Options

Fat Club - Thursday 12th

Yes, yes okay I know it's 4am but anyway... another new day.

Comments

• Options
    4am!!!!! yuck.

Having a very bad food week, used to bad food days but getting depressed about the week thing. Am eating anything that is not bolted down at the moment, and unfortutnaly I do not mean things like fruit, more like chinese take-aways and alcohol.
    Worried I'm getting back into the cycle of losing weight and then putting it back on. Today is going to be difficult anyway as I am going out for lunch and then for a friends birthday tonight, temptation all around.
    Work is manic and stressful at the moment and I tend to use food as an emotional crutch.
    No running today, no time, but I will get out for another 8K tomorrow.
    Hope all your weeks are going better!
  • Options
    3 days - no alcohol - I'm not fixating honestly!!!! Actually I am pleased it is easier than I thought.

Last night I signed up for the "health for life" Fooundation Studies in Exercise Certificate being run as distance Learning bt Telford Coll with Ludlow Leisure Centre. As well as getting my first work book I also have the right to joint the NUS! But Telford is a bit too far just to go to the Union Bar.
  • Options
    Hello.
    Was having a good food week till the jacket potato with cheese for lunch yesterday, and the dessert after dinner last night.
    oh well. Today will be a better day!
    also - no run this morning, shame on me, but was too tired, so caught another hours sleep. bliss!
  • Options
    Cath, I trust you weren't in the fridge at 4am! Remember food eaten in the middle of the night counts double...still, I've no doubt you have far bigger things on your mind. All the best for your clinic appointment today.

I had a chocolatey lapse yesterday afternoon, but it was entirely my own fault for not having eaten as much breakfast as normal and anticipated a nice lunch before an afternoon meeting only to be faced with a table covered in cold quiche (yuck), pork pies (plusyuck), Scotch eggs (doubleplusyuck), and a running girl can't survive long on cherry tomatoes and a scrap of pasta salad. So when my first patient of the afternoon brought a box of Celebrations for me, I was a sitting target.

Back on track today. Tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches, banana and yogurt already under my belt.
  • Options
    EP - yes it is the same course they changed the name cause they thought Health for Life was less intimidating than sport for Life.

And as for changing names do you work for AMD? and have you had any threatening legal proceedings?

Don't worry I won't tell anyone, even though "that lot" are an investor in my employer!
  • Options
    Morning all,
    Have been out for a 3 mile run this morning - did a few intervals (think that's the right word!!), then took it easy the last mile home. I'm going to have a couple of rest days now and build up for the race on Sunday. Going out to visit my parents now... long slog on the M25 into Hertfordshire... please, please, please don't let it rain...!!! Hope you're all ok. Thinking of you Cath & hope all is well at the clinic today xx.
    Michelle x
  • Options
    V-rap -- I never snack between meals not even during the night when it's dark and I'm cheesed off. If there is something I do pride myself on, it's my will power :) Say it with me "a second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". hee! had to get that "FatFriends" quote in. Has anyone else been watching it..? I think it's hilarious. Seriously, I don't know why just don't get the urge to raid the fridge. On saying that, I do clock watch for meal times :)
  • Options
    Cath

I'm the opposite – I snack constantly, but try and keep it healthy - on my desk at the moment I have a bag of mandarins and a ‘snack tub’ containing chopped carrot, pepper, celery and cherry plumb tomatoes

Will
  • Options
    Will,

I normally eat all that as part of a main meal - usually I'll do a two course thing, have a main meal and then snackery things following. Consequently my meal times last alot longer than the average! Cherry tomatoes are the best too! Plus, I'm blessed with not having a sweet tooth as well... which helps alot I suppose :)
  • Options
    Have just realised the "I never snack" post sounded a bit gloaty - it wasn't meant to be sorry guys. You know I wouldn't gloat right..?!
  • Options
    I'm somewhere in between. Normally I'm a three-meals-and-a-bedtime-snack sort of beast, but if my meals aren't big enough then no amount of celery will fill the gap. Problem is, I often don't know whether my last meal was big enough until several hours later because I seem to get a sort of delayed hunger the day after exercising hard rather than just rolling through the front door and into the cake tin. I know I've seriously misjudged things when I wake up hungry in the night.

