Options

red bull / energy drinks

2»

Comments

• Options
    RE Redbull - I once drank a litre bottle of it on top of a strong coffee (over about an hour) whilst on call out and not really paying attention. I felt bloody awful a short while after and my heart rate seemed all over the place, I would've gone down the A+E if it hadn't eased off. Seriously it was scary
  • Options
     u dont need anythink just guts,run eat good food your get fitter hope the penny as droped, its big boys time, if not take up somethink more easyer.
  • Options
    amber4321 wrote (see)
    I know 4 miles isn't that far but I want to run it the fastest that i can that's why i was asking about the energy drinks but after reading your advices I definitely won't be drinking anything other than water before any run from now on as i now realise i don't need it and it isn't good for me.  Can someone tell me what gels are that have been mentioned a few times on here? 
    Gels for 4 miles?  This is getting better and better.  image
  • Options
    I know it's not a healthy drink but I have ran some of my fastest 10k times after a Red Bull. There certainly is a boost for short term exercise. I also swear by a cup of coffee and a piece of peanut butter on toast a couple of hours before. If I'm running a ten miler or half marathon then pasta the night before and water. Short term Red Bull works for me.