Options

Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Pete, such high standards we have to try and keep up to on here!!

PMJ- Actually my LBAC mucker Elliot did the LFOTM and the Wolverton 5, the mad fool ???? Although saying that I'm in the middle of my 8 weeks of racing. Only at the weekends mind. Wait until you hear the line up for Friday 16/12 to Monday 19/12. It is stupid and bound to end up with a cold.

Expensive business triathlon isn't it Reg. Christ.
  • Options

Blimey - error 503 ends and it goes mad on here!

Nice racing Simon!

Current pace on a GPS is pretty worthless, given that at any instant the watch will be at least 5m out! Evens out over time of course.

That'll be me then Ric! Easy 5 miler this morning, but then standing up all afternoon at a consultation event has left that bleedin' adductor thing throbbing.

Lit - rest assured, when ogling, I always ensure that it is someone within a respectable age difference from me image. I'm curious though, do you never ogle men who are racing then? 

• Options

Oh and SG, it's not so much that my 310xt is particularly huge, I just have tiny wrists!

I do wonder whether the weight of it adds to race times though....

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Bus, chuckled at your comment to Lit! And she will too!

Well, i'm bored, almost time to get a nice sleep for the next run tomorrow! Dull old life, but always glad of it come 6am the next day!

• Options

I never ogle anyone at all when racing because I am too busy concentrating on my running.

• Options
    PeteMPeteM ✭✭✭

thought women were the ones who could multi-task Litimage

• Options

Concentrating or just that the only men who are fast enough to be ahead of you are skinny wretches Lit? image

Men CAN multi-task when it comes to thinking, but one of those tasks is always the same!  We are (mostly) simple (and shallow) creatures.....

• Options

I assume if she's faster than me she's old enough and if she's not then she can run away.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

riiiigght,

to get back to less unsavoury topics, coldest day since the start of the year today.

One of those days you can barely move your facial muscles during or for 20mins after.

Combed an 8 out, 6.40 pace, which didn't feel that fast as it was probably the minimum speed to not just freeze to the spot.

• Options
    Stevie G wrote (see)

coldest day since the start of the year today.

Combed an 8 out.

Are you sure? It was very cold at the start of 2016 in the 2015/2106 winter, maybe the coldest day of the 2016 / 2017 winter so far.

Are you sure that you can comb an 8 out? Very unusual phrase.

Off for a dozen at lunchtime: just about over last Sunday's race and need to get sorted out for a parkrun on Saturday and XC on Sunday so need a long one today. Also rounds out November and on about 178 and 190 looks so much nicer as a monthly total.

• Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

Definitely nowhere near coldest day of this winter for us in Aberdeenshire!  It's quite mild today.  One day last week I could feel frost in my beard.

Think it was about -7 C image

• Options

It is also quite mild in Fife, esp compared to last week, when we had to do reps round the outside of a frozen-solid rugby pitch because the track was an ice rink.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    PhilipMJones wrote (see)
    Stevie G wrote (see)

coldest day since the start of the year today.

Combed an 8 out.

Are you sure? It was very cold at the start of 2016 in the 2015/2106 winter, maybe the coldest day of the 2016 / 2017 winter so far.

Are you sure that you can comb an 8 out? Very unusual phrase.

Off for a dozen at lunchtime: just about over last Sunday's race and need to get sorted out for a parkrun on Saturday and XC on Sunday so need a long one today. Also rounds out November and on about 178 and 190 looks so much nicer as a monthly total.

What on earth son?

I said it's the coldest day of the year so far...(in my opinion). The year is 2016, why in blazes would i be referring to some sort of split year 2015/16 type affair?! image

ps don't go picking holes in my creative use of the lingo, i'm a lyrical don (speak  those last 4 words like an MC - the guy who chats over records)

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Meanwhile, I went out and merely covered 8 miles, averaging 7:30 min ml.

Even where I live, it was freezing. 

How SG can cope without a shirt on while running in these conditions, I'll never know. They must be tough those Wycombe types.

🙂

• Options

What on earth son?

I said it's the coldest day of the year so far...(in my opinion). The year is 2016, why in blazes would i be referring to some sort of split year 2015/16 type affair?! image

ps don't go picking holes in my creative use of the lingo, i'm a lyrical don (speak  those last 4 words like an MC - the guy who chats over records)

I think it's called rapping not chatting SG. Unless you're getting confused with DJs?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Nah, there's a distinct difference between MCing and rapping.

Ric, hardly, older son, 1 thick layer, 1 hi vis colour, a flimsy little reflective thing on top, AND gloves.
    Always shorts though, however cold ting get.

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Simon, yes that's a bit short of your standards, but even when you don't have a great day you're still never that far below par, and mid 26's is still a very handy time in the grand scheme of things.

Nice ejaculation of pedantry there Phil.

Thanks for the comments all.  I'm certain I'll get that 31:xx one day.  Eastleigh in March looks likely to be the next attempt.

Not sure what to make of the fact I've had no soreness whatsoever since the race.  In fact, I felt pretty full of running on my warm down on Sunday.  Strange, cos I certainly don't think I could've squeezed more out in the race itself.

