Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options

Toffee- I appreciate what you are trying to say but, if you are honest with yourself and read back, I never started the accusations. I know disabled people who were on the prom that day and I was offended, whether it was off the cuff or not, by the comments made.

• I didnt start calling people idiots
    • I didnt start asking for aplogies
    • I didnt tell people to 'back down'
    • I didnt insult someone's intelligence
    • I didnt insult people on a low wage  

All my responses were in answer to what were, direct comments to me. So drop the forum clique attitude and see where this all started.

• Options

Out of respect for Alan and the fellow forumites on here I shall not bother to feed the troll.

• Options
    Well ladies and gents, I kind of hoped that the thread might have reverted back to the helpful, light-hearted, friendly toned thread that I originally found when I came across it. I'm not one who enjoys confrontation and I'm finding it a little uncomfortable to read others disagreements. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts at trying to make light of some of the posts, I have decided to hop of and leave. Before I go, thank you to ALL of you for your help with my sometimes daft questions.

Will catch you all on other threads for future fun races I'm sure!

Happy running all!
  • Options
    Mynx its a shame you feel like that, Hopefully we'll speak again, as no doubt there will be more local running threads.
  • Options

Morning guys.

My goodness what a difference a week makes eh? Last week we were baking in warm sunshine! image This week I can't make up my mind whether to go for a run or get out a canoe!image

Welcome to Britain, I suppose.....still, the garden's thankful!image

• Options
    hi liverbird, did you find any pics of myself(857)? true about the weather, my little boy loves playing in the garden and he's nearly crying behind the door shouting something that sounds like garden(poor thing). Hopefully it'll turn out nice again by the end of the week, are you doing the big heart 5k?
  • Options

You sound like George Formby, Boothy! "turned out nice again!" image

I shall have a look through the snaps for you!

I'm away for big heart 5K unfortunately, but I've signed the cheque for next year's half! image

• Options
    george formby- the legendimage. Thanx liverbird. Like ive stated before,i only started running this year and was thrown in at the deep end with the liverpool half. I really enjoyed it and a group of us are supposed to be doing it again next yr, however i'm being told the wilmslow half on the same day is even better, why can't they put them on 2 seperate days!image
  • Options

Dear all - I'm concerned at the tone and content of of some of the posts over the last couple of pages.

It seems the debate has gone off message somewhat!! Overall I think the Tunnel 10K went really well and I look forward to doing it again next year.

Please forgive me if I don't make any further contributions.

(Boothy - the Wilmslow Half is indeed a good race although the environment is completely different. Our race date is governed by the availability of the Liverpool Arena).

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative

• Options
    thanks for that alan, with all the runners im running with coming from liverpool i presume i'll end up back down there again for next years half, hopefully if i come out of the ballot it will be my final warm up for the london marathonimage
  • Options
    Boothy 4. The Wilmslow 1/2 is run predominately on country roads and is therefore completely different to a city centre race. Having said that it is very well organised and has pb potential (if you can get  a reasonable start position). It's one to do in the future along with Helsby and Chester, all have similar course profiles (or at least my times on each course are similar).
  • Options

Boothy -Wilmslow is good, but Liverpool is great.image

I prefer it when they fall on different weekends too, as I'd like to do them both.

I might even give Congleton and Macc a go next year! image I know JPenno is doing both and Warrington on consecutive weekends this year and it sounds quite a nice challenge.

• Options

Thanks for the support so far - great start but still a way to go. I am in the ballot too for the VLM but I am not holding my breath as this is the first time I have tried. I agree this thread has been a great one but recently some offensive comments to just about the whole of the UK population ( including conservatives ! ) I am signing off this one now but would like to thank everyone and wish you all the very best for the future - visit my justgiving site for updates ! & donations ! Hope to see you o other threads soon. Bye !image

• Options
    Shrek 2, good luck with the ballot i'm in it too
  • Options

Shrek - I hope to see you on other threads. Enable your email and I'll look at your site.

• Options

Morning campers!

I've got a date with Llangollen Golf club at 12:00 so heres to a sunny day!

Me next race aint til the GNR in Septemebr coz i dont like running in the sun !

Did not those weather chaps promise a lovely summer - whats happening!

Due to me getting sunburnt on saturday's morning run and trench foot on sunday - think me will enter some 10K 's and maybe a half  - can anyone recommend any local ones?

Cheers me deers 

• Options

Me too David. Next one GNR for the same reason....image

• Options
    I missed out on the entries for the GNR, might be one for next year though I think.
  • Options
    It's done by ballot Jay. Either you're lucky or you're not! image
  • Options
    I'll give it a try next year then, entries open in January dont they?
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you' rereally unlucky you get inimage
  • Options
    You can join the Great North club (£30 for 3 years subscription) and get advance entry to all the Great runs before the ballot. You still have to pay full whack for each race but you will be guaranteed entry.
  • Options

So it will only cost you a minimum of £165 for three races, assuming that the price didn't rise! image

Which it will......image

Puffy - Like a lot of things in life, I'm only trying it once.....image

• Options
    Urrg what happened to the weather- did the Aldridge 10km yesterday and got soaked through to the skin and i even went out with my running rain jacket on. What a difference on last week
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I did the spenborough greenway 10k and it rained but not bad  and a out and back flat course
  • Options

I Done the mersey tunnel 10k it was my first race, finished in 49:28

Its got me addicted now! i have signed up for the city of manchester 10k 4th July and london 10k 11th july

• Options
    LB - I ran past Raffa's house last night and there were two LFC scarfs hanging on his gates. Do you think they were left by Messrs Gillete / Hicks? No for sale sign up yet.
  • Options
    Alan - I think LB is sunning herself somewhere at the minute, its very quietimage. I wonder if she is in Milan.
  • Options
    Could well be! The house looked deserted although it's that big you probably wouldn't know if anyone was in!
  • Options
    JPenno wrote (see)
    Alan - I think LB is sunning herself somewhere at the minute, its very quietimage. I wonder if she is in Milan.
    I was not in Milan - I was in the bay of Biscay on this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/guernsey/content/images/2008/04/08/cruise_ship_ventura_by_tony_rive_1_470x352.jpg

imageimageimage

David Fairclough was on board (much to Mr LB's delight) and he spoke to him about Rafa. Fairclough fancies the job himself! He probably couldn't do any worse......image

Anyway - what's all this talk of you actually RUNNING Alan? I thought you were getting too long in the tooth for all that nonsense?imageimage

*runs away*