Options

Parkrun Midlands

124»

Comments

• Options

Blimey, I'd forgotten about this thread!

Eight months on and Cannon Hill parkrun has just celebrated our first birthday! image

Not sure what the score is with Sutton parkrun. It was always on the cards, but just hasn't happened. Probably down to difficulties finding folks to take on the Event/Race Director roles.

Fancy it, Louise? image

Scampalaaa - I trust you're aware that Colwick parkrun started up recently?

• Options
    Ha ha ha...u r kidding. I only just started running myself!!!
  • Options

Coventry is great and has a massive turn out every week image

• Options

Cannon Hill Parkrun has just celebrated its second birthday and also broke an attendance record with over 350 runners!

BBC were filming there last week and we should see a segment about us on Midlands Today this Friday as part of preparations for the Great Brum Run.

• Options

ooh will watch that, didnt know this thread existed

I go to WALSALL parkrun, its great, easy to park too and i've also volunteered a couple of times too. There is a good atmosphere, we need more people along there is usually an average of 60 people but a nice mix, from fast ( think someone did 17mins the first time I did it ) and slow ( 45mins? ) 

Its based at Walsall Arboretum ( to be honest this is closer than Sutton Park for me ) Its a shame tho that Sutton Park never took off but probably lack of volunteers

• Options

Well..... nearly 3 years after starting the thread I finally made it along to to a parkrun.... at Walsall Arboretum on Saturday just gone.

Other than the fact that I haven't really run for the last 18 months I don't know what took me so long!  It was ace.  Having other people running really did help and I was much faster than I though I would be (starting afresh after a long break).

The only problem was that I found myself being late and running in the other direction to all the runners as they started, and I tried to get to the start.

Will definately be going again.