Options

10 reasons why not...

Well... I'm b*ggered if I can think of 10 reasons why not......

So.... here we are.... I decided just 1 month ago to quit my 20 year, 40 a day smoking habit, and perhaps do a bit of running to try and recuperate my battered lungs....

...and to assist my efforts, I thought i'd perhaps take a look at a running mag..... and then noticed that they have a forum.... and then joined....  I'm now running a gasping, wheezing 2.5miles 4 times a week...

....and so back to my story....... noticed this section called Tri....containing this (to me) strangely appealing group of what I can only describe to 'er indoors as 'nutters', all dressed in yellow... and they kept capturing my attention....and I read a little, and dreamed a little, read a bit more, dreamed a bit more.... and looked at a dozen road bikes on line.....and..... ah sh*t..... you all know how the rest of the story goes....

So... as I can't think of 10 reasons why not.... and after reading the stories of 'pirates wanabees' that have passed before (such as Kittenkat) and their magnificent, painful, blistered graduations into full fledged pirates..... I suppose i'd better have a go... image

I'm only now being practical....i'll leave it until the latter part of the season.... and will go for the Vitruvian.... as its close to home, and a sensible distance.....

bloody hell....listen to me.... up until last month i've been a walking advert for a lifestyle aimed at maximum damage and early termination.... and i'm now describing an 'effin triathlon as 'sensible'.......

See you out there..... I promise to try my best not to die on the course and show up that lovely yellow outfit......

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday

Comments