Options

Best and worst gig

12346»

Comments

• Options

Oooh oooooh oooooh

Machine Head are on tour in Feb, check local listings for details guys.

I may be purchasing tickets for Brixton Academy image RAWKKKKK!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Tickets booked RAWWWKKKK
  • Options
    image Broken more bones at machinehead gigs than doing anything else. imageimage
  • Options

I will probably stay out of the mosh pit as I will have a mara on the Sunday after so I can do without any broken toes etc. image

Just to show my eclectic taste in music, one of my other fave gigs was Erasure.  Fab gig, shite venue.  It was at the Hammersmith Apollo.  Never, never, never get the standing at the back tickets image 

I want to go and see Mika but these are the only tickets left.  I would rather boil my head than buy those.  Such a rip off.  You can't see and you are paying the same price as standing at the front.  

Basically you are standing in the aisle behind the last set of seats in the circle.  And they charge you for this!!!!! 

sorry rant over.

• Options

Hammersmith Apollo?  Odeon surely.  (wanders off to locate zimmer frame and hearing aid)

• Options

This was the last band I saw at the Hammersmith Odeon FF about 79 (Fetches zimmer frame and turns hearing aid up to 11)

• Options

oh yeah, odeon, I always get that wrong.

Oh you old git Corrie image I was 4 

Edit, what is it called?? It is the Apollo isn't it?  oh, no, it's the hammersmith O2 now.  Oh, I can't keep up

Edit again, nope, it the HMV Apollo now, 

Brixon Academy is now an O2 venue image

• Options
    *makes mental note to work harder to poke Corrie into fighting*image
  • Options

we had a blast Green Day were brilliant

ST I am with you image

• Options

ooh were they really good?? image

Did they do a good mix of old and new?

• Options

They did, Shimmy, Billie Jo even did an acoustic Wake me up when September ends.

It was showy, exciting, visual and somehow intimate as well as big (16,000) just amazing and  Hrry and I loved it

• Options
    Sounds like a great night.  Glad you enjoyed it image
  • Options

Some great bands being mentioned here. Probably regret not seeing various bands in my first year at uni - I tended to discover them just after they'd been to Manchester. Like sitting in the Student Union listening to Oasis soundcheck upstairs. Would've particularly loved to see Nirvana.

Best gig? Hmmmm... difficult, as I've never been to a bad one. Probably Levellers, Manchester Apoollo, 1995 (I think). Support from Cecil (hard rock scousers with a mouthy front man who liked to get off the stage and mix it up a bit), followed by Prophetz of Da City (sp?), a South African rap outfit. Eclectic. Then a couple of hours of bouncing around to some top tunes. I went in with a cold and came out cured, having sweated it out. image

• Options
    Rowan Green: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Moonrising wrote (see)

Gig you regretfully missed - Pink Floyd, The Wall.  Brother went (I was too young) and it sounded pretty amazing.

Guess who's got links to presales opening tomorrow and hopefully is going to be getting a ticket to see Roger Waters do The Wall next year?  Not quite the same, but... I'm just a little bit excited. Keeping fingers crossed I get one!

(Strangely just talked to my brother and he denies going to the original.  Now wondering who the heck it was that did!)

• Options

Bets gig - Kasabian at The Pilton Party 2005. Micheal Eavis puts on a thank you party for the village after the glastonbury festival.

Worst gig - Sidi Bou Said at Swindon Oasis back in 1993. Effing awful, walked out after 20 mins.

• Options

Got my ticket for The Wall image

I thought I'd only have credit on my card for one ticket (expensive month, not yet paid in...), but turned out I had enough for 2.  Had a dithering moment wondering if I should get two afterall and find someone to go with, but decided not to waste time changing my order and maybe not get such a good seat.  So sorry if there's anyone would have liked me to order one!  I'm going on my own.  LOL

Not actually been to a gig since I was a student... Wondering if my arthritis will hold up!image