Nor, unfortunately, does my internal chemistry fall for the "high bulk, water food that takes forever to eat" trick. I just end up ravenous and with fibre intoxication. Still, not a problem just now as I seem to be losing weight with minimal substitition of yogurt for pudding, trying to avoid mindless nibbling, and moderate training.
  • Options
    It's not always a hunger thing form me - I just seem to like to eat :o)

I think it is because a lot of my work is brain work I need something to do with my hands - and I'd look daft knitting

Will
  • Options
    Mij - are you staying off the alcohol for weight loss reasons? we decided to try this about a month ago and its really hard - especially if you get into a habit of drinking the "odd" glass of wine in the evening. I lasted 4 weeks, he only 12 days.
    I have managed to train myself into not drinking during the week and saving it for the weekends. Its a good thing as drinking make me nibble olives and crisps etc. I feel so much better in the mornings. I hope this doesn;t make me sound like an old soak but it actually was a hard habit to break so may be I am!
    I have become a juice addict though - cranberry, raspberry, apple and mango. yummy!
  • Options
    At least my weightloss is consistant.....
    Once again I have managed to lose 1/2 pound, but as I didn't weigh in last week that is 1/2lb in 2 weeks. I haven't been counting the weightwatchers 'points' lately but have been eating properly. Had a great run last night - about 7 miles with the 'medium-slow' people in the running club rather than the 'slow' ones! Not too bothered about slow weight loss as I can see my running's improving, which is my main aim. On the weight watchers scales I am 9 stone 2.5lb, but still 56kgs in the gym, which I think is about 4kg lighter. Deciding to go with WW scales as would hope they're accurate.

Bought a cook book today to learn how to cook :}

WW I'm with you - I like 'grazing' whether I'm hungry or not. Unfortunately the easiest (or yummiest) things to graze on are not necessarily the healthiest. Your 'snack tub' sounds great though.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    Just got back from the M25 slog of visiting the parents... I'm exhausted now!! Mother tried to force me to eat cake, but I refused, telling her that I couldn't as I was in training for my race on Sunday!!!! (She believed me!!!). Luckily I went for my run this morning, so I'm just gonna veg out tonight & watch FAT FRIENDS!.. The eating thing.. well with me, I've got absolutely no willpower whatsoever! I just cannot allow myself to buy cakes/sweets etc, cos I'll eat the whole lot in one binge!! So, if I don't buy it in the first place, well then I've just got to go without.. (although I have been known to beg the Mr. at 9pm to go up to the garage on the corner and get me two flakes.) The only thing I've got in this house to graze on is fruit, fruit and more bloody fruit!! Sometimes.... it is very boring living here..!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Hi EP - yes my Mother always tries to force me to eat - she thinks I don't eat properly and that I am, in fact, 12 years old.. she is amazed that I can drive.. (I'm 38!!). I like the handcream method - mind you, I've got some vanilla smelling handcream here and fear I may be tempted to lick it off!!!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Evening ...

Rotten day ... rotten run tonight .. but lovely long hot bath ...finished first beer, now going to order chinese for dinner... gladly I have 6 full days before weigh in ...
  • Options
    Michelle ..
    I sympathise .. I have been eating so much fruit I can almost fly (bat) :-)
  • Options
    ok .. that was not very funny !!!
  • Options

ok I knew the day was going to be bad but it was so bad I am currently consoleing myself with a packet a choclate hobnobs :(
  • Options
    Girls, don't blame your mothers! That's just making excuses.

• Options
    Gemini, take three chocolate Hobnobs out of the pack, twist the top shut, and put it back in the biscuit tin. Then nibble your way through the three biscuits, tasting every bite.

Please!

Cheers, V-rap.