Options

Tatton Tri 19/20 Sept

I did this (sprint) last year and it was a great event, but has anyone got any sense out of the organisers about how it will be organised this year, easpecially as regards the Oly? The website just says it will take place on 19/20 Sept. I emailed the organisers and after a long wait got the following somewhat mystifying reply :

"Thank you for your enquiry. On the Saturday everybody will be required to register in the morning and then the sprints will take place in the afternoon. The Olympic races will take place mostly on the Sunday with a few waves on Saturday. Reserving your own wave is something we do not have resources to organise."

I never asked them to reserve my own wave!  I do feel a bit miffed at the idea that they won't say how the oly waves will be divided and who will be in the 'few waves' on Sat - basically it means oly entrants can't plan to do anything else at all that weekend. And I do have other things I'd like to do! At least I'm local - I don't suppose those coming from miles away will be too thrilled at registering on a Saturday morning and then hanging around until Sunday.

Giving the organisers the benefit of the doubt, maybe the person responding didn't really get the point of the question. I've emailed again, but as it's likely to be another long wait for a reply....

...don't suppose anyone out there is involved in the organization and has any sensible knowledge about how oly waves are likely to be split?

Comments