Options

Sheffield Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

Well it is Sheffield so you could sing the local national anthem?

"Out of touch, out of reach yeah
    You could try to get closer to me
    I'm in luck
    I'm in deep, yeah
    Hypnotized, I'm shakin' to my knees

I gotta know tonight if you're alone tonight
    Can't stop this feeling
    Can't stop this fire
    Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria, oh can you feel it?
    (Oh can you feel it?)
    Do you believe it?
    (Do you believe it?)
    It's such a magical mysteria when you get that feelin'
    (When you get that feelin')
    Better start believin'
    (Better start believin' it's a)
    'Cos it's a miracle, oh say you will
    Ooh babe
    Hysteria when you're near"

Although then there young'un's might be more up for arctic monkeys?image

• Options
    Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure in a game of Top Trumps a Def Leopard would beat an Arctic Monkey in terms of musical ability image
  • Options
    image They would as long as we all make sure we don't mention the last few years. image
  • Options
    bol saucebol sauce ✭✭✭
    Oh ay, saw them at the Arena a few years ago now - DL that is. Got CD in car, might put it in on Sunday morning, get there a bit quicker.
  • Options
    Re: ladies leg exposure

I was much the same with the jogging bottoms-long tights-capri evolution over the years. Now I don't think twice about the long lycra shorts, (though shorty-shorts bring me out in a cold sweat), that is until I see the race photos image

No matter how fast I am going, why do I always look like a shuffling barrel on legs?!!

I'll be a bit inconspicuous in a white tech top (from the Wilmslow half) and navy cycling shorts with a bright pink stripe and I'll be loitering around the 1.50 start.

Happy weekend image
  • Options
    I find my lightweight climbing trousers are just perfect for running. Baggy, & never feel sweaty & 'orrible. And I love the insane colours, even though they do look like pyjamas! image image Wish Calange still made them....but they don't. image
  • Options

4932 wearing club vest (Sheffield running club ) and shorts plus some shades image hanging around the 1.45 start then its off to the dev cat for a drink

good luck and happy raceing

• Options
    Good luck everyone, may your god go with you  and of course Cake ?
  • Options

image -

foo, the whole of the Sheffield Social forumites are heading to the Dev Cat also - its going to be cosy in there Sunday me thinks.

• Options
    May i ask where is the Dev Cat   ?
  • Options
    Old Timer wrote (see)
     may your god go with you  and of course Cake ?
    One and the same thing for many image
  • Options

Dev Cats in town, Wellington St, juts down from the old Fire Station/BT or the Washington from the other direction. The HM takes you past the Washington.

It will be full of smelly HM runners Sunday image

• Options
    going to have a shower first so wont be too smelly image all the club is heading for there as well around 2.30 so me thinks it will be very cosy
  • Options
    I wish I had a race like this that was local enough that I could shower and then go out to play image

Oh well, the beer is already in the fridge ready for Sunday afternoon and I shall be aiming to be back in my car and on the way home by 12 so I can listen to the match.
    (That's the mighty Villa against some other mediocre Midlands team) image
  • Options

getting excited now, looks like cake got his wish look,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2890?area=S12

Get your rain caps on!

• Options
    Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭

Good on you Cakey boy!! image

Good running everyone image

• Options
    Hey,

I am looking for a lift from Liverpool

just found out that the buses and coaches don't go on early morning tomorrow, so in quite a desperate situation now and looking for a lift.

Alternatively, any advice how to get there in time is appreciated.

email me at simasgedis@gmail.com if you can help me out.

Cheers
  • Options
    OK who ordered the rain just got somethings for the barbeque and put some beers in fridge for after the dev cat  
  • Options

image So I don't have to sing Neil Dimond. image

Last minute problem best friends just had a little baby boy. Presently looking after there 4 year old waiting for the mother in law to get here and do a tag team style move. If she can't get here in time in the morning going to have to miss out tomorrow guys. Bloody rude of them to give birth today if you ask me. image

Alway regardless of if with you lot in the morning Good luck!image

• Options

well done to all who ran today...was it me or was it hot...and 'flatish'....hmmm I felt like I was going up hill all the way!

Still it's my first half and the home one too......

Just glad it's all over now....where's that wine?

Pete

• Options
    Well done, Pete image

Did you manage to run, Cake?

I'm back home and it's raining - but then it always rains this side of the Pennines image

Wasn't a great run for me, turns out gardening on your rest day is hazardous to health; woke up this morning virtually unable to straighten my left leg. Hamstring screaming. I guess the hours bobbing and ducking around whilst weeding was like extreme squats. Doh. Thought I'd run it off in the first half, but it came back to haul down my times on the way back. Never mind, still faster than last year, though image

Great event, well organised and loved the new style goody bag at the end - will definitely come in useful image

Hope everyone had a good day out - who needs London? image

PS And Villa won.
  • Options

It was VERY HOT!!

Great event though almost faultless organisation.

Great support on Ecclesall Rd as always

• Options

Organisation was excellent, but WHY OH WHY did we have to wait till mile 10 for energy drink. Lost all energy by mile 8, ending 9min slower than last year.

Not to self - bring own drink next year!!

• Options

Results are up on www.sheffieldmarathon.co.uk

I did a 1:51:26...not bad. Shame I didn't crack 1:50...but that gives me something to aim for in the Great North Run image

• Options
    It wasnt half as organised as leeds is, and taking your own drinks was a joke as people just took yours that had your name on if they were faster than you

it was so warm and so many ppl seemed to callapse
  • Options

HOT HOT HOT image

bloody hell i think it was hotter than last year

i got round in 2hrs 11 which is 2 mns slower than last year but seeing as i spent yesterday in southampton volunteering for walk the walk breast cancer charity and didnt get to bed til midnight im happy with my time image

and its spot on the timing i need for edinburgh marathon in 4 weeks

great to see a well organised race and the marshalls were excellent

• Options
    Well done, Angie image Kept an eye out for the you (and the top) but didn't see you, good luck for Edinburgh though.
  • Options

Frodo Managed to run. but had a nice interesting brick session today. Cycled from mates to home. to Don valley, ran the race, cycled back to home to change clothes, cycled back to mates house and now watching peppa pig. image Basically about 40 miles plus cycling so far and all I need to do now is a little swimming and will by the end of today have done a half ironman. I cant feel my legs.

Nice lovely day. although opening my race pack of the day and not finding a chip was fecking annoying. More for going up to the late numbers desk explaining myself and being told that's £5. Er but you havn't sent me one? Thats £5 so no times but timed myself out at  3.02 and back again at 2 hour 23 minutes and 20 seconds. So not to shaby under the circumstances.

Well done everyone. image

Oh Wonderpets. image

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    well I knocked 3 mins of last year getting 1h36 and it was very hot and I slowed a lot in places but picked up again

been down in Oxford since Friday for my cousans baby daughter getting Baptised great day
  • Options
    Are you a pirate in disguise, Cake image Well done!

and Dinda, I'd gnaw my right arm off for a sub-1.40 image