Options

Fat Club - Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th

Comments

• Options
    Oh you're up early Cath! I've been up since 7am - bloody leg is hurting!! Going to stay in all day today, watching kids telly programmes & resting! Will try and be good food-wise... but can't promise anything. The mad Siamese cats are doubly-nutty this morning for some reason and are running around the house doing 'the wall of death' and screaming at the tops of their voices!! Wasn't like this when I had my lovely dog, Ben...!!! Anyway, what are you up to today? Hope it's more exciting than my Saturday!!! Lotsa Love,
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Morning .. I was thinkng I was early .. I'm never up at this time on a Sat .. in fact I'm rarely up at this time ever ... ahh well, just porridge for brekkie, dropped my orange juice, missing the pc but covering all my Inland Revenue paperwork ... oh dear.
    Was just catching up on yesterday's postings .. intersting about the cal/gram fat/gram thing .. I will at least know what I am looking for now. Trying to be good today as I have a had a couple of bad days. Going out a run at lunch time, then shopping, keep me away from food.
    Have a good weekend DD
  • Options
    EP - remember what I said to my mum when she tried to force-feed me cake on Thursday..!! Tell your mum that you're in training and you can't have cake.. my mum fell for it.. Mind you, what's one piece of cake - and it is Saturday after all and you would have just had your run, so you'll probably need the carbs!! Have a good run EP & don't worry about going red and everything in front of your friends - they'll be red too!! Have a good day!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Really? Oh, just off to get the ironing board out..!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Hiya Michelle & Evil Pixie

I've been naughty today already. I didn't finally roll out of bed until 10am (after going back at 6am) and we went shopping this morning. I bought loads of healthy things for me and no chocolate for the mr (he won't be pleased when I tell him forgot it) but we ended up going to the supermarket cafe for "brunch" which was actaully breakfast with chips. I didn't eat it all but I felt like a right lardy afterwards!!!

I mentioned in my other thread I'm hopefully back in the gym this week so hopefully it won't be so bad on Monday!
  • Options
    Hi Cath,
    Talking of 'Lardy', I feel really fat today! It's a combination of being under house-arrest because of my shin and being alone (the Mr. is out all day today).. with all this food! Anyway, started off very good with a bowl of cereal. Then made some tuna & sweetcorn pasta for lunch... so, still being very good, then I remembered the Lemon Meringue Ice Cream in the freezer and somehow, I don't really remember how, but found a MASSIVELY LARGE portion of it in a bowl on my lap!!! Well, what's a girl to do?? Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Tub of Lemon Meringue Ice Cream is no more... and the evidence has been put into the dishwasher... oh dear - glad I've got loose drawstring trousers on today!!
    Michelle xxx
  • Options
    Hi all.

EP, using the carbing up excuse for giving way to your mother's upfeeding of your little frame is fine provided you remember that there is NO carbohydrate whatsoever in fresh cream (squirty cream has a bit because it's about 5% added sugar). One of my best friends is nearly 80 and a real feeder-upper (she looks about 50 and hasn't lost any of her faculties, so it must do her some good), and she is absolutely brilliant about just not producing cakes at all when she knows I'm "training", although she still sends me off laden with chocolates.

I've been good so far today. Kevin the Teenager and I went to Sainsbury's late yesterday evening and snaffled all the fancy vegetables with reduced stickers on (and a few that hadn't) as well as the usual trolleyload of favourites. I had hot baguette, jam and a couple of slightly overripe bananas for breakfast, probably used about 1,000 calories walking to the gym and working out, and burgers in wholemeal rolls for lunch. Velociraptors don't eat burgers, but I wanted something quick and these were the sort made out of compressed TSP and onions and were OK with a heavy dousing of spicy tomato relish. Now trying to work out exactly what fate awaits the exotic veg tonight.

Ironing...impressive till you remember that sitting pn your butt for half an hour probably uses up 69 calories. Still, it's difficult (and dangerous) to eat a bowl of icer-cream while doing the ironing.

Got Mr V-rap to walk to the gym and get in the pool. Major triumph!

Be good, girls (and boys, if you're lurking).

Cheers, V-rap.
  • Options
    See how you go, EP. Don't try to run with it if walking is even a little bit uncomfortable. Swimming, cycling or rowing should be fine, and if it's not too sore then a brisk walk is unlikely to do any harm.

New runners are always getting minor injuries and the most important thing is to make sure they stay minor. Most calf strains get better by themselves within a few days, so the likelihood of you being forced out of action for a long time is remote. But you need to keep your cardiovascular fitness, and your endorphin levels, going.

