Options

Car Accident Victim

13»

Comments

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that. Our thoughts will be with the family.
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear the news.
  • Options
    Sending thoughts from here too.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the news, Anne.  Sending kind thoughts to the family.
  • Options

Sorry to hear that news Anne.

Thoughts are with you, Dan and the children

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    such sad news,my thoughts are with her family and friends.
  • Options

Sad news Anne . 

Now may Ann's family draw strength from their faith , all are remembered in prayer .

• Options

Anne, thanks for posting. 

I am very sad to see the change of news for Ann.

I have been thinking of her even though there wasn't much news. I didn't expect such a change from the earlier joy of squeezing hands on Valentine's day.

Please let Dan know that all of them will be in my prayers.

• Options

Anne, that's such very sad news. 

Thoughts are with you all.

• Options

That is very sad news indeed. There seemed like there was hope, so sorry for the family.

Much love to everyone XXX

• Options
    Anne, how very sad to see this. Ann, Dan and the children will all be in our prayers here.
  • Options

Dreadful news. My heart goes out to Dan and the children.

Sometimes it is dificult to understand  the ways of the lord. He must surely have a better plan.

Keeping them and you Anne in my prayers at this difficult time. God Bless.

E.H.

• Options
    Anne, please let Dan know that we are continuing to hold them all in our prayers.
  • Options

Dear all

Many thanks to all of those who've followed this thread with care & concern.  It has been much appreciated.  I received the following message this morning from Dan: 

Ann has died.

Thank you to all of you who have received these messages and have been praying for Ann, me, and our family. All of us who are close to Ann need one another's continued prayers and support as we face the reality of life without her in the years ahead.

The permanent repercussions of the Jan. 16 accident in so many lives and families represent an unfathomable tragedy and many unanswerable questions. It is what it is, and we grieve deeply. For Ann's part, our grief comes with the assurance that through her death, Ann has been welcomed into the fullness of Christ's presence, and that she will be spared further suffering in this life. Because she belongs to him, her joy and her peace are now complete, far beyond anything she has experienced in her 35 years with us. In confidence we await the day when death and crying and pain will be no more, and our children will run once again into her outstretched arms.

From time to time I have included specific prayer requests in these updates. As Ann's condition deteriorated, we held the Ministration at the Time of Death service from the Book of Common Prayer at her bedside. Near the moment of her death, I prayed for Ann using the words of the Commendatory Prayer from this liturgy, which is copied below. I invite this community to join me in this or a similar prayer for Ann, knowing that by the grace of God in Christ it is already being fulfilled:

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant Ann. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

I have to say that his faith is amazing, & I am truly humbled by how he is dealing with this terrible situation.

Please continue to keep him & the kids in your thoughts/prayers.  Those of us who have have been bereaved know that it is a long & rocky path they're on, and those of you have are fortunate enough not yet to have lost anyone you love, you can imagine what it might feel like.

Anne

• Options
    ...........into the glorious company of the saints in light . Amen .
  • Options
    Wish them all the best.  I suppose it's comforting that they have their faith to help them through this difficult time
  • Options

Phew,

I struggle to imagine what it might feel like. I don't suppose I'm going to have much of any idea really.

What I do imagine isn't vey nice thoughimage.

I was thinking of Ann at lunch time. I will continue to pray for her, Dan & their children.

Thank you for keeping us informed Anne.

• Options
    Very sad news.
    Tragic circumstances and a difficult time ahead for everyone.

Be comforted by one another ...
  • Options
    Anne, so sorry to hear the news.  Thank you for letting us know.  Will remember Dan and his family and friends in my prayers at this difficult time.
  • Options
    Thank you for letting us know, Anne. We have been thinking very much of this family, and will continue to keep them in our prayers. This will indeed be a very long, hard road for them but their faith will be a light and a comfort.
  • Options
    thinking of you all