Options

Accuroute

I may be being thick here but i got the accuroute cd with RW magazine and can't work out what to do!!
Can anyone help???

Comments

• Options
    Witchypooh. you have to scan or get an image onto your computer of the route that you want to measure.

Then open up the image within the accuroute application , and then use the cursor to trace your route. It will then give a measurement of how far the route is.
  • Options
    You need to load into your computer, scan a map and save it in accuroute, the path for that is probably- C:program filesaccuroutemaps.
    once you've done that open accurote and your saved map file will appear, double click on it and follow the calibration instructions and you'll be ready.
    It can be very accurate just don't sneeze 1/2 way through a long route it gets very annoying.
    BLD
  • Options
    thanks for the help but i'm still having problems
    the problem is the when i try to load a bmp image it comes up with a dialogue box saying "Runtime error '481'
    Invaid picture"
    it comes up with this everytime i try to load the map i'm trying to use so i cant load any map i want to measure.
    teenage child helped me with this message as mother not very good with computer lol!!!
  • Options
    Try a jpeg. They're much smaller than bitmaps, and this may solve the problem.

A simple way to convert from bitmap to jpeg is to open the image in paint, then click "save as" and in the file name manually change the extension to .jpg, for example, if your map is called map.bmp, click "save as" (in the "file" drop down menu) and type in map.jpg

This works on my OS (NT4) and using the standard MS Paint, i'm not sure about other setups / software though, so this may not work, but its worth a try.
  • Options
    Just tried doing what I suggested above....

..........and it didn't work, even though I thought it would. Could well be because of the terrible set up we've got here at work or maybe you need to do something else to convert the format of pictures that escapes me.

Guess that will teach me to try and pretend I know about computers at five to three in the morning!
  • Options
    Try saving the map directly to "Paint".And put a copy into "my documents". open accuroute and look into my documents the map. If it works you can then try moving it to the maps folder.
    The other problem with runtime 481 might be that your image is too big and you are using up all your memory,how powerful is your computer? if it old then reduce your resolution when scanning or convert it to black and white.
    Final resort is a piece of paper and and sharp pencil,just as accurate but not as much fun.This is before the computer leaves by the window.
    More problems may be more ideas later.
    P.S. I'm not a computer nerd just determined!!!