Options

I hate doctors

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still here ... I've been practicing my 35 min/ mile. Do you realise how hard it is to go slow slow? lol
  • Options
    My wife can do 35 min/miles - she does window shopping, pointing at everything
  • Options
    My daughter can do that too .. trouble is, she then goes on to spend my money too!!!

D
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I think, if I really put the hours into the training, that I might enter the window shopping olympics. I'll have to work hard though, I'm only at a 40 minute mile at the moment image

Last time I saw my doc, she asked how much exercise I do. I told her I usually do an hour a day, sometimes more, most days of the week. Her response? "Ooh, that's a bit excessive" image

• Options

I'm in a similar boat, my old doctor was super - her hubby was a marathon runner (and also a doctor) so I recieved some excellent advice & help in the way of direct referrals to the physio etc, but then I moved house and my new doc(s) couldn't give a hoot.  I've never seen the same person twice, and due to the area I've moved to, they must see a great deal fewer folks who do any kind of exercise at all.

To be fair to them they've been doing some kind of local thing to get people more active, but their get people moving plan wouldn't even cover the warm ups I do for my club sessions.   I hope they succeed though, as the health system will quite literally collapse if people keep piling on weight and doing nowt about it, but the chances of seeing a doc who will be sympathetic to your needs as a runner will no doubt be diminishing.