Cheers, V-rap.
  • Options
    Did you hear me say rest, EP? DID YOU? Truthfully, now! Try reading the post again.

:-)
  • Options
    Chips at midnight, so it counts for today(Bloody patients WILL get ill at 9.30 tea time)
    Had short session in gym, only 50 mins as so tired
    Cant keep up with this on call lark, too old
    Just finished a MASSIVE Sainers sandwich, 517 calories
    Still hungry
    Is it Gin time yet??
    Am actually sick of feeling fat, so after my night away and the MRs birthday on Monday(always excuses!), am going to make a proper effort
    Dont expect me to stop drinking though
  • Options
    Twenty past six
    first gin
    What restraint!!
    The talk Im preparing for the baby doctors on monday should be interesting
  • Options
    Hey!!
    I havent had any crisps today
  • Options
    Wheeee! You're doing well if a brisk walk is rest. But early in the schedules (and sometimes later too), rest means sitting on your bum or doing a bit of pottering around (I look upon rest days as days when I do no planned aerobic exercise, and try to have at least one complete veg-out day a week). For the Drews and Ironmans of this world (and Cath when she's feeling frisky), rest days involve running 50 miles steady instead of a 70 mile long run or 6 hours of speedwork, but there's no hurry to get there!

Kids are meant to be fit - I'm sure most of us here were active as kids because Playstations and Gameboys and home computers hadn't been invented (I was 14 when the parents of the richest kid in my class became the first people I knew to get a video) and I was of the social class where kids got tipped out into the street at daybreak while the the house was being cleaned, were given a sandwich and a cake out of the window at lunchtime, told to come home by sundown, and nobody cared much where I'd been as long as I hadn't been caught in any acts of delinquency. I remember it being idyllic (apart from the obligatory Sunday afternoon jaunts in the car). I have to make an effort to keep my kids off their bums, although when they stay with my parents they get tipped out into the street at sunrise...

Happy gardening!
  • Options
    Have been very, very, very bad...Today, I have eaten enough food to keep an entire family fed for a week! After the nearly full tub of Ice-Cream at lunchtime (that was after my tuna/sweetcorn pasta..), I've had veggie spring rolls x 3, 1 chocolate eclair the Mr. brought home with him, plus 4 Jaffa cakes and 4 dark chocolate digestives (these all belonged to the Mr.) I feel very sick now (good!, serves me right!!). Am now going to bed before I eat the entire freezer.. Good thing is, I think all those calories have helped my leg!!! It feels ok now, so it's all systems go for the 10K race tomorrow..! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Michelle x (a.k.a. lardy)
  • Options
    Youre just refuelling dear
    Good luck for tomorrow
  • Options
    Morning all,
    Well I've been up since 7am! Just had my cereal and am now drinking water..(well I will be, after I've finished this coffee!!). Leg feels ok.. (fingers crossed!). I'll let you know how I get on! Have a good day everyone - the sun is shining here - hope it is where you are!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Go for it girl
    Think of the feasting you can legitimately do afterwards
    I bet you surprise yourself!
  • Options
    Thanks Benz! Yeah, when I'm running, I'll keep my mind focussed on the rest of the dark chocolate digestives that are hiding in the cupboard!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    i could eat them for you now
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    Just got back from the 10K race - my leg held out absolutely fine - no problems with it at all. I finished in 54.40 - which I'm quite pleased about..! Now, I've got something to aim for at my next 10K - on 6th October..!! After the race though, I had the most terrible stomach pains.. on the way back to the car, I actually had to sit on someone's front wall!! Don't know what that was all about!! Anyway, I'm so relieved I've done it.. now what's for dinner!!!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Making my way to the biscuits right this minute EP!!!
    Michelle x
  • Options
    Well done, Michelle. Good time! All that carbing-up yesterday must have been just what you needed. Now you can justifiably hit the biscuits. I make it one chocolate digestive per mile run just to replace the energy expended, and an extra one for the specific dynamic activity or whatever the current name is for the extra calories you continue to burn off after vigorous exercise.

I'm now enjoying a post-run carb-up too, having done my longest long run since the London Marathon today. Thirteen miles - about 80 calories a mile because I'm not very big - the game stew and spuds I had straight after don't count because they were a meal I'd have had anyway - so I make that half a tub of Haagen-Dazs (chocolate caramel brownie because that's what's open) and 100g of chocolate.

Cheers, folks!