Options

New Forest 10

13»

Comments

• Options

I have a number and chip at home, but cannot make the race due to bad planning.

How would it work in terms of me getting it to anyone and them squaring it with the organisers?

Cheers

Matt

• Options

Hi Meon Runner

I would be keen to take your number and chip off your hands. My email address is /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]arrenmcneely@hotmail.com]Darrenmcneely@hotmail.com. Drop me am email and I will send you my address details. Let me know how much it cost you and I will add another pound or 2 to cover the postage. I will sort out the name transfer and details with the race organisers. Cheers

• Options

After spending Saturday doing shuttle runs between the bedroom and the bathroom due to a stomach bug, I was dubious about running today but glad I did. Good organisation and some great support from the marshalls and spectators, especially in the home straight,  spurred me on to a PB !!!

Okay, so as it was my first 10 miler it was always going to technically be a PB, but I was delighted with 1.13.54 especially  as I didn't think i was going to be able to get going again after the last drink station.

A huge thank you to everyone involved in the organisation. Well done to JAND for getting the results up so quick, but I see the photos aren't going up till the 20th !!! See you next year - have already ordered an overcast day !! 

• Options
    Well done Stuart, that was a good time. I was also ill beforehand, and suffered in the heat, but glad to have done it despite missing my time from last year by about 8 minutes.
  • Options

Strange, how it felt so hot but my car was insistent it was only 18 degrees.

Only myself to blame for a poor showing (10 minutes or so slower than last year) as I have missed so much training lately - only 6.5 miles in the last two weeks.  Still, it felt good just to have finished.

Agree with Stuart - excellent organisation and very encouraging marshalls.  Looking forward to next year already.

• Options

Good race yesterday i was about two mins quicker than last year.  But still 15 down on my pb for this course.  It felt so humid it the wooded sections. 

Does anyone hav ea link to the race photographer's website?

• Options
    tiny tiatiny tia ✭✭✭
  • Options
    you're a star, I was begining to think some nutter was photographing me on the way round and there was no race photographer.
  • Options
    Anyone else think that the previous days rain probably made the 'trail' sections a bit tougher to run on? Certainly felt that way for me, although i didnt feel particularly hot during the race. A brilliantly well organised race though, and great to see all the activities available for kids etc whilst the main race was on.
  • Options

Yeah, some of the paths certainly were 'tacky' !! It didn't half rain the day before - we only live a couple of miles away and it ruined our village fete.

Cheers Diana. I sure found it humid - only downside with this time of year, with the sun high overhead, there's not much protection from the trees.

• Options
    Glad everyone enjoyed the event this year. I, and most of the race marshall's, ran the course on the Saturday evening in the rain (as New Forest Runners members can't enter the actual event). First time I've run the course and thought it was great. It was brilliant to see so many runners on the day, I look forward to seeing you all next year.
  • Options

We went driving up rhinefield drive on the sat evening and passed all the new forest runners doing teh course.

Can anyone else get through to the race photography? its still not available to me

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I can't get onto it, says available from 20th July so maybe there's a small delay?

Thanks to all the organisers and marshalls, I really enjoyed it image

• Options
    Photo's still not availableimage
  • Options
    Still nothingimage  I didn't see any photographers during the run, so perhaps no pics. were taken?
  • Options
    I think I did see a photographer a couple of times on the way round -although I wasn't sure if it was an official person. Also there was someone taking photos on the finish line when I came in.
  • Options

Third time, great event and superbly organised. Many thanks to Mike and the team.

Shame about the photos. Perhaps the race organisers will think differently who they choose to do the photos next year. I understand that there can be delays sometimes, however to keep the note: '(Available from 20th July onwards)'  is very poor and should be updated to stop people wasting their time and would take no more than a minute to change.

• Options

Got buzzed a couple of times by a guy on a mountain bike wearing a "PRESS" vest so presume he was one of the official photographers.

Would have thought they'd have been up by now. Seem to remember last year's NF half marathon photos were up within 3 or 4 days with a much larger entry. Hope they're worth waiting for but not holding my breath as I normally look as I'm about to collapse !!!

• Options
    Still no pics! A poor show if you ask me. If there were problems, then surely some note could have been inserted saying when they would be available. The outcome is likely to be that few will bother checking any more, and consequently sales will suffer.
  • Options

Photos are up at last !!

As expected, I look ready to keel over. 186 if you fancy a laugh !!

• Options
    nice pic!!!  Runner numbers 1-101 are not up yet!  A mesage says the other pics will be up by 29th July. I wont hold my breath. Poor effort Mr Blackburn.
  • Options
    A very poor effort by the photo service, I'm afraid. I don't think I will bother to look again!
  • Options
    The photo's are "all up" now , but I wish I hadn't bothered, as my pic. isn't thereimage