Options

Ballot

13»

Comments

• Options
    I got in on my 2nd attempt last year.
  • Options
    Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭
    there'll be bluebirds over....,, wrote (see)
    Keith, it's not the celebs i was on about but more of it being "the in thing to do" merchants.Something like Chelsea & their prawn sandwich fans, LOL.

But its the "its the thing to do merchants" who:

a) Make the London marathon different and such a public spectacle

b) are the new life blood of the sport and should be encouraged

Surely the alternative is one of the many "runners" marathons up and down the countryy week in week out, same distance but low profile. Without the "thing to do" brigade it would be the same and we wouldnt all be so mad to get in it.

• Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

I got in first time in 2007, then got in through the second 1000 place ballot in 2008. Got rejected last year but gone in through main ballot for 2010.

• Options

the question WAS why did it TAKE 5 months to let you know if you have been successful, believe or not  people do like to train properly for a marathon that sometimes takes 7 months, yes im a club member but we only get two guanteed places, amongst 300 members, surely people like me who run all year round should have a better chance of getting in a event of their chosen sport as opposed to c listed models and attention seeking c list celebs walking round in 7 hours. yes Ive raised thousands of pounds for charity in my 30 years in the sport.!!! Im in my 50's so why should I have  to WAIT 5 months!!!!