Options

Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

pretty tidy paced 1ks there, and I'm presuming you didn't do 800m cigar out walk recoveries image

That'd be a nice 16.40 5k. (Appreciate you keepign the maths very simple)

Good result after you said the 1.18s felt quite tired and hard work the other day image

Have some 1ks coming up Tuesday. Will be interesting to see if i can hold the same pace as the 6x800 and 8x600s. If so, all steam ahead to a parkrun.

Last school anecdote, I can vivily remember the German teacher giving it loads about how I should deffo take German for GCSE.
    Did so, then realised she didn't teach it at that level...

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

I did 200m jog/walk recoveries about 1:45. Last one was a bit longer.

That was pretty much my 400m pace last week and faster than the week before.

16:40 seems unlikely but maybe the elusive sub 17 could happen this summer. I have enough bloody 17:xx PR's in my collection I need to add a 16:xx.

• Options

Nice reps AG.I often find the penultimate rep is the fastest as I'm hanging on for dear life by that point. A good run in though.

I guess I wasn't good at finding sub text or listening to the art teacher or I'd have not done the subject. We also did not have A*.

Last night's TT was an A for effort but a B- for attainment. I got stuck behind a car who was stuck behind the guy who started 3 minutes ahead of me. I couldn't decide whether to overtake both, undertake the car and overtake the other guy. In the end my indecision caused me to sit up and rest and I took my 3rd fastest time this season (and 3rd fastest time ever).

Lit, surely North of the wall you were the only student in the school and therefore had the pick of the grades?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I'd no idea you lot were all so old. I'm from Sussex, Cortina5.

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

I'm taking that as a compliment.

• Options
    literatin wrote (see)

I'd no idea you lot were all so old. I'm from Sussex, Cortina5.

I'm still a Senior image

Ah, zuzzex.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I have looked it up and A* was introduced for GCSE in 1994, so I suppose you'd 'only' have to be 39 to not have had them. We didn't have them for A level though; that's just silly.

In running news I'm still not doing anything particularly spectacular as I am finding marathon recovery very slow due to still having lowish iron. Yesterday I did do half a track session though and then hang around to 'encourage' everyone else still doing the rest. They loved it.

• Options

Have you had your ferritin levels checked? The other-half is slightly iron deficient so she has something prescribed for it. Licking steel cutlery I presume.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Yes, I get ferritin checked regularly at the moment. Level went from 29 last October to 36 just before London and not sure just now cos I keep forgetting to phone up between 3 and 4pm, but hopefully a bit better cos I've increased my dose of ferrous fumarate. Scottish Athletics guidelines for coaches of endurance athletes recommends a minimum of 50 for women.

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

Isn't 'ferritin' what Richard Gere gets up to  in his spare time?

• Options
    I feel young because I did GCSE's, first year mind in 1988 so that meant I got shite grades. And as with 1990, football championships affected my performance!!

Good reps Reg and SG and Bus. Hope you feel strong again soon Literatin. Funnily enough the last teacher from our school I saw was the CDT teacher, he drinks in the same pub my dad does..

Had a decent long run earlier, from bmth hospital, around Christchurch, along the seafront and back home. Seafront always great for toilets every mile! Did about 14/15 I think, not checked but it took about 1.48 minus a few mins for stops.

So I think steady first lap tomorrow at Poole parkrun and pick it up 2nd lap. Will see how that pans out...
  • Options

I was pre-GCSE, all mine were GCEs.

I will ignore all the wildly flailing maths references above, don't know where to start correcting and I'm feeling generous as it is Friday evening.

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Same Philip. All O levels, except for a CSE in French (grade 1 mind!). My tutor group was in the metalwork room, so we were constantly surrounded by maiming machines. I really liked tech drawing, but was crap at it - it does mean I can still impress my kids by sketching 3D objects thoughimage

No computers either, unless you count the first generation BBCs that appeared in the very last term. God they were impressive....

• Options
    Shit SC, I was born in 88image
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • Options
    Reg wand - I did nearly exact same session yesterday, ranged 3:10-3:16 and ran 16:50 last week, I think you are very close to 16:xx I'd put money on myself running 16:30-16:40 if I did a parkrun tomorrow so I am sure you're close

All good running otherwise from you all! Dean mighty fast so early very promising and great 10km SC! We have some markers for the year image although we are 6 months in feels like February or something
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭
    PhilipMJones wrote (see)

I was pre-GCSE, all mine were GCEs.

