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options

On the point of abandoning the idea for today, apparently they are having problems with their website.

Hopefully it might be a bit easier tomorrow. 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    its crazy.  I have a place through online and that was hard enough!  My mate wants in now.
  • Options
    I had the lovely on-line experience of getting to the 'submit' before being told it was full.  Given that its proving this hard to apply I'm beginning to lose heart.  Will try once more before I go home.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mrs g, it is such a pain.  You think they would have this sorted really becaus ethey know how many people try!  I tried last year and had no luck online, then did a form and nothing.
  • Options
    I managed to get a place for 2006 online without any problems, same as you last year.  A friend is really keen to do this otherwise I think I would have given up by now.  I wonder if it will go to ballot in the future as it seems to be getting more popular.
  • Options

is this the Moonwalk? last year(or the year before?) it filled up and crashed in the first couple of hours of opening the online entries

bliddy pain in the bum ...imagine if the FLM was that popular! image

• Options

and they probably havent cottoned on to the idea of selling some Gold places to charities yet ....

spose you could look on ebay ?

• Options
    try edinburgh, i got in easily for 2007, and that was a long time after the opening date.
  • Options

its a long way too ...although i suppose it would be anicer place to stay ..is it a good scenic route?

Im waiting for them to spread to Manchester now

• Options

i'm halfway between london and edin (exactly!) and friends had already done edin, got talked into it on boxing day before i realised it was 26.2!

route goes from the meadows over the hill to the parliament (surreal swans on lake in middle of night looking a bit spooky) then back up the royal mile past the castle and alond princes and queens streets in time for clubs closing! long trek out to coast via silverknowles, hitting coast at 13miles. then loooong way along coast with sunrise (its in June so prob less darkness than london, but less streetlights i guess) and back past parliament again. bit lonely in the middle (apart from the other 11999 walkers)

dont need accom as you will be walking all night of course! (my friends reasons for not doing half-moon, it would be not worth getting accom for just a few hours). we just got train up, got fed pasta by some friends who lived there, and walked back to train station after to come home. even taking into account a two hour train journey each way i was out the house for less than 24 hours!!!

hope you all get places, didnt realise it was so difficult.

• Options

that sounds a good route ..i could almost be tempted!

having taken the coach down to London on the day of Moonwalk then been up all night and travelled back up the next day -so nearly 48 hours without sleep i wouldnt want to do it again - would go up on friday and stay somewhere and then get some rest on the day before - walking a marathon is too knackering for me without sleep these days im afraid !

• Options

I've managed to print off a form for London at last!!!!!!!

We've been discussing Edinburgh - perhaps combine the walk with a girls long weekend/week away.

• Options
    Forms completed and in the post.  From being two of us our group is now 3.  Fingers crossed for London.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good luck mrs g, me and 1 mate got in online, another one is in the post.  Edinburgh sounds so good, maybe 2010.....