Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options

Stick it in a pan add mushrooms chopped tomato’s any herb you like and have got chick pea’s, parsnips, carrots ect basically anything you have and like and maybe half a bottle of red. Slow cook it and serve with rice. image

• Options

All I can think of is Caribbean chicken.

Apart from all the usuals like sweet and sour and curry.

• Options

Great ideas!  I googled a bunch and came up with oriental poached chicken in light and dark soy, sherry, ginger, star anise, cinnamon and chilli!  I'll let you all know how it goes!image

• Options

errr it appears to be a bit windy outside today I think I might actually get the bus home tonight. image

• Options

Well. I think that's one of the best things I've ever cooked. And I normally rock lol! image

• Options

Glad it was a success oh fury one.

Missed out on the weather here today I'm glad to say, though the 5 mins it took to put the bins out my fingers have frozen. No gloves I hasten to add. My bad. Got to get the cat in now.

Have googled a few recipes for slow cooked chicken, some of them sound quite good. I may give one of them a go. Bit better than eating cheese for Christmas dinner. 

I would be very happy if it started snowing now. image

• Options

I have just got back onto the forum - obviously!

Probably haven't missed out on contributing much as life has been anything but mundane recently - most notably when I gave a speech about Bill Oddie and dwarf actors at my friend's funeral.  Is there a 'surreal' thread somewhere I can post that to?

• Options

My cat is attacking my art project. I wonder where it's all got to?

• Options

I throught this was the surreal thread?

Very glad I didn't cycle home now there where several tree's down and the main road some off you saw at the weekend is conpleately closed until the police say it's safe. image

• Options

It's all very calm and sunny again here today. But I hear (or read) that it might snow oop north tonight.

Hmmm, some strange things do get mentioned at funerals. Tiny was telling me about a quote from the IT crowd this morning. "I don't like funerals, I never know what to say."

"Just say you're sorry for their loss and move on," came the reply.

Later at the funeral. "I'm sorry for your loss, move on."

• Options

I saw that one small the goth also gave the griefing mother a cradle of filth CD because it was sweet in his words. It was very cutting and funny.

• Options

Good to hear you are safe Cake. It seems a long time ago that I came to visit not just last weekend.

• Options

Missing the IT Crowd already.  Great stuff. 

• Options

We had weather here yesterday, although I don't think I was supposed to.

I was driving home in the dark when a couple of trees leapt out in front of me and made me swerve dangerously onto the other side of the road and narrowly missing the ditch.

And we appear to have had three power cuts in the last 24 hours.  Each time it resets the heating so that it doesn't come on.  The house is getting very cold

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Blimey, scary stuff Caz! I hope you indulged in some restorative cheese image

It's 11C in the house today. I have blankets image

Off work today in lieu of Tuesday (which I won't normally be working). So I'm back Oop North and have baked flapjacks image

The team in Brum seem very nice. The work will be challenging - lots to learn about the different surgical techniques, policies, pathways, etc. The biggest challenge so far has been the bus. 

• Options
    Some people you see on buses look proper bonkers.
  • Options

but but but I mostly cycle now. image

• Options

I have had cheese.  I think I will survive the experience thank you Bookie

• Options

Glad to hear that peeps are surviving the challenges thrown at them and the weather.

The public transport system tried to upset me but failed. It started off with a 4 carriage train not the usual 8 so packed in like sardines after one stop. Then got the bus without any waiting (most odd) only for it to breakdown half a mile down the road. Caught another bus and got to work in just under 2 hours. Then this evening another 4 carriage train but a bit more room so got a seat and snoozed.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Public transport is indeed a challenge. 

I got the bus last night after only a 10 minute wait. Then it terminated part way along the route image 

Sprouts have contaminated the house. Send help. 

• Options

I'm going nowhere near you Bookie, sorry.

To date, I have not had much problem with public transport. As a kid I remember standing at the bus stop with all the regulars and watching the bus sail past, taking the wrong route. It was the last bus, for me that meant a 5 mile walk home.

I need to get dressed, lift in an hr. xc race that I really don't want to do. image I'm sure I'll enjoy it. (someone convince me of this please).

• Options

I need to do housework and figure out what to do with my washing machine.  it seems to terminate at the start of the spin cycle after making lots of grinding noises

• Options

SC, your washing machine sounds ill, does it pump out the water and just not spin?

I need to wash my car, might cheat and go and get someone to wash it for me.

• Options

It's pumping out the water, not spinning and getting stuck on the spin cycle.  It has a little light that tells you where in the cycle it is and it stops with the Spin light on.  Clothes are coming out wetter than normal which isn't a huge problem as with only me in the house I don't tend to have a huge amount of washing to do so it if takes an extra day to dry then it doesn't hold anything up.  But I'm concerned that the grinding noise could lead to an electrical fire eventually if I don't fix it

• Options

Does sound terminal. That happened to our last one, I broke it by trying to wash too many towels at once after a holiday. A suggestion would be either a belt that drives the drum is failing, or the motor is struggling to work. I will try to remember and will ask Mr Steady the most practical man in the world, what he thinks when he gets in from work tonight.

I have just had to put the machine on again as the first wash still had soap and dirt on the stuff. It is about 7 years old so expecting it last much longer is a big ask.

• Options

I would always get it looked at Caz they are pretty simple machines really, everything can be unbolted and replaced.

talkingo f washing, I have just dug out two rotten fence posts in my best jeans, the ones I am wearingto tonight's work Christmas meal image

• Options

image Why did you have fence posts in your jeans in the first place? image

• Options

SC - I know it's easy to do, have you knocked the spin pause button by accident? 
    I'm very good at taking washing machines apart (ask Solb). I'm very good at finding broken bits. It's the bit where you need to put it all back together, I knid of lose interest.

I have runned, got all hot and sweaty, can't believe how warm it was out, shorts and vest weather. image

Need a bath and to decide what I'm going to wear this eve.

I wanted to take a photo of my bed this morn with all the cats asleep on it, a bit like hunt the thimble, try and find the spot where I slept.

• Options

Washing machine fixed!  A lovely man talked me through how to repair it myself.  It seems that there was something stuck in the pipe to the pump that we have managed to move enough that it is working again.  I just need to keep checking for when it finally dislodges enough for me to be able to pull it out.

• Options

Good news and a free of charge fix as well. I am about to put another load through the machine.