As for wandering eyes during races, there really isn't that much scope for me to do that unless there are laps.  However, I have no moral objection to it.  Anyway, Donald Trump has been elected now, which surely legitimises all of our unsavoury behaviours.  Personally, I'm thinking of becoming a racist.  It seems a lot of fun, there are some natty costumes, and it saves valuable time if you can instantly judge people based on their ethnicity rather than going to the trouble of getting to know them.

If only Bus could find some way to bulk up his wrists.  Potentially related to his ogling during races.

• Options

I don't know Dachs - that Steve Naylor is a fine looking chap with perfectly respectable buns....

As for my watch, I wear it on my left arm....

Reg - have you perhaps ever worked for the BBC, perhaps in children's light entertainment?

I agree about Trump though - best thing in years for the emancipation of the oppressed group that is white, middle class, middle aged, straight letches.

I'm with Philip on the pedantry - we deal in calendar years  here image. By all means say it is the coldest morning of the season though.....!

Right - trying to motivate myself to head off to the track now!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Dachs, it'll be worth a chuckle watching how not even one of the boy Trump's more offensive policies or comments now ever gets a repeat.
    Following the time honoured tradition of say any old stuff to get the votes, and then do whatever you like when actually elected.

Your lack of aches is no surprise, as you're quite an oddball, with your no stretching, insane fast sessions and monster weeks.

I much preferred the chubby version i beat at Wokey that time  imageimage

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ps Dachs, 3 days after a race is probably too keen a return to track stuff old son...just my fiddy centz.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    The Bus wrote (see)

I'm with Philip on the pedantry - we deal in calendar years  here image. By all means say it is the coldest morning of the season though.....!

Right - trying to motivate myself to head off to the track now!

You've completely gooned that up image

I was the one talking calendar year, and he was trying to weasel in seasons!

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Stevie G wrote (see)

ps Dachs, 3 days after a race is probably too keen a return to track stuff old son...just my fiddy centz.

Yeah, but seriously, what do you reckon the chances of that advice being heeded are?

• Options

Nope, not me doing the gooning up!  Philip was very specifically referring to the 2016 bit of the 2015/16 winter (or 2106 actually, but we'll forgive the typo!) saying "at the start of 2016", thereby reinforcing that we should be referring to seasons, not calendar years. You said it was the coldest day "since the start of the year". The year started on January 1st, but there were colder days in February, which is definitely after the start of this year, but also part of the 2015/16 winter seasonimage.  Anyhooo - time for a run!

• Options

SG - An MC and rapper are the same thing, perhaps an MC is more focused on performance and less on the production of music. Neither spends much time talking over your favourite song on the radio though. I suspect your friend fifty pence could be termed an MC. 

I couldn't care less about American politics, this Trump fellow has provided some entertainment though.

Not worked for the BBC Bus. Did anyone watch that interview of the molested footballers, pretty chilling stuff, to see grown men sat there like scared little boys still.

• Options

Cheers for the kind words Dachs. There's a few things about Saturday I won't do again - shoes, diet, pre race antics which should help! The Racist thind reminds me of father Ted and the Chinese residents 'I hear you're a racist Father!' image. Swear I nearly wet myself laughing at that episode.

Bit chilly this morning, -5 said the local amateur man on twitter. Still not a bad as Dec 2010, -11 one Monday morning, couldn't run properly as my teeth hurt. No training last night, going to the track tomorrow instead. The onto Chiltern league at Luton on Saturday. Non scoring tho.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    The Bus wrote (see)

Nope, not me doing the gooning up!  Philip was very specifically referring to the 2016 bit of the 2015/16 winter (or 2106 actually, but we'll forgive the typo!) saying "at the start of 2016", thereby reinforcing that we should be referring to seasons, not calendar years. You said it was the coldest day "since the start of the year". The year started on January 1st, but there were colder days in February, which is definitely after the start of this year, but also part of the 2015/16 winter seasonimage.  Anyhooo - time for a run!

I think when we're almost into December, you can fairly term Jan or Feb as the start of the year! Not specifically remembering which actual days had the coldest wev!

Noone's even mentioning seasons, bar Phil!

• Options

I actually felt pretty warm on the bike this morning apart from my fingertips. Nice to be getting some good use out of my ski gloves.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Reg Wand wrote (see)

SG - An MC and rapper are the same thing, perhaps an MC is more focused on performance and less on the production of music. Neither spends much time talking over your favourite song on the radio though. I suspect your friend fifty pence could be termed an MC. 

You've just pointed out there's a difference yourself image

50 cent is strictly a rapper. You wouldn't give him the mic and control the vibe in a packed room

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

There used to be a forumite called Emcee on this forum.Met her at a race once. In comparison, we'd look like absolute gangsters.

Think she went to "Black hat" soon after, which was an even sillier nickname.

• Options

Eminem could easily be called both.....hold on.... I am starting to wonder why I am putting such thought into this.

Maybe it is be a pedant day.

My physio made me do some lunge things that hurt my knee, she told me not to worry and now my knee hurts just walking up the stairs!