Options

Belfast Marathon

CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
Is anybody else here going to Belfast for the 5th May marathon (less than two weeks to go ??)

"Apparently" they are going to have energy drinks this year (shock !!!).

But what about the relay runners ! How do we know they will not steal all the drinks again this year ???

Comments

• Options
    Hi Cartman ...... me and my colleague Dave are going for the full Marathon ......Id hope they had enough for everybody. You done this before? Id like to know where all the best nite life happens on the Sat .... Sunday is pasta night
  • Options
    Been told by the secretary in work the Crown is a good place to go to ...... anybody for drinks Saturday evening?
  • Options
    CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    I am from Belfast originally and the Crown is a good place to go (it will be packed later in the evening though). But I am up for meeting up for a round of Soda and Limes !!! How about meeting 7:00pm on Sat ?
  • Options
    CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    Oh, I did run it last year and have a few horror/logistical stories to tell !!
  • Options
    Ok Cartman .....Dave and I will be at Soda & Limes at 7.00pm on the Saturday ...... I'll have a black teeshirt, black troos and black shoes. I'll be drinking black beer and I'll have on TWO wrist watches. Any other forumites going to Belfast want to join us?
  • Options
    CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    EEyin, I think you got the wrong end of the stick, I meant we should meet at the Crown, and have a soda-and-lime drink (well I might have one beer as marathon training has left me a bit of light weight)
  • Options
    oops .... my mistake Ok the Crown it is 7.00pm ..... All in black two watches and drinking Guinness. Im no light weight 12 stone and rising. Yes rising. All these marathons and training and cycling and I still put on weight. No wonder people in work hadnt heard of the Soda & Limes Pub.
  • Options
    CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    EEyin, just realised something. All this running has caused a lack of oxygen to my brain. I don't land in belfast until 19:20 !! so I won't be at the pub until 21:00...
  • Options
    phone dave uk number 07984918653
  • Options
    if the crown is good we will still be in there
  • Options
    It me EEyin from the Hilton in Belfast, got a hangover and its chucking it down outside... just been for a solarium ...orderwed a coffee and will do 4 miles on the tread mill later. Do i really have to run 26 miles tomorrow... Oh Gawd... nightmare......wow Belfast what a jumping city. Room 607................Going out to Benidicts tonight Soda and Limes or Diet cokes only. Havent done the run yet but dicided Im coming bak next year
  • Options
    CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell EEyin !!!! Not really doing your marathon prep "by the book". I was in the Crown at 8:15 last night and approached several blokes dressed in black (couldn't always see their watches) so decided that I better leave after one drink cos I was getting weird looks...

Anyway good luck in the race tommorrow, I see you are number 23 (must be elite), if I see you I will say hello (I am number 874)

Good luck to you and Dave !!!!!!!!