Options

Mizuno Trafford 10K

Anyone else signed up yet? I've not done this one before, but it is reputed to be one of the quickest 10k races about, providing it isn't windy. Apparently, the course is completely closed to traffic now and they're going to be using chip timing too.

Anyone know when numbers will be mailed out?

Comments

• Options

I entered via the uk results website. Had an email to say I had to pick up number on the day. Not sure if it's the same if you entered via post or RW.

My first time at this too (after you suggested it to me) and my first event run by Dave Norman. It's a good pull for quick runners as well as being a quick course.

The Alsager 5 has a similar attraction and I'm just hoping that there will be no scrum at the start of this race as there is at Alsager.

About time we got that sub-33!

• Options
     Very quick course this one! Im injured so wont be in this year but would definitely recommend if you fancy a crack at your PB, although I didnt PB here last year but that was due to my fitness at the time image
  • Options

SP7,
    Good to hear from you. How's the training going? Hope you're fully recovered from swine flu. Do you think you'll be on for a crack at the sub-33 then? Dave Norman is the man, totally professional race organiser. You can bet that the course will be bang on 10k and all of the markers will be in the right places too. What's the plan - even pace, head out at ~5:16 m/m and keep going? Looking forward to seeing you there and trying to hang on to you once the gun goes!

SA,
    Sorry to hear you're injured. Thanks for the info, hoping to get a PB so good to hear it's a quick course.

• Options

SA, Good to hear, my PB is nearly a year old so is due for lowering.

marmite, Back up to full training now (78 miles last week) although not yet 100% fit. That should return over the next couple of weeks though so sub-33 is definitely the aim. Would like to go off at about 3:15 km pace and try and hang on to that. In all likelihood, knowing my (poor) pacing, I'll probably run the first km in about 3:05 and then have a big positive split by the end. Not sure you'll be haning on to me, but there'll be plenty of people for the both of us to hang on to looking at past results.

Let's hope it makes the journey worthwhile - AA route planner reckons it's an hour and a half drive for me. What with a 9:30 start and having to collect number it's going to be an early morning!

• Options
     Best of luck to you both! image
  • Options
    Trying to make my mind up between this and the Gawsworth 10k on the same day.  This is much nearer to me (live in Timperley) but as a back marker I think this race might be more suited to the racing snakes than the plodders.
  • Options
    Helen, looking at previous results I would say there's a good mix of abilities
  • Options
    Anyone received their number and chip yet? Getting very close and still haven't received mine.
  • Options
    you have to pick up on the day. Should receive a letter / e-mail this week with race instructions.
  • Options

I am in to, first flat 10k so see what I can do.

• Options
    SP7,
    How's it going mate - ready to give that PB a good hammering? Hope you're fully fit and have a great race. I'll see you Sunday morning.
  • Options

marmite, Have had my biggest three weeks ever (although not actually that high -78/79/79) so legs feeling a bit heavy.

No more speedwork this week though and a massage on Thursday so if all goes to plan I should be feeling pretty fresh on Sunday. Haven't raced since before my illness so not sure what my racing legs are like. Feeling optimistic though and am talking positive to get in the right frame of mind.

How's your training been going, you tapering for Berlin now?

Looks like we've got good weather for it...

• Options

Hi guys

Entered by post and still not received anything to date. Anyone any ideas when this is likely to arrive, I have tried to contact Altrincham AC but not had a reply yet. I am travelling over from Sheffield so am very hesitant to make the journey without official confirmation of my entry as I am not sure what the 'enter on the day' policy is.

Cheers

• Options
    you have to pick up number/chip on the day. Should receive a letter / e-mail this week with race instructions.I entered by internet and have not heard anything. Entries on the day are fine apparently.
  • Options

SP7,
    I reckon you'll be absolutely flying on Sunday morning. Sounds like you've been getting some excellent training in. Hope you're right about the weather. Training for Berlin has been good, have been lucky and managed to put together 15 weeks of solid mileage and quality before starting to taper a bit last week. Have really backed off a lot this week, so hoping to feel fresh on Sunday morning. See you there mate - I'll bring a rope so you can pull me round ; - )

bladerunner1889,
    As SP7 mentioned - entries are accepted on the day, as confirmed by the the race organiser (Dave Norman) over on a thread on eightlane - here.

• Options
    Cheers for the info marmite
  • Options
    Only just found this thread via RW email newsletter. Nice to see marmite from Sub-3 here - didn't realise you were running this. I'll be there too but a good few minutes behind you.
  • Options

Consensus seems to be that you pick up the number/chip on the day then?  Hope so, as not received anything.

However I have got a bit of a lower leg niggle so it's not certain at all that I will make the start line, always run well on this course as well image

• Options

SJ,
    How you doing mate - hope to see you there. I'll be wearing a Redhill Road Runners vest with "Nottingham" on the back, give me a shout if you see me.

As SP7 mentioned, think all numbers & chips are to be collected on the day.

• Options
    marmite - Redhill you say - you must know Speedy Goth from these forums then? She was a Super Six team mate of mine last summer.

I'm looking to improve my awful time of 38:03 to somewhere near 36 minutes. I'll be in a Sale Harriers vest as per the piccy - probably a few of us there though so I'll look out for you - I imagine you'll be at the sharp end so easier to spot.

• Options
    Have had an e-mail confirming race day details. If anyone wants me to copy it here let me know and I'll do it tonight.
  • Options

SP7 - would be useful if you could put the info on here please. Still hoping something will arrive today but at least i'll have it then just in case.

Cheers

• Options
    will put it up tonight when I get home
  • Options
    I've had nothing but the email confirmation from RunnersWorld. I'm just taking that along to the registration desk. It has a number confirming my entry so all should be okay.
  • Options
    Numbers and chips to be collected on the day between 08.00 and 09.15. Please be early as there will be a big turnout and roads will be closed at 09.00.
  • Options

Can't do it now - tried a short run and my leg has really flared up, can barely walk image

Gutted as it's one of my favourite races image

• Options

ADAC - If there is no Race Info waiting for me when I get home from work tonight and I don't receive anything by email,  can you confirm that places will be available on the day as I a travelling from Sheffield and don't want to be turned away if my entry was never received.

Cheers

Chris Adams

• Options
    You will be ok Chris, don't worry. Just make sure you get there before they close the road!image
  • Options

Hi

Hope everyone is raring to go for Sunday!  Those of you who have run the race before will know that historically we have posted numbers out and that this is the first time we have operated chip timing.

The intention was to post numbers.chips out but the chip provider has said he cannot provide them until race day which is a real frustration because I have had to email every online entrant one by one!   350 down, 32 to go now!

Those who entered by post will have had their sheets posted to them in the mail on Monday.

If you haven't received your information sheets there is no cause for concern as you just need to find your way to race HQ and pick your number/chip up on the day like everyone else.  It will all be very clear when you get there and there will be a list of all race entrants on the board - just look your number up and queue for the relevant numbered desk!  You should allow an extra 10 or 15mins on top of your usual race preparation time so that you aren't rushing around!  Registration is open between 8:00 and 09:15.

Anyone who would like their information sheet emailing to them (be it a postal entrant or if you have changed your email address), email me at /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]ave@davenorman.fsnet.co.uk]dave@davenorman.fsnet.co.uk and I'll fire one straight back to you!

Good luck everyone

Dave