Options

Tadworth 10

Comments

• Options
    I've got mine today as well............... see you all there!
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    My number came today too image
  • Options
    Glad the numbers are coming through.   All we have to  hope is the weather is kind to us all.   From the BBC weather spot it looks Ok, might have a bit of mud on The Downs.so dont wear your Christmas Pressy Running Shoes.   See you all on the start.
  • Options

Am toying with the idea of an on-the-day entry as Cliveden was cancelled yesterday. Couple of questions --

are there likely to be entries available on the day?

And what is the recommendation for footwear? Road shoes or off-roaders?

Thanks.

• Options
    You should be OK to enter on the day at The Weighing room of the Queens Stand of the race course.   I think road shoes would be the best, but there are sections of the course which are on Epsom Downs, which if the weather is wet could be a bit sloshy.   The decision is down to you, I wouldnt know if your off-roaders would be any good on the road.   See you there.
  • Options

RC

I ran part of this yesterday in my road shoes and it wasn't too sloshy, even around the racecourse - but then again it has peed down all day today, so who knows!

I'm also planning to essentially run one lap of this tomorrow, and will be wearing my road shoes (Asics 2140)........ I will let you know if I'm sliding all over the place......

• Options
    Thanks for the info, guys. My off-roaders (Asics Trabucos) are pretty good on the road, but sounds like I'd be better off with roadies -- if I make it. Will take a decision nearer the time.
  • Options
    Most of the course is on road or decent tracks RC.  There's a section of about a mile after the start of each lap and another half mile or so at the end of each lap that's not tarmac.
  • Options

Cant wait for this one. All roads lead to the VLM including this one.
    Andrea , Jason reckons you are gonna kick butt and I tend to agree with him. But I will not partake of the holy Stella at a party the night before and to which I will only attend a few hours.

Watch over your shoulder with 100 metres to go !!
  • Options

I did a run today around the off-road bits of this (I avoided the climb up Ebbisham Laneimage), and it was pretty slippy slidy - as a result my white Asics are now dark brown (which is good - they've been clean for way too long), and I've decided that I'll be wearing my trail shoes......

Hopefully the weather wll be fine, and there won't be ice on the roads............

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

E-mail rcv`d today..

"Thank you for entering Tadworth 10.  Because of potential adverse weather conditions, we are monitoring the course to make sure it is safe.  We will be posting any updates on our website http://www.tadworth.org.uk/Tadten.html, so please check there before you set out on Sunday morning..."

Check before you set off.

fingers crossed this will be run.

• Options

Update from the website....

Update 2.1.2010

1500: Our Race Director has run the course this morning and reports a potential problem with ice patches on Downsway, a steep downhill road just after the 3-mile marker. The pavement is however passable, and the plan is to salt this section, and the turn into Downway Close. PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE MARSHALLS IF YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO RUN ON THE PAVEMENT.

http://www.tadworth.org.uk/Divert.jpg

A final inspection will be made on Sunday at 9.30am and if this section has deteriorated we will switch the route to a footpath by turning left into Motts HIll Lane, shown in green. This will rejoin the original course through the woods and does not add to the overall distance. There is the possibility of overnight snow, and if the entire course has deteriorated then we may have to postpone the event.

• Options

Many thanks to Tadworth AC for this fabulous run.  The marshalls were great and they must have been really cold.  I enjoyed it, finished in 2 hours so not the fasted on the course - the lead runner lapped me. image

Hope everyone else had a good run. 

PS - for the avoidance of doubt yes I did walk up the hills (mostly). image image

• Options

Wanted to say thanks to the marshalls who helped me today.  I went over on my ankle at the bottom of the hill and the marshalls did good work in getting me an ambulance etc.

Thanks guys.  Luckily I think its just a badly sprained ankle.  Will be back hopefully for a better result 

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Gutted for you Jock.

Good day, did get a bit nippy when the sun disappeared. Course wasn`t too bad - a bit icy in places but ensured I landed my feet under me. Mile 6 to 7 killed any chance of a reasonable time for me.

Interesting & useful item as a memento. I do like the band playing before the start & at the finish.

Same time next year then???

• Options
    Cheers Mr K mate image  I'll be back nxt year
  • Options

Good 1st run of the year for the old legs enjoyed the run thanks to all the marshalls great job as always

my first time  loved it wil be back again next year hopefully  a little faster  could tell that I havent do too much running for a few weeks. 120. cant conplain too much but a good start to the marathon preparation

• Options

Without being a copy cat I wanted to echo the comments above re the marshalls and the organisation today - I thought it was really well organised and marshalled, and it makes a massive difference to how much I enjoy a race if the marshalls are smiley and encouraging.....image

Unfortunately I think I've got a bit of one of my kids' colds, so I wasn't up to it today and I found it really hard....... image (not angry - just bright red!)

• Options

What a great day for a race - did much better today than I thought I would - second time up Ebbisham nearly finished me off but I didn't stop image

Marshalls were fab and it wasn't too icy so all in all a great morning

See you next year image

• Options

Kept a look out for you Green Eyes but didn't see you. Saw Tonka and Trogs from the Pieright Drinks but not you or Jaffa. Great race today, knocked 6 mins off my time from last year so chuffed with that. Another 4 and I'll be under 90 mins!

Thanks to all for organising and supporting on the way round.

Bit too early for "See you next year" but I suspect I will!!!

BTW who's doing the Perch?

• Options

Thanks for all the bouquets for the marshalls - they'll enjoy reading them and most likely will want to marshall all over again next year.

Well done to all competitors for putting up with the icy conditions - see you next year

• Options
    I missed loads of people Aliaird - didn't even see my mate but I know she did it cos I saw her photo on the Tadworth website !!!   Saw Trogs at the beginning before the race though - I did 1.26 summat so was pleased with that.  I'll be at the Perch - it's my club race - have marshalled the last couple of years but I'm running this year - will run there and back and use it as part of my marathon training - with a bit of luck will see you there Ali image
  • Options
    Was that as cold as last year? I don't think so - I again found the drag up the horsey track at the beginning of the 5th/last mile harder than Ebbisham hill for some reason - maybe blowing out the quads on the steep downhills through the village? Still, 3 minutes better than last year at a bit under 1-17 is a nice memory before getting back to work in the morning image
  • Options
    My result isn't on the list image  Have emailed Tadworth, but no-one called me back after I'd gone through the funnel - must've just forgotten about me - number 268 -
  • Options

I was there Ali.................I only entered to see Green Eyes as well.....I can't believe how people could forget about herimage

Good running both of you

• Options

BUCKET!!!!!

Someone pass me a bucket!!!!!image

• Options
    Hi Green Eyes. Have sent an email to our results team, to sort out. Will come back to you with an answer.   There are photos of you on the Tadworth web site 
  • Options

Yes there are photos on our site, via a link to the professional photographer.  Click here and enter 268 in the search box.

Please be assured that our results team are working day and night to resolve your problem.

• Options

Hi Godfather - thanks for all your help - I'm a right pain aren't I image

I've seen the photos as well - not the most flattering of me but at least both feet are off the ground image

I can't believe that I missed Jaffa as well - maybe he'll do the Perch as well then we can have a massive reunion image

Thanks Stephen as well - image

• Options

Green Eyes - you're welcome.

The results have been revised and you can now see your name - please visit our site.