Options

Nike Skapris - Tights with Skirt..

Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭
Hi, I like the look of the new Nike - Skapris. The skirt is attached to the tights. Saw them online and wondered if anyone has tried them on or even owns a pair. Are they o.k ? image Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Just one question ....  why?    image
  • Options
    Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭

Oh god what are they?? image

Summer = shorts!

Winter = joggers

Thats running kit!  

• Options
    for people who are concious of the size of their arse in tights, maybe.....
  • Options

Hi Lili,

I haven't run in the Nike skapri's but I usually run in a lot of skirt sports products. Their "LottaBreeze Capri Skirt" looks like a similar thing and I love running in it because it's so comfortable,(and it's fun).  I was actually thinking about buying the nike skapri when I'm next back home, (I'm in Norway at the moment and won't be home for 1 week).  I only have one off the skirtsport capris and I need to have 1 or 2 spares for washing.

Curly45 wrote (see)

Oh god what are they?? image

Summer = shorts!

Winter = joggers

Thats running kit!  

Curly45

I work in the oil and gas industry offshore so spend a lot of my time in very unattractive clothes, orange coveralls, hardhat, steel toe cap boots. When I get my 3 weeks at home I like to make the most of my time off and wear clothes that I feel attractive in. When ever possible that involves.

Summer = running skirt

Spring/Autumn = running skirt with capri's

Winter = running skirt with built windproof tights. Nice and warm outside in the snow when it was -7

(I do have a stash of more normal looking running clothes for in work and for when I Have mis-timed my laundry but I try to pretend that doesn't exist).

• Options
    Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭

Hi, 

M...Eldy - Answer to your question : Because, if someone said they have a pair and they 'Maybe - Sag / Rub / Come up big - small / Wash up rubbish or the dreadful bit ''give you a wedgie'' I might not  buy them.....

I have never seen anything like them before. Guessing they would be most suitable for anytime other than the really cold winter weather.

RUNNERSBEEN  -  I reckon girls with big bottoms wouldn't be wearing tights in the first place !!!

Thanks everyone, especially* Rigbunny. image

• Options

I thought of 2 more good reasons to wear them....

1) No one can tell if you have a camel toe because they are a bit too tight.

2) It's always funny to catch people trying to look up your skirt. (Always make sure you buy running skirts with built in pants or shorts).

• Options
    Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭

image Just been looking at the Running Skirt website. They have some great skirts. The U.K  lack 'FUN' when it comes to design for us runners ?? image

• Options

Hi again Lil.

You might want to look at skirtsports as well as running skirts.

I like the patterns on running skirts too. I have a lovely red and white spot one from their site.  My only complaint is that the fabric they use is heavy and doesn't feel very "technical". It feels more like a cotton with Lycra than a sport fabric.  Oh and I found that their sports bra tops are useless. No support at all. if you watch the videos on the website you can see everything bouncing around so I don't think it's just me.

I can't remember if running skirts put the website price of the clothes you order on the paperwork for customs or the fabric value. Skirt sports put the fabric value on the customs invoice which is around $3 per item so you never get import duties when your order enters the country.

I think i better shut up now as I'm starting to sound like a sales person here image

• Options
    do they do versions for blokes with fat arses?
  • Options
    Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭
    Sorry, No ! image Men with big bottoms need to wear big shorts.....
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I don't get it either, Melders.

So you've got a fat arse (I have) - so what?

For me, running stuff is purely practical, and I can't see the point of extra fabric flapping about.

Edit: And on camel toes, again, who cares?  You have female genitalia, so what?

• Options
    "Sorry, No !"

good - 'cos I aint got a fat arse, just a fat gut.....
  • Options
    Exactly Wilkie. I have an oversized arse - not an angst-filled winge just an objective fact - and I wear running tights or tight shorts. Wearing Skapris would be like pinning a big flag to it.
  • Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    do they do versions for blokes with fat arses?

They have a special race where the men chase the women in skirts so I'm sure we can work something out for you.

Ohhh, here you go I just found a review of an man reviewing a running skirt. Hopefully this should answer all your man based questions image

http://www.starling-fitness.com/archives/2006/05/11/running-skirts-tested/

• Options
    Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭

BLIMEY  image It was only a quick question !!!! Some 'GIRLS' do care how they look. If you have a fat arse - then don't wear them. Easy ... I thought they looked FUN, thats all....

• Options
    Don't worry about it Lil, we probably have loads of men lurking with boxes of pop corn and big smiles.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'm a 'GIRL', and it's not that I don't care how I look, I just think that it's less important, especially when running.

The clothes I choose for running are chosen for practicality, because I'm going to sweat, get red-faced, possibly muddy, or rained on, and then have kit to wash.

Lycra shorts are the best thing for me, even if I do have a fat arse image

• Options
    Lil.Lil. ✭✭✭

Thank god for you being on here Rigbunny.image Off for a run now. Not a fat arse in sight. image

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

I wondered what on earth they were when I first saw them and could be tempted to try them now that I have read this thread. I think they look a bit nice and flirty.... image I'm all for a bit of fun when running!

• Options
    Personally I find skirts more comfortable than shorts but I know they're a bit like marmite for a lot of women image
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

But I love Marmite!

Or did you mean brown and sticky?

(sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

• Options
    Wilkie wrote (see)

But I love Marmite!

Or did you mean brown and sticky?

(sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

/giggle image

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I do like skirts, I wear them a lot - but not for running.

You've got to have a pants/shorts bit when running, so I just can't see the point of adding another layer of fabric on top. 

Each to their own, though - people should wear what they like!

• Options
    I guess this is the equivalent of blokes wearing lycra runners with a big baggy pair of shorts over the top either to hide their "modesty" as they feel that every woman they come across is going to stare and laugh....

why bother is my view with unneeded extras - wear the lycras commando style and just get on with it.
  • Options
    MACbMACb ✭✭✭

I agree with FB, anyway, no one is really looking........are they?

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    commando style....? You mean without knickers??? Not sure I could wear running tights without knickers and not blush constantly..... image
  • Options

Ooh, I saw these in a shop the other day and was intrigued (though not intrigued enough to try on or buy them). Don't think I would wear them myself but will be interested to see if I spot any while out and about.

It reminds me of the fashion some years back (not running gear) for trousers with built-in (that's not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) short skirts on top made of the same material. I don't know what they were called but a lot of people were wearing them at the time. Much loved by women with large derrieres. 

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Why would you blush, SP13?  No-one will know.  And even if they did, so what?

It feels rather daring at first, then liberating image

It's the best way - no VPL, less fabric to make you sweat (or chafe) and fewer garments to wash after.

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    don't the shorts chafe a bit though, Wilkie? And what about embarassing contours?
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

The shorts don't chafe at all - they're designed not to.

What embarrassing contours?  I don't find any of my contours embarassing!  Why should they be?