I will ignore all the wildly flailing maths references above, don't know where to start correcting and I'm feeling generous as it is Friday evening.

I don't think you can make a statement like that without backing it up with some flailing pedantry of some kind.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

If it is about my working out how old you'd have to be to have done GCSEs with the possibility of an A*, I couldn't be arsed working out what month you'd have to be born in so I overestimated. If it's about everyone else's rep vs. race pace calculations, crack on with the flailing pedantry.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Ah Phil...one of the smartest guys on this site, turning his hand at a little bit of low key trolling image

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Yeah one of.
    I did say site, rather than thread image

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

More track work for me this morning.

(400,1200,4000)

Came out in 1:12, 3:58, 13:21.  

• Options
    ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    Reg and SG both in great shape I see! Neither will admit it though.image

Blistering paces from Dean as per. What's your next target race Dean?

Great 10k too SC! Not sure ill see a 32.XX anytime soon but I'm doing my best to copy your drinking/ running training although its not reaping the same rewards as yours yet. image

I hated Electronics at school and dropped it at the first opportunity yet somehow ended up as an electrician. Perhaps I should've been a vicar as I managed an A* in religious education.

Training going ok. Drinking far too much which is hard not to do whilst working away, especially in Cambridge. Pubs are always busy and rather inviting. Wouldn't like to get on the scales after 17 weeks of working away!

Threw in a local 10k last Friday night the day after being at a beer festival. Ran a few seconds quicker than I did 2 years ago on a bitch of a course with 2 big long climbs in it. Managed 2nd in 34.50 behind my relay partner from the other week. Pretty much a solo run as he led from start to finish.

Another local 10k tomorrow. Not a quick course although should be a bit quicker than last Fridays.
  • Options
    I won't raise to the pedantry bait. AG, how does that 400, 1200, 4000 work? Odd mix of distances and hence pace.
  • Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

It was just a maths joke.

• Options
    Oh Scott you missed out on the 90's maaaaaanimage nevermind eh. Seriously though I'm very pleased I popped out in 72, good year to be born all in all. Although 73 might have been better exam results wise!

ML84- this training has been honed over a number of years, I could give you a training plan, but it looks like you have half of it covered!

So in bed, need to get up soon really to do this parkrun.
  • Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

parkrun for me too this morning.  4 in a row, but bucked the trend of them getting faster image. Hey ho, yesterday's hard, hilly fartlek run won't have helped! First mile was 7 secs down on last week, and I ended up 7 secs down in total with 18:15 and 3rd.  I nearly went to the Aylesbury one, bu glad I didn't bother, though still may have beaten 18. The Rye steps have to be worth 20 secs - pace was on 5:44 at the bottom of the steps, then 5:57 at the top, and you then lose time recovering..

No Philip to warm down with eitherimage. Good luck in Central Park tomorrow....

• Options
    Which one did you do Bus? Done the Aylesbury one a few times, pretty fast but a bit slippy on the bridges.

Back from Poole park, won it in about 16.09. I got 16.08 but started my watch a bit late and haven't got the official email yet. As its the Poole 10k tomorrow the quality was low, won it by about 30/40 secs. Felt OK and looking forward to the first proper 3000m of the year next week.
  • Options

Simon Coombes 2 wrote (see)

Back from Poole park, won it in about 16.09.

First finisher! Well done anyhow. image

Good work under the circumstances Bus. Like you I'm feeling pretty leggy at the moment and yesterday's easy spin didn't feel easy. I've raced twice this week and have another tomorrow so going by how I feel it will either be a clusterf*ck or I will smash it out. There will not be any middle ground.

Today's optional homework is being replaced with a rest day.

• Options
    Sorry yes first of all the winners today!! 16.10 officially.

Off now to a swaps event at WH Smith. Sorry I meant accompanying my son to the swaps event. Euro 2016 stickers.
  • Options

Mrs is a parkrun ED so I am fully indoctrinated.

I found my Italia '90 album the other week. Scotland was the only team I completed.