Options

What Do I Do?

I will be going for a run tomorrow, first one since the FLM two weeks ago. I've forgotten what to do! For instance:

1. What do I do the night before?

2. How do I start running? Is it left or right foot first?

3. Do I breathe during the run? Or do I wait until I get back home?

Oh so many things ... please please help !!!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Wayfarer,
    Just step over the doorway and it all comes flooding back...
    Good Running.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    All it takes Wayfarer is to put the trainers on, oh and the kit of course and then the rest will be history!
  • Options
    Anyone out there that can tell me a remedy for a quick turnaround between races 30/40 mins at most.Example raced today 3000m then 1500m but just ran out of steam,excuse the pun,joke not intended,just legs really,cardio good.Maybe something in my training,even us experienced ones amongst us still need help don't we.
  • Options

LesH & hilly, I hope you're right but I have a nasty feeling there is something you're not telling me!

lilly, what are you on about ?!?!?!?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I'd do it quick though Wayfarer, no stopping to think about it!
  • Options

Oh, 5 miles (that's what I am planning to do) and no stopping ?!?! Are you trying to kill me ?!?!?!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    5 miles, definitely fartlek then or 3 on, 3 off!
  • Options

What about you, hilly? Have you got any plans for taking some time off running? Other than when injured that is ?!?!
  • Options
    Hello Wayfarer- like you I have been enjoying a bit of a rest (coal race aside) and did an easy 3 miles this morning- felt a bit stiff but got going nicely after a bit and I didn't fall over or run into anything, so worry not.
  • Options
    Hilly - are you one of these committed (crazy) people who run two races at a club meeting so you can make up a team? I bow in admiration.
  • Options

I am just back from my run. I knew there was something you lot didn't tell me about: I got all sweaty ! I had even to take a shower when I finished you know! Urgh ...

Serious note ahead *alert*

I did run for some 48mins. It was one of my usual courses. I run easy, felt comfortable and yet when I checked my watch at the end of the run, it showed I run it faster than I used to do it at the height of my training!

For a nano-second, I even had this ridiculous thought I might be fitter now than I was 2 weeks ago! That's barmy isn't it?! Someone, please, provide me with some sensible explanation why I felt so good this morning (yes, I did taper before the FLM!).

If nobody comes up with anything, this is my plan for the 5 weeks prior to the event next year: 3 weeks of tapering (the kind, you mere mortals, do), and 2 weeks of doing bu**er all!

****** End of not-so-serious a note

Hello Monique! A coal race?!?! So you are a nutter too?! Well, the nutters club has now got 3 members: hilly & popsider (who are doing events they haven't trained properly for) and yourself (or have you trained properly for yours ?!?!).

I wonder whether this is something to do with doing the FLM? I know popsider didn't do the FLM, but we all know where he gets his ideas - his brother and mate! BTW, popsider, you're supposed to advise them not the other way round!

Now, I am off to redraw my training schedule for next year's FLM!

• Options
    Wayfarer dont worry about sweating if you run in the rain...
  • Options
    Hello Wayfarer- I thought 3 goes on the corse with a sack of sand of equivalent weight was training enough. How wrong was I. They set off at a fair lick and left me standing so I think I will train more thoroughly next year. I'm also sporting a very fetching scab on the back of my neck where the coal rubbed my vertibrae.
    Got a medal, certificate and a pint at the end so all in all well worth it- I am so cheaply bought.
  • Options

LesH, but it wasn't raining was it ?!?! You people weren't straight with me, and didn't tell me everything !!!

Monique, I suppose that was some sort of training. You are still mad though for even thinking of entering such an event !! So, which of the 3 (medal, certificate, PINT!)appealed to you then ?!?!

Hope the scab finds another neck to set home on and leaves yours alone very soon !!!

So, no theories about my new-found (superior) fitness ?!!?! Fine, I'll just go ahead with my freshly drawn schedule for next year then !!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Wayfarer-it was raining here! You could always have gone for a swim after using some more of that new found fitness!

Actually, it's quite common to run well after a marathon. Once your body has started to recover you could possibly post some new pb's if you race.

As for me, I was born a lion not a cub:0)

Seriously, I do take rest. I only run 4 days a week!

BR-I'm obviously very easily read!
  • Options

Well, yes, but the thing that surprised me was how easy it felt today. I did exactly the same thing last year (ie 2 weeks off after FLM) but the first run then was quite a struggle.

I am not complaining - I am just trying to understand. Mind you, I really don't know why I am even doing that because I am more or less resigned to the idea that this running lark will always remain a mystery to me!

Right, so no rest for you then ?! You are the maddest of them all you are !!!

Take care.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    That's the beauty of running, each run being a new experience!!

Happy running:0)