Options

Football & VLM

1235»

Comments

• Options

Hi Ian,good time last year are you aiming for similiar in April?

You are absolutely flying this year & show no signs of slipping,  you Charlton & Norwich seem head & shoulders above the others.

• Options

Hi there

I'm aiming to beat 4h to be honest...Im not in the condition I was last year image

Yes all going well with Leeds and Charlton have dropped points recently...I think Norwich will get 2nd to be honest.

Unbelievable game for you at London Rd yesterday!

• Options

Merry Christmas ll.

Boro still inconsistent as usual. Thought we had turned the corner and then throw it away at Barnsley. Can't believe the Cardiff result either...................

I think Strachan will have a major clearout in January and bring in 4-5 new faces. We realy need a goalscorer and a keeper...............Beckford?????

• Options

Hi Ian, apart from Newcastle every team seems to be inconsistent & any team from mid -table could easily make the play offs.Cardiff have played the 2 teams over xmas that started as bottom teams & have failed to beat either.I phoned the wife at half time at Peterborough to tell her we were 4-0 up & cruising to a cricket score win, shows what i know!

All the best with the training.

• Options

Thanks Bluebird.

You're right about every team beating every other and I still think (hope?) that the Mags will have some slip ups yet.

Are you training for the VLM? I didn't get in (gutted) so am doing Edinburgh now. So far training going OK - got a 10k PB on Sunday which I was pleased with.

Good luck with yours - and everyone else's for that matter.......

• Options
    Hi Ian, yeah i'm running Vlm in april, managed to get in the ballot for a change.It's a great race but can be so frustrating with the waiting & the annual rejection mag in the post. Would have considered Edinburgh myself, looks a good fast course. Did you manage to find a hotel after?
  • Options

Nice to see another Leeds supporter on here Ian!  We have kept up our lead and gap to 3rd place so fingers crossed we can get back into the Championship!  Bluebird - that Peterboro game must have been extremely frustrating - it reminded me of when we were 3-0 down away at Southampton after 70 mins and went on to win 4-3!

Ian - still think that boro are well placed for at least a play-off place.  Not sure if Beckford is the man you need - he scores goals but needs a hatful of chances to do so - he could maybe do a job in the Championship but he is definately not Premiership quality.

I hope everyone is doing OK with their training.  I am a first timer and have now got to 9 miles on my long run so I feel that I am making some progress - despite the awful weather. Still going to have a few drinks tomorrow evening mind, but that will be my last proper drink before the marathon!

Happy New Year to you all!

• Options

Hi Mike, i start training from tomorrow for VLM,  9 miles is good at this stage, i don't normally get to that stage until the end of january!image

Have a happy new year to you all & all the best with the training in the new year.