Options

Wednesday 13th May 2009

TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Everything in my life ain't what it seems

Morning folks.

Didn't bag my second run yesterday as I was just shattered by the time I finished work (think it's linked to the recent blood readings), but as it was my optional recovery jog then no harm done. Sometimes a rest is better than a recovery jog. Hope this Spatone kicks in quickly though. More tests shortly to compare to the last set of results.

Will read back in a minute, but for now....

What: 14m easy d&d (felt strong & relaxed in slightly wet and windy conditions) / 6-8m rec pm.
Why: Schedule.
Last hard: Sunday.
Last rest: Friday.

Have a good day all.

Comments

• Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Read back complete.

Welcome Flat Footed.

sl2 - 22.9 @ 12? Blimey that is quick!

AF - hard warm-up pre a HM maybe to make it 20? There are some nice undulating HMs in this general neck of the woods that I like doing. Much more benefit than a normal HM image

TmR - good to see you back. Track and discus at the same meet as the mara?

• Options

Morning folks. Another lovely one it is too...

Lyrics - nope.

I'm in awe of a 12 year old running 22.9!!! That is seriously quick!

TT - sensible option. No point pushing things unnecessarily at this stage.

Yesterday, ended up doing an easy 7.3 miles at lunchtime (54mins), then headed out on the bike straight after work, for 20 windy, hilly miles averaging 16.7mph. Included a couple of nasty wee climbs (a 1 in 5 and a 1 in 7) which got the heart rate up. Feeling it in the legs a bit today.

But, for today...

What: lunchtime - 5 easy miles, pm - club session (3 sets of 5 x 400 @ 3-5k pace off 1min recoveries with 3mins between sets)
    Why: lunchtime - recovery/to get the legs ready for tonight, pm - a bit of speed

Tonight's session will be my first attempt at speedwork since FLM, so I'll play things by ear and not push it too much if my body doesn't feel ready for it yet.

Have a great day.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

MORNING ALL

LYRICS SEEM FAMILIAR

oh stop shouting wabo!

tt good old spatone eh?  I must remember to take mine!

Scobos I did my hills very gingerly last night, very aware as I ran down in particular that flm is still in the legs and they might go twang!

Last night I cycled to my club, 5.5 miles, did 2 m w/up 6 hill efforts (long drag) and 2 mile cool down, then got on bike, it was windy in my face all the way home (which is up mainly!!!) So I ended up with 11 on the bike, 5.5 running. Treated myself to a large white wine for that!

what: 20 lengths of pool,12 bs 8 front,

why: I want to get my swimming going again

last hard: this morning

last easy: monday

have a  good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse, good news re your legs!

tmr good luck with all of that

I entered a half yesterday, it bank hol weekend and at canterbury, oh dear naughty me!  But i do tie it in with a nice visit to mummy

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Hi All

NZC: If I take anymore Vitamin C I'll turn into a Orange, better today

What: 9 miles with the Comrades dawn patrol
    Why: Tapering its 1 mile less than I usually do!
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Saturday

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Indeed last night was 16x400s with the added bonus of just 30s rest between.
    All my reps were between 86 and 90s but as the course is on grass I'm not wholly convinced its exactly 400m. Certainly felt like it though. Normally some of the guys with garmin validate the distance but didn't check. Probably as I'd lost the ability for coherent speech after 3 or 4 reps.
    Jogged another couple of laps as the slower groups completed their session, but had nothing left after that.

Today - was going to run 6 easy along the Thames at lunchtime but (a) its miserable out there and (b) my legs are knackered, so I'll postpone that until this evening and go over the fields locally instead.

Have a super day

• Options

A'noon peeps.

What: 4.5 miles on another cracking summers day up here, as Scobos has already mentioned !

Why: On summers mornings/days like today it'd be a real shame not to...

22.9 by a 12 year old, isn't that near the British age record ?!

Dustin: Good session last night.

Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good one peeps

• Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭

afternoon.

Wow Stuart, that's some speedy kid you have!

