Options

So far so good!

Hi,

It's my first time here so I hope I'm doing this right!
I started running about two months ago but seriously a few weeks ago. I used to do circuits and really enjoyed the 'running' bits so thought i'd give it a go on the treadmill at my gym.

I love it! Was wobbly at first, out of breath and struggled to reach 10 mins. Now i've dropped from a size 16 to a 12, feel fab and am running for 30 mins at 9.5 speed and averaging 4k. I'm so happy!!!!

I do this about four times a week, sometimes more sometimes less. Just wondering how i'm doing and if I need to be changing anything. I figure I just try and extend it for five mins a week until I can run an hour.

Thanks =D

Comments

• Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're doing great Hannah. Well done. The only suggestion I'd make is maybe running a little outside too for a bit of variety, especially now the weather's improving and the light evenings are on the way?
  • Options
    Thanks Graham!

I would like to try, I'll have to buy a cap to hide my face though - I'd get awful embarrassed! Is it easier/harder?
  • Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭

No need to be embarrassed! Running outside is generally thought to be a little harder than on a treadmill, espcially on the joints etc, but I don't think there's a big difference. You shouldn't feel any pressure at all of course to run outside, but many people enjoy it and I wouldn't want you not to at least consider it.

With the back-up of a gym you're well used to, you could pick and choose which days you ran a little outside. No need to be out in the wind/rain/cold if you don't want to...

• Options
    hahahaha! I suppose!
    Yeah, i'll give it a go over the weekend if the weather's nice and report back! thanks
  • Options
    Hi Graham,

Long time no write! I did go for a run around a local lake. It's about a mile long. The first time was great, so different to a treadmill. I did prefer going off track though and into the trees etc. Thing is I live in Wales and the weather's so bad. I liked running in the rain but everything else wasn't up to much.

So for a regular run and ease I'm sticking to the gym. It means I can bike, swim and do my weights aswell. But when i'm away on holiday I'll take my trainers and venture the beach. Last week I took my roller blades to the coast and went for miles. My thighs are solid as a rock now!!!
    Hope you're well, hope the running's still good!

Hannah
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Hannah whereabouts in Wales are you?