Options

smoking

2»

Comments

• Options

a present for anybody wanting to stop and keep it quite and away from scrutiny as I am now doing.

http://www.sos03.lt/files/knygos/AllenCarrEN-Easy_way_to_stop_smoking.pdf

just go with it and do it quietly with no fuss. Combine it with whyquit.com - save you a fortune.

staying out of smoking threads now - apart from saying well done to quittersimage

xx

• Options
    absolutely massive difference - running 9 minute miles 3 weeks ago for a 4 miler and now I am down to less than 8.  I have already done two 10k training runs and am off out for an 8.5 mile run this evening.  My progress since quitting has really surprised me.  Whatever level of fitness you are quitting will take you to another altogether.
  • Options

well done on your quit DAvid.

It can make a great differenceimage

• Options

I was a 20-a-day smoker until 4 years ago - I quit one morning after a night out where I had smoked at least 40 fags. At that stage I was not yet in my 30's but I couldn't run 100m without needing to stop and catch my breath and I was quite overweight.

After a few months on the bike, I started running and after an initial struggle to motivate myself to pull on the trainers, I got hooked on running rather than cigatettes (which had a lot to do with vanity!). I lost weight, got fitter, stopped stinking of smoke and generally felt better about myself. My first race was a half marathon in 01:58:40.

To illustrate what you can achieve, my last marathon was 2hrs51min and my last half was 1hr16min. Having been a smoker since I was 14 or 15 I cannot believe what a waste of time, money and precious health smoking was. For goodness sake give up and give yourself the best chance of being the fittest person you can be - you will not regret it!

Cento

• Options

wow cento -that is brilliant!!!

an inspirationimage