Options

Saturday 26th April

What: Short stage (leg 12) of the National 12 Stage Road relay, running for AFD. I'm hoping to run close to 15:30 but will be happy as long as its under 16 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    Morning, wet and wild out here today.

what: 6 mile steady run
    why: warm up for tomorrows longer one

last hard: Wednesday
    last rest: yesterday

Have a good one y'all
  • Options
    Morning, very sunny here this am

What: Long leg of the National 12 Stage Relay (5.38 miles). Will be OK with around 31 minutes at the moment.

Why: because we qualified and it should be a good experience.

Last hard: 5 mile race Weds

Last rest: last Sat.

Good luck to all racers this weekend.
  • Options
    Morning ALL

Will attempt to go to the gym today, though I don't really feel like it. If the weather gets better, I'll get my Nas song on my CD player, 'I know I can' and plod my way as far as my body is willing to take me.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Well didn't get out on my bike yesterday after all.

What - 3 mile run in a few minutes (that is I am leaving soon rather than setting a new world record), then going down Mercian's with a mate to get a replacement for the short cage mechanism thingy and a new freewheel for my aging bike - it'll be nice to have a gear lower than 42/18 for the first time in 2 years. Then steady bike ride.
    Why - 10 mile race tomorrow but need to get out on bike too. Probably not the best preparation but there you go.
  • Options
    What: will try to get an evening run in steady five or six
    Why: need to run - munchkins mean it's a case of go when I can!!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Thurs

Sarcs - how long is your long going to be - are you back on training schedule again?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What:nothing apart from going to have my hair cut and do a bit of shopping-I'll use a bit of energy there!
    Why:It's Saturday and that normally means town day for those of us who work all week. Although I have been off for a fortnight!
    Last hard:Tuesday
    Last long session:yesterday's brick session
    Last rest:Wed
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Forgot again! Good luck MikeB and BR in the relays!! Look forward to reading your reports.

Also, good luck to anyone else racing today!
  • Options
    Race well in the 12 stage you two, wish I was there!

What: 2hr long run.
    Why: because it's dry at the moment & is supposed to rain tomorrow & pre marathon preperation training.
    Last hard: Thur
    Last rest: 9 days ago

Gardening this afternoon if it's still dry!
  • Options
    morning all

looks like it'll be sunshine & showers here today

good luck to the 12 stagers (Barnsley, MikeB & anyone else)

yesterday's "performance" doesn't seem to have heralded the onset of SARS or any other bug - but I did wonder

what: Caldy 2nd XI v Fleetwood Hesketh 2nd XI (A) no doubt dodging the showers

why: it's matchday - anyway, last night indicated a rest of some kind was needed

last hard day: suppose Fri
    last rest day: suppose Thu
  • Options
    Gym later.Mebbe.

Chimp mainly be chillin' today.

Last hard Thursday
    Last rest yesterday.
    Race tomorrow (Rothwell 10k)
  • Options
    hi,

rest today.

good luck to all racing this weekend. Happy training to those who aren't.
  • Options
    Morning.

What: Long one. Ideally 15 miles. Been sniffly & sinus-y, so may go half a mile and turn round!
    Why: Weekend!
    Hard: Monday race.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Good luck, everyone.
  • Options
    Good luck to all you racers - look forward to reading the reports.

For me yesterday turned out not as expected. Had to stay in work until past 9:00 as I was told there would be a conference call that I had to be on (and I needed access to my work server at the same time so couldn't go home). Then the call was cancelled at the last minute....which was nice! So got home at 9:45 expecting a rest day but MrsH was watching telly so nipped on the turbo trainer for 30 minutes - result.

Today:
    15 minutes elliptical cross trainer
    30 minutes weights
    4k run (in 19:30)
    Already done
    Why: Second run this week as knee was feeling OK. I could be running the risk of trying to come back too soon as I did a few weeks ago but as I now have my orthotics am letting pain be my guide. Plus it feels soooooooo good to go for a run.
    Last hard: Todays 4k was actually a lot harder than I expected - will take some time to get my running legs back.
    Last rest: ????

I will definitely, definitely not run tomorrow and possibly not for two days - I'm desperate to get back but must be patient.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 30 miles easy cycling
    Why: Schedule says so
    Last hard: Yesterday's spinning
    Last rest: Mon 14th.

Have not rested for two weeks as trying to lose weight so need the exercise each day. Will rest this week though as I am beginning to feel it.
  • Options
    Good afternoon!

What: Flexing my fingers on the keyboard. Then travelling south.
    Why: Trailwalker training session with Nick, Helen, Pixie and RD tomorrow. Longer term, I think I might drop my training back to baseline for a couple of months, tell the family to slit my throat if I mention the words "autumn" and "marathon" in the same sentence, and get on top of my backlog of writing.
    Last hard day: Monday.
    Next hard day: Tomorrow.
    Last rest: Today is the fifth day in a row of relative idleness and I feel SO much better for it.
  • Options
    Good luck to racers today.

What: Gym : Resistance workout
    Why: That what saturdays are for
    Last Hard: Weds
    Last Rets: Thurs

Have a good weekend
  • Options
    Long run done.

It rained almost as I got out the door! Still I ran the same out & back route as last weekend. In the first hour I ran futher than last week & came back in almost excactley the same time!
    So I'm happy but tired.
  • Options
    Whoo- hooo. Did my first post marathon run an easy (no watch) 3 miles because it was a sunny day and I wanted to remind my running muscles that I will be needing them again soon.
  • Options
    Just back from Sutton Coldfield 12 Stage Relays. Did 31-59 for my 5.38 miles. It was OK. As my resting heart rate is still 10 beats abover normal I decided to run with my HRM to ensure I didn't overdo it. I kept up a steady 90% of WHR.

A good atmosphere there with some top runners taking part (Ian Hudspith, Paul Evans, Hayley Yelling etc).

We finished about 65th I think - will look up the results on www.race-results.net later. I did not change position in my leg but I reckon was about 60 secs down than if I had been firing on all cylinders.

Still, made up part of the team and did not any damage.

Might need to see the GP for some antibiotics to blast away this throat infection.
  • Options
    Make that race-results.co.uk. Don't seem to be there yet.
  • Options
    Erm- PB where do you live? On a midden?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Well done BR, sounds like a very respectable run to me. Hope the throat gets better soon!
  • Options
    Evening Everyone!

Thought I post before hitting the sack.

What: 8 miles Hill training.
    Why: Strengthing the legs and schedule ssya so.

Last rest: Wednesday
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Long: FLM
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Haven't been on line for a while due to holidays. Haven't run either!

BR, that bug seems to have lingered for a while. Better get it sorted otherwise it could ruin the rest of your season. You probably lost more than 60 secs today because of it ( I reckon 90 secs is closer to the mark for a man of your calibre) I know you don't like taking time off running but.....

I just wonder if I've done the right thing. Longest ever break. Apart for 2x 4 milers last week I've done nothing since FLM. Find out tomorrow when I venture out.
  • Options
    Good point Drew. I think I'll give Rother Valley a miss this Weds and save myself for the 5k Northern Men's Track race next Sat.
  • Options
    Thanks Hilly. Hopefully things will work out soon. It's so tempting to get back to racing asap after FLM isn't it?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    BR-I know where you're coming from as I too am not very good at backing off! But you've made the right choice not to race at RV. Best wishes!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Oh yea Welcome back Drew!! Hope you had a good holiday. I bet you the rest has done you wonders!