Options

Andy Reading 10K

Comments

• Options

Well done Pipes!! I already looked at the results from today. I don't think you'll just smash 40 mins next year, but smash your pre-baby PB as well :¬)

There were a lot of good ladies there today. I spoke to the winner today and she couldn't say enough good things about the race. She's improved so much this year - I'd love to run as fast as her now, let alone as a W45!!

• Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Mr W - and likewise for yourself...sub 38 very soon for you? Would love to think I can keep improving so that I could get back to sub-40 early next year, but I think work will get in the way from January.

How's your hubby, sindeelou? Do you think he'll be able to race or are you still most likely to be 'on your tod' (haven't heard that expression for a while!)?
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    x-post (I'm great at them!). Thanks Rach! My pre-baby PB would be a great target, but I don't see how I'll ever get the time to train that hard again. We'll see...

Yes, lots of great ladies there today - love it when that happens! The winner is amazing - didn't she break the W45 marathon record earlier in the year or something? It was the first time I'd seen her in person today. Conditions were great to run in and the course was lovely (how could I have never enjoyed running there before? There seemed to be more down than up!). Hope you are going well, Rach - lots of Reading ladies to target in AR10K, I think.

I'm excited about the prospect of doing the MK Parkrun in the new year! Hubby is excited about the prospect of shopping without me moaning...
  • Options
    Ooh, what were you all doing today? Was it the Oxon XC or is that next weekend? Sounds like you're on great form, Pipes. I'm just happy to be plodding again after two months of running hell! image
  • Options

Eynsham 10k - the second best 10k in the County. Guess the first although I might be biased!

Cross country next week, just hope this rain stops or that first corner at Culham is going to be more "treacle-like" than usual.

• Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Eynsham 10k, MT - have you done it before? Hope you continue to be free from your running hell - sounds bad. Oxon XC is next weekend, but I'm not doing it. Got my Santa costume all ready for my run next week!

Wonder how Bridget got on today in her marathon...must go and see if there are any results up yet.
  • Options

Bridget did 4:40:50. BM if you see this well done - another PB?

• Options

Yes, the lady who won today ran the fastest W45 marathon for 17 years. She's capable of faster, too :-/ We're quite good friends as up until last year we were racing each other in 10ks. She's now churning out the 35:xx and low 36:xx so is getting better all the time. Absolutely lovely lady and am really pleased things are going so well for her. I maintain she'd run a couple of minutes faster still if she cut off her crazy hair ;¬)

Mr W, Dreading Culham, although I'd rather it was muddy than icy (like last year). This was me at the end last year thanks to the ice (squeamish people don't look!!):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rach_e/3089903536/in/set-72157610790805453/

• Options
    I did Eynsham last year but preferred AR, to be honest. It's one of my club's league races, but I couldn't face doing it again this year. Fab result, Pipes... Looks like it might be a good 2010 for you! And congrats to SB, too. I've done no exercise today and now feel a bit guilty reading what everyone else has been doing!
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Her hair is amazing! She's an inspiration to be making such progress at the W45 stage (no offence to anyone else of this age!)

Gross pic, Rach - how can you still be smiling?!?!

Yay Bridget! Don't know if it's a PB but it's another good run.

(just realised I x-posted again earlier! Must concentrate on one thing at a time)
  • Options

hi pipes, hubs most likely not to do the run now, he had to have an x-ray on his ankle -no broken or fractured bones but sprained. swelling gone now but he hasnt run for nearly two weeks now. he is very cross and frustrated to say the least!!image my friend is still doing it though so wont be on my tod! she ran her first complete 5 miles yesterday and did really well i was chuffed for herimage 

RachE, like the photo! ouch, hope you will avoid that this time!

• Options
    Mr Weeble , can you please promise me some sun for 13th dec? i cant run without sun, im only just coping without heat image  ....i must be the only person who likes running in 80c heat!!
  • Options

Sindeelou - Never known sun for AR10k but we always have different weather each year so perhap's it our turn! Passionately hate heat to run in - ran 3 minutes quicker yesterday for 10k than at Thame where it was scorchio.

Had final meeting tonight - just to remind everyone once again and please spread word amongst running clubs  - NO CHIP NO TIME (collect on the day) and NO IPODs or MP3's or Walkmans (trust me at Abingdon there was one smart ****!).

• Options
    Evening all!  Chip time was actually 4.36.30 - not a PB but a very enjoyable run image  Had an icecream sundae on Monday with 6 different scoops in it and still weigh the same as last week!
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Even better, SB! Well done. Your ice-cream sounds amazing - I'm a massive ice-cream fan. Had some home-made choc stuff for pudding tonight and it's so much better than shop-bought ice-cream (think it must be our freshly laid eggs that make it so nice!).