What: 2.7 miles
    Why: sleep was more important this morning than running
    Last hard: waking up this morning
    Last rest: 16 Feb

Well, I think I'll try to grab a quick mile or so tomorrow morning before the taxi arrives at 5.30am to take us to the airport!  Don't fancy running round the airport and I know myself too well to convince myself I'll get out to run once I get to Lanzarote tomorrow.

OH thinks I'm truly barking mad! 

• Options

TT, there is 6 days between the 5000m/discus and the marathon. The detailed programme isn't out yet, but the discus and 5000m are the same day, so it may well not be possible to do both, and I'll see how the training goes to decide which if necessary.

mava, you'll surely be in Lanzarote by lunchtime or mid afternoon, and its a perfect place to run; I'd have thought a short exploring run would be un-missable

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: cycling and swimming AGAIN !!!!!!
    Why: I CAN'T RUN
    Last hard: accepting reality
    Last rest: Friday 13th March (Thats 2 months !!!!!!)
    Last run: Saturday 2nd May
    Swim streak: 3 day and growing
    Cycle streak: 11 days and growing
    Lyrics: yes

Today I set a record and equalled another

The most days in a row I have ever cycled

Sadly my longest non running streak since records began equalling the 11 days I had off in 2005 after blowing my right knee to bits at Comrades, sadly I expect to beat this tomorrow.

Heading to Denmark at the weekend where I plan to have a rest day or two(maybe).

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    mava - have a great holiday.
    was in lanzarote before christmas, some decent routes to run on , only did the odd half hour here and there, but nice to do some exploring.
  • Options

Hi Folks!!

Sharkie - Well done on your win AND PB that's fantastic!!

Mava - Def wait until you get to Lanzarote, you'll be dying to explore, a pre 530am run sounds WAY too early!!

Clink - Scobos did share the bubbly and sounded rather tipsy afterwards - he's not used to bubbles!!

TT - Scobos and I will be supporting at Edinburgh this year. I ran it last year, first 18 miles were into a nasty headwind so hopefully the weather is kinder this year, it's a fast course!

Yesterday I ran 5.65 miles easy at lunchtime then 7.7 miles slightly harder at night. First double since before FLM and it felt great!!

For today....
    What : 5.65 miles v.easy at lunchtime
    Why: recovery from yesterday and running with friend who is a wee bit slower
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Monday

Lyrics - Nope!!

Have a good day!

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Mava - If you get there early enough leave the run till you get there, though to be honest my first thought was the airport run i think NZC? said. As didn't Ron Hill the greatest streaker of them all did that once didn't he

Mava - as for being mad not at all its always the others, there the mad ones

Last night didn't do my evening run i did do 3½ miles in the morning, i was plain knackered really exhausted so decided to leave it so mileage will be done this week. Guess it will take time to get accustomed to the higher mileage.

This mornings run much better at a perkier pace

What: 3.24 miles/ sports massage
    Why: Easy run, making sure legs remain in good nick
    Last Hard: Todays massage if that counts
    Lyrics: Mmmmmmmm

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

greetings all...

1st post mara run at club tonight, lovely run, short route, got cahtting, whoops 7m later, nice and eay and felt good.

Rest again tomorrow though the a few mile on Fri morning before going to Denmark on Friday for the new park run there on Sat with Jnr.

Take care all

• Options

Just back from the first T&F meeting of the season. Result - a PB in the shot by 8cm, for 5th place (last image), and won by the W75 world record holder.  1500m - 6:38, best for 3 years though thought I'd be able to get inside 6:30, and just looked up the AG - 74%, a little higher than 6:16 5 years ago,  Don't know whether to be pleased by this, or a ltittle miffed at this ageing business - which I steadfastly refuse to believe in (except when it suits me image)

What: am: 60mins easy; pm track meet
    Why: the new Wednesday - an easy day, rather than medium long run

• Options

Evening all,

Easy how you get out of the habit of posting!

DD - don't kiss any pigs! Enjoy the taper. I know you will have a good race!

What: Easy 5 miler d&d

Why: last easy week, start 'real' multi training next week which I am so looking forward to!

Last Hard: Yonks

Lyrics: nope

Just spotted Holly clocked a 140km bike ride today, just tires me thinking about that right now!

Have a pleasant evening!

