Options

Running shoes or a heart rate monitor?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Scampermouse - you lucky lucky lucky mouse.

I've just been up to Ottakars, met him, and got the book signed. From a very brief conversation, he seems really nice - just as I had imagined him to be.

Some days are just good.

briano - lol! :-)
  • Options
    I haven't met him but he does seem genuinely nice and is revered here. I know I'm an extremely fortunate mouse - now better get back to the difficult and arduous task of reading books, and avoiding what I might purchase (1000 mile socks anyone) when I accompany a friend to Runners Need in Camden on Saturday....
  • Options
    Crickey! I go away for a few hours and come back to find so much advice. Thank you everyone - it's sincerely appreciated. I've been quite taken aback by the sense of community on the forums at this site. I don't think I've come across anything like it before.

I'm DEFINITELY going for the shoes by the way.

Briano - I WANT, WANT , WANT an SDM watch! I think I'll make it a reward for myself if/when I'm still running in 12 months. Thanks for all the rest of your advice. :o)

Nessie - You lucky so & so. Oook Eeeek! My wife's favourites are Nanny Ogg and the Librarian.

Mouse - I want your job (please)! :o)

Linca - I think I've broken the forum; the first post has definitley disappeared. I think I should be more careful about where I leave things 'cos they seem to go missing. I wonder what I did wrong!

Froggy Jo - I know what you mean by "unexpected explosions" but I think it could be argued (especially by my Wife) that this is probably a natural state for men in general as well as dragons.

To everyone who gave advice about socks - Thank you! Once I get to the "blister" stage (a long time from now, methinks!) I'll take your advice on board and try out the different brands available.
  • Options
    Heart rate monitor all the way - I love my Bios Fitness baby.

Sunscreen is good too :)
  • Options
    Hi, Just a quick note to say I have bought the Polar RS200SD heart rate monitor, if anyone is interested in them, here is a link to the site I bought it off. They offer free next day delivery and the cheapest price I could find on the web! polar.fitnessmegastore.co.uk
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    And in what capacity do you work for the polar fitness megastore "Luke"?