Options

War!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

I can't believe that they say we are so friendly to everyone... ,.then starts all this them and us because of one poor person who has issues....................

They have read the thread so can see that she has issues which people try and help with and then they have a right go at slagging people off.................

Just reading that fetch thread has made me change my views of fetch....................they are nice and friendly to their own and those who don't fit into that box are totally ridiculedimage

very well said seren

there was some sense being said on the fetch thread by RooA as well.

as someone who has been on fetch since the beginning in 2005 but also stayed on Runnersworld (been on here since 2004) the idea that fetch is some sort of super-friendly place to everyone and Runnersworld is full of evil monsters who ridicule and bully people is at best inaccurate bordering on fantasy in the fetchies' minds and at worst quite offensive, as i and i expect most of the other RW posters on this thread have developed a lot of friendships and shared a lot of good times with people on this forum - and no doubt a few on fetch or who are users of both sites as well.

• Options
    I think we need a RW vs FE challenge. We beaten the Americans. At least it will settle which
    site have the superior runners which will be RW.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I had absolutely no idea there was any rivalry between the two sites until this rather unfunny infiltration a few days ago. I'm baffled.
  • Options
    james1982a wrote (see)

Name your team.

What unique skill / weapon would each person bring to the fight?

james1982a wrote (see)

I'd say FE is winning.

My unique skill is depressing the hell out of everyone so they're way too miserable to want to fight

Bring it on image

That's how it started. Also think the Belladonna thread ruffled their feathers.
    Not saying they a bunch of chickens.
  • Options

I doubt that we live in a Manichean universe where all Fetchies are good and all RW-ers are bad or vice versa.

• Options
    RM - on a totally different topic.......did you sort your laptop ?
  • Options
    Hills of Death (HOD) wrote (see)

Nope Don

Aint a issue around better than it's all about humour image

Aint seeing much round here although runner man gets a Michael Winner dining star

well it might have worked better if the remarks were humerous..............but sadly they lacked homour totally....
  • Options

Oh dear - is this STILL rumbling on..?

• Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)

MF, if you're still watching, have you heard from Cookie recently? Has anyone? I'm getting worried. image

He's posting in "BBs Kitchen"
  • Options
    DIRT MONKEY wrote (see)
    Is RW a site for people who drink shandy whilst wearing a smashing pink blouse?

Pink is just not his colour, but it sounds like there's something I should knowimage

• Options
    Saffy sweety pea wrote (see)
    RM - on a totally different topic.......did you sort your laptop ?
    Hard drive corrupted. So will have to buy a new one, install that and probably
    install Windows 7. Not happy but thats computers.
  • Options
    Don MinquezDon Minquez ✭✭✭
    I've said all I have to say. I don't like the superior air some fetchies have. I know some lovely ones, though.

Why have the us and them attitude? I've had the 'fetch is friendlier' messages before all because sometimes debates get heated... But that's just real life, is it not?
  • Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)

Ok, I haven't read everything, so maybe have missed stuff BUT...

Belladonna isn't an established regular here, all the posters and lurkers know that. Also I think personally that we need to cut her some slack. She has said that she's on the autistic spectrum; that doesn't absolve any behaviour or forum approach.. but.... I personally don't agree with picking on perceived  'soft targets' as the general populous see it;  if indeed that is what started this??

I agree. When Belladonna first posted, not everyone realised about her condition.
    There are some who still take that view. But she had courage and guts to do so.
    There is a thread on FE that picked her and that she have `issues` as well as other
    things. I don't think this is what started it, just some banter. But it then somehow
    went on about the RW forum. But I felt annoyed that they 'named her' and her condition
    on that particular thread. Something us lot wouldn't do on this site.
  • Options

As a former Fetchie I'd just like to try and defend the site in general.  As ever (and I'm sure its the same over here) its the same old usual suspects who spoiled it over there who are trying to kick off over here.  Fetch was in my experience populated by the usual array of absolutelygenuinelylovely types mingled with a smattering of complete tits who seem to revel in starting the inane attention seeking threads that RW has experienced of late.  Generally the tits came out on top, as they do.   Unfortunately its always the latter who seem to sully the reputation of what is essentially a second to none runner's tool (one which I still heartily recommend to fellow runners on an all too regular basis).

That said, some of the somewhat 'superior' attitudes that have been displayed in this and other threads started by said suspects, have been less than appealing and certainly not comfortable to read.  It must be a truly precarious balancing act on top of that self constructed pedestal.

Anyway forumites, cut the real honest running loving Fetchies some slack,go over there and have an unbiased look, try to ignore Dirt Monkey (he truly is an irritating twat of monumental proportions) and lets all aim for a nice cosy inter group hug across the bandwidth, tallest to the back please.

Afterall, its only online shit.  Iinnit.

• Options

I have nothing to add that will resolve the debate, only that I once put my willy in a FE member's mouth.

Do I win 5 pounds?

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Coops10 wrote (see)

I have nothing to add that will resolve the debate, only that I once put my willy in a FE member's mouth.

Do I win 5 pounds?

didn't realise you had your own FE account...
  • Options

I signed up years ago to see what the fuss was about, and quickly left. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭

I only have a fetch account so I can start 'Is RW down?' type threads if (shock, horror) I can't get onto RW.

Not sure why I do this since it's usually pretty obvious if the