• Options

Evening,

Pleased with today's run.  Did 5.5M when I got home from work.  Got to the "if I get here in 30 mins, that's quick" point in 28.47.  And then sped up a bit (the point referred to is at the top of 1.5M gentle but consistent climb, so I often speed up a bit from there onwards).

Got to be happy with that.

Sleep well...

• Options

Evening all,

Birkmyre: I'm not sure it is because he's technically U15, where some (14/15 year olds) have gone quicker. Whatever, it's mightily impressive really image

TmR: sounds like a solid start to the track season for you.

Thought I'd report in from the last of the south yorkshire 5 mile races for this year. Going into this event I was sitting 5th overall, with no realistic chance of 4th, and a 45sec lead over 6th. My game plan was to get ahead of my rival in 6th and hang on from there. As a result, I went out pretty hard for the first few miles to get a bit of a lead, then settled down on the gradual climb to the finish. I felt pretty controlled throughout, finishing in 28:19, sealing 5th place in the series and a £10 voucher, which is the first financial prize I've ever won running image

What: 5m in 28:19
    Why: I'd have been bonkers not too image
    Lyrics: Yes

• Options

What:Reality check
    Why: Third athletic meet in eight days was too much for me I think.

As I've sworn to race as much as possible this season I sneaked off to an inter club affair this evening, seeing as it was there and am I here (London). I didn't tell anyone I was doing it - not my coach , not Mr.S even. And I admit I'm tired, I didn't have much zip and it may well have been two races too much.

Iniitially despondent about my less than sparkling results - I was secretly hoping for more PBs. Of course. That's where the reality check comes in. I won't get a PB every time. I suppose I know that.

Get the negatives out of the way first. 16.8 for the 100 - .7 (eek!) slower than Monday. Not smooth but not aggressive either. First 200 of the year was 35.4 (PB 35 but I know it's soft, so should have done better). Lost it big time on the final 40 metres, jelly legs, slowed right down after running pretty fast and keeping in contention with the babies but couldn't hold it. Felt worse than 400 last week, when I DID hold it together..

But, but, but, but, don't have a go at me because I have learnt loads over the past eight days and will collate these thoughts into a Masssive Huge Sharkie style report. Whether it will be fit for publication is another matter...

Then again....

PS And I don't know if I ever mentioned the Worst Long Jump in the history of the world executed by me on Monday?

TMR  - just spotted your report. Congrats on the PB, and your 1500 performance. Sounds pretty good to me. 1500 hideous nightmare as far as I'm concerned. I was last in both my races tonight. Let's call it 4th place!  I'm afrain i'm not god enough for BM yet. My age group has some serious athletes in it! (Is it your age group too? FV55? Or are you FV50?)

• Options

Good result Stuart. Congrats on the massive cash prize. Seriously sir - nice one.

And bloody WOW to your speedy teenage club mate. Thud, cor, cripes etc.

• Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Gobi
    Enjoy Denmark!

Race report from the Yeovil 5K:

2nd race in the series, last time out was 21:23.  Today's target sub-21.  Easy course, slightly downhill for the first 2K, slightly uphill for the next 2K, flat for the last one.  Overcast, not raining, no wind - great conditions, no excuses.

Line up, all move back a bit as the start is in the wrong place following road resurfacing, hooter sounds & off we go.
    1K - 3:59 - sub-40 10K pace, must remember this feeling
    2K - 3:59 - I've remembered it!
    3K - 4:06 - shouldn't have started so quick
    4K - 4:16 - not good, loosing a few places
    5K - 4:10 - maintained position

Finished with 20:30, so job done.  Would have been better to have started on target pace & then speed up, but that's being picky.

Looking good for sub-43 on Sunday.

A few miles tomorrow if time allows.

• Options

Well raced 40, looks like it's coming back for you steadily, hopefully see a 42 from you on Sunday

Sharkie: Cheers for the well dones, but please don't beat yourself up after racing 3 meets in 8 days you got your 80% WAVA this week and there's undoubtedly more to come in the next few weeks. As for my clubmate he is magic to watch in full flow, though it's frightning to see how much he could improve out of the blocks!