Options

Wednesday 23rd April

Morning

Taking the family to Sundown Adventure amusement park today. Should be good.

Then this evening a 5 mile race.

disappointed with: over 29 mins
ok with: 28.43 to 29 mins
pleased with 28.30 to 28.43
very pleased with 28.00 to 28.30
a stewards enquiry if: under 28.00

First post FLM race. 28.43 was last year's result on the same course. Not quite yet over this throat infection so not expecting too much.

Comments

• Options
    Lovely day here in prospect.

What: Very little. Still got sore throat and raised pulse, which is a pain as I was going to do my 17 mile run today. And won't be able to do the long run tomorrow as I'm travelling all day back to Blighty for a long weekend. B****er
    LAst rest: Yesterday (20 lengths of the pool)
    Last hard: Saturday
  • Options
    Nice and sunny in lovely Hanworth.

What: 4km run/walk/hop
    Why: Knee suddenly went out half way, but decided to do it anyway
    Last Run : Monday
    Next Run : Friday
  • Options
    Good morning everyone

What 3x1600 "speed" work hah!
    Why That's what the schedule says
    Last rest: Monday
    Tomorrow 45 mins tempo run through forest
    Last hard today!!

Have a good day
  • Options
    Morning

Another easy run as still tired after long run

What:6m easy
    Why:See above
    Last Hard:Mon

Have Fun
  • Options
    6 miles for me
    But i cant imagine ever thinking of that as easy!
  • Options
    Surprise surpise I probably won't run today (just for a change). Last night was really hard - spent an hour in the gym (15 minutes concept 2 {3,700 metres} plus 15 minutes elliptical plus 30 minutes weights) but then had to go BACK to work.....nice. Since I have had my break from running I've actually lost weight.....probably the worry....am now tipping the scales at 71.5kg (BMI under 22) and in serious danger of losing my trousers!

Today: Hopefully 40-45 minutes turbo trainer.
    Why: Cycle race next week so need to keep spinning.
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Not sure.

Starting to get a bit worried about the cycle race now have read some horror stories from first time racers on another forum. More worried about being left trailing than falling off!
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,

what: it shoud be 8x800 track work but my legs are still tired after the race. Will do something light but have no idea what.

Big Tim, I just read yesterday's posts so I did not know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday!!
  • Options
    Triple session of exercise today.

6am - 6 Mile Hard tempo run over a nice route next to the Beach. Finished in 47 minutes which isn't too bad.

Lunchtime - Swim for 30 minutes.

5pm - 4 Mile very easy run with a girl from work who wants someone to run with to help her lose weight. She's as slow as a slow thing and despite encouragement I can't get her to push on any faster she isn't even that out of breath so isn't trying hard enough.

Cracking weather up here in Aberdeen.
    Get out there and get running.

PPB.

• Options
    Happy birthday, Big Tim! Nice day here in Brum, but I am so envious of PB with his hills and birds and cats. I suppose it'll be back to the magpies and feral pigeons and grey squirrels and rats for me soon, once I get my return to running organised properly. I've been doing far too much cross-training since FLM.

Today: Don't know yet, but I've brought my running stuff to work.
    Why: Not sure about time, and not sure how well my slightly sore legs will settle down in the next few hours or what effect yesterday's blood donation will have had.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
    Last hard day: Monday.
  • Options
    Morning all

happy BD for yesterday Big Tim

What: Rest
    why : Knackered, needed Zimmer frame at club session last night, several muscles in unmentionable places need complete rest. doubt 1 day will be enough to allow an 11 milertomorrow eve :-(
    last hard day : Mon race
    last rest : sun

• Options
    Happy day-after-birthday Big Tim

TGLB - take care! No running through crocked knees! Hop off to the H&I forum now (if you're not there already)!

What: Cricket! 20 over thrash.
    Why: Pre-season friendly.
    Hard: Race Monday.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Got to squeeze in 7 or so tomorrow somehow. But how??? :-(

Have fun.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Belated birthday wishes for yesterday BT!

Hope you have a good race BR and the throat is ok!

My head cold and throat seem to have cleared up now, thank goodness.

Having a rest today as yesterday was quite a day. I went for a 10 mile walk across the coastal paths in the morning in beautiful sunshine. Took some lovely pictures of swans and gorse bushes....

In the evening went to running club and boy what a course they had planned! 12 miles across the cliffs of Lulworth, extremely hilly, but with some spectacular views. I wish I had my camera as we were in a cove when the sun was setting and it was fantastic.

Anyhow, today is rest in one sense, but work in another as I've got to write a 2000 word TMA.

Have a lovely day all and enjoy those runs in the sunshine!!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: 4 miles - I think I'll take the car up to the woods, inspired by PB's birdie stories
    Why: It's on my pre-Hal Higdon schedule (that used up lunchtime yesterday to make up)

Last night's 3 miler went better than expected. I had felt a bit stiff all day, and really lethargic on the way home, but went out anyway. Every time I felt tlike slowing or stopping, there was someone coming the other way (sometimes dog walkers have their uses) so I kept going. By the time I was nearly home, I was feeling pretty strong.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    PB-I just love listening to the birds on my jaunts across the Fleet, as long as they're not sea gulls! Yesterday on my walk, I was being serenaded by a sky lark, simply wonderful!
  • Options
    Morning all, lovely day here too. Planning on doing some gardening this morning, work this afternoon.
  • Options
    Morning all!

Happy birthday for yesterday Tim!

Sounds as if your X training is going well MartinH.

For me today was the mother of all sessions, this was only planned since yesterday, after buying a mag, thought id give it ago.

What:1km warm up as normal, then:

·5KM CYCLE IN 7:30 – 8 MINS
    ·FAST TRANSISTION THEN IMMEDIATELY INTO THE RUN
    ·1000M RUN IN 3:45MINS (@ 37:30 10KM PACE
    ·REST BETWEEN 3-5 MINS

·1000M RUN IN 3:35MINS (@ 36:30 10KM PACE
    ·REST BETWEEN 3-5 MINS

·1000M RUN IN 3:25MINS (@ 35:30 10KM PACE
    ·REST BETWEEN 3-5 MINS

·1000M RUN IN 3:15MINS (@ 34:30 10KM PACE
    ·REST BETWEEN 3-5 MINS

·1000M RUN IN 3:00/3:05MINS (@33/ 33:30 10KM PACE
    ·REST BETWEEN 3-5 MINS
    Then 1 last 5km on bike to loosen legs and 30 very easy lengths in the pool.

HR was extreamly high, on the last set I hit 188bpm for the run, extreamly pleased with this session.

Why: Serious speedwork, triathlon training from bike to run.

Last Hard: Have a guess

Last Rest: Sunday 13th

Next Rest: Deffo tomorrow

Catch ya all later!!
  • Options
    Morning All

What: Rest
    Why: Going out with some mates tonight

Last Hard: Last nights Speed Session
    Last rest: Sunday
    Last Long: FLM

The marathon seems to have done wonders for my speed, had not problems with my speed session last night, first time a speed session hs felt good.
  • Options
    Hi, this is my first post to the training diary. My theory is that if I post, then I have to do it - right?

What: Triple day. 20 Mile cycle (done) 750m swim (lunchtime) 30 min run (pm)
    Why: London Triathlon Aug 3rd - oh and I didn't do my run last night, so I have to fit it in today.

Last Hard: Yesterday swimming.
    Last Rest: Sunday - and a few days before that also.
    Last Long: Monday 20 Mile cycle and 25 min run with 2 hour break between.

Dont you just hate those weeks when you only just have time to fit in all the workouts! It's my own fault 'cos I'm going away at the weekend and can't do any training there.
  • Options
    Welcome Miss Piggy

See you on August 3rd!

Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Wow, I find you lot so inspiring and motivating. When I read about your sessions I just want to leave work and run for miles. Not good weather here in Poland today (a bit rainy) so might have to do my training on the treadmill tonight....
  • Options
    BTW, Happy Birthday Big Tim!!!
  • Options
    Welcome Miss Piggy and Kasia - are you our first Poland correspondent?

I needn't have bothered going out running this am as I feel knackered just reading about Speedie's session. Well done, sounds bonkers.

Nessie, know what you mean about trying to look energetic when meeting people!

Martin, best of luck with your cycle race, you sound in very good shape, just make a new notch in your belt to stop those trousers falling down.

Hilly, did you really cover 22 miles yesterday?? Amazing.

What: about 6 miles taking in very steep hill at the back of my house.
    Why: still running without a watch/hrm but need to get some hillrunning in before long fell run in 2.5 weeks. Not doing any hard sessions until relay race at the weekend.

My legs finally appear willing to come out to play having been in a bit of a sulk since the flm. Gorgeous run, lots of wildlife, sunshine and generally feeling good. Plus sending visitors on their way after 9 day stay, hurrah! (love them dearly but 9 days is a long time...)

Best of luck MM and anyone else racing today.
  • Options
    Holy Sh1t speedie that was some session! What is you max HR?

I was tempted to run on the treadmill last night as I now have my orthotics - but I've decided to wait until my knee pain clears completely this time.

It certainly looks like a session I might enjoy - in a masochistic sort of way!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Welcome Miss Piggy and Kasia!

Speedie-some session!!

Laura-glad your legs are back to wanting to play!

As for yesterday, yes I covered 22 miles but the 10 in the morning was walking and it was beautiful! Didn't plan on going so far with the club and to tell the truth I think our leader took us just a bit too far. He told us we were going to do about 8k!! A few unhappy runners at the end of last nights run!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hello Laura and hilly. Yes, I think I might be the first (and only?) Polish correspondent here. A much less of an advanced runner, too, never raced. Getting ready for the Warsaw half-marathon in September. Really found lots of motivation on this forum!
  • Options
    Despite being poorly, I couldn't let the lovely weather pass me by, so set the HRM at sub 55% WHR and pottered around for an hour or so.

Lots of oystercatchers, think I heard my first lapwing of the year as well. Haven't seen the whimbrels or snipes yet but guess they will be on their way from Morocco soon. Beautiful day, with sea mist in the distance, a bright blue fjord, and snow on the mountains. We had our first rain for two weeks last night and suddenly everything has turned green.

Not sure if the run was a good idea health-wise, but enjoyed it all the same!