Options

Kilomathon

The good folks organising Embra are doing a 26.2k race Nottingham to Derby then doing same distance in each home country. Not sure about the benefit/challenge and just looked at the outline programme. Wondering about kit/travel/transport back and forward, price, distance etc and wondering is it a good idea/event etc. Might give it a crack. Anyone else had a look or signed up yet?

Comments

• Options
    Sam.Sam. ✭✭✭
    I'm doing the Notts to Derby one. But, being originally from Stirling, I am tempted to sign up for both.
  • Options
    Think I need more detail. Baggage ok, but what to do re-transport if I drive up from Wales...train/bus arrangements, shuttles etc, etc. Like the idea, guaranteed pb but it's just a hop more than HM and bit short for LSR
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing the Notts to Derby one, there are shuttles but it's £5 each way.  The race itself seems a bit pricey from what I remember - not signing up till after pay day!

There is loads of info on the kilomathon website though - oh, and I think you have to sign up before November.
  • Options
    Dual pricing..£5 increase for late signers but allegedly 8,500 places so incentive to get in early. London Half at Silverstone never gets that many and is not that expensive either so a bit wary. Also, the web site is advertising for helpers offerin t-shirt, goody bag, certificate and £15 per helper for them, a club or charity so lots of cost to cover!!!