Great club run tonight with Mr Weeble - glad to have survived being back in your group! Half_Empty and I thought the thread was a bit quiet at the minute (due to people having lives!) - seems I beat you to it to post a message (not that I'm competitive or anything)!

Hope everyone's training is going well. Only a week and a couple of days to go...
  • Options

I think I'll be way behind you for a while yet Pipes, probably by more and more the way you are going at the moment

Tonight was good after IT band troubles earlier this week, all my stretching, squats and  (home made version of) foam rollering, along with knee brace held the pain at bay.  Given me confidence to run on Sunday.

Well done SB, still waiting for your blog though.  IThat ice-cream sounds like my idea of heaven, as does Pipes home made stuff. 

• Options
    Hoping to find time to blog over the weekend HE - life has been manic since we got back
  • Options

Funny how this thread seems to have got quieter as the race gets closer!  I expect we're all too busy getting our heads in the zone to spend time online. image

Been running 800m intervals today, so got sore legs now!

• Options

Cross country not too horrific today - thought it would be like the Somme but actually turned out to be very raceable.

7 days to go - if the weather next Sunday is like last night then it's going to be fun!!!

Pipes - how was Santa run? Assume you will be wearing it for Jingle Bells run and Christmas handicap.

• Options

I thought the same, Mr W. I was dreading it today when I looked out of the window at 7am, but in the end it was probably the best conditions I've ever run there.

BTW - I got some photos of the U17, women's and men's races today (I obviously didn't take the pics in the women's race!!) if you'd like some for your website. I tried to take some photos of Alchester vests!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rach_e/sets/72157622823085547/

• Options

Oooh, a running photo that I don't look too bad in, do you mind if I 'borrow' it. 

Today the course seemed to go on for a lot longer than Ascott, probably due to the long run into the wind along the river.  It was a lot better than I was expecting and the conditions were actually quite pleasant, or as pleasant as XC can be

• Options
    Hello, all! I'm being quiet because I can't get my head round the RW revamp... image

Running's going OK at the mo, although I'm not back up to my peak speed, so a PB is incredibly unlikely!

I'm crossing my fingers that my friend can run next weekend as his back keeps seizing up. He is not a happy bunny, but is currently resting in the hope that he'll be OK for the race. Kids are very excited about the shorter run!
  • Options

Steal away, HE. I'm hardly a professional photographer (as is obvious!!) so you can use, distribute and print to your heart's content!

Glad you found your way back here, MT!

• Options
    Ha! Not only have I found the forum again, but I just did seven miles in a really good time (for me), despite wind and rain, so I'm going to be on a high for the rest of the day! image
  • Options

yes it has got quieter but i assumed it was everyone getting busy with their xmas festivities!! MT, i also have been a little reluctant to navigate the new look RW... getting the hang of it now though.

went out for 5 miles on sunday after the wind/rain/sleet/hail etc had stopped. it was a lovely run and really nice weather in the end... hope its the same next sundayimageimage 

• Options
    I think the weather might be cold but bright. Well that is what Countryfile seemed to predict. It was very wet 2 years ago.image
  • Options
    sindeelou, there was a lady in the race I took photos at yesterday wearing Pink Ear Muffs imageimage 
    http://www.richk.co.uk/SwanleyCC/Set_B/large/0120.jpg

although she was also wearing fairy wings, and a garter on her left thigh, so I'm not entirely sure what was going on!

was someone in the Nativity wearing a garter? image I must have missed that bit image

there were loads of people in fancy dress for the race imageimage

• Options

6 days to go - avoiding all weather forecasts until Thursday night and when I do it will probably be from behind the sofa!

RE - thank goodness you missed me, not a good race!

• Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Mr Weeble - Santa Run was great fun, although I had to join in with an embarrassing jive-type warm up at the start...not my thing! (and running round the streets of Bicester in a Santa suit is??!!). It was a mile (!!) shorter than the advertised 5k so I didn't have enough time to catch the guy who lead from the start. But hey - who was competing?

Got a cold now (it's been on its way since Eynsham) so not sure what to do with this race anymore. Would still like to race it but won't if I still feel a bit rubbish. May just do it in the Santa suit...gets more use out of it! (just joking at the minute, by the way, but may change my mind later in the week!).

Great result on Sunday's xc again, Rach - hope that's a good indicator of fitness for your return to the road.

Glad you're getting some good runs in too, MT and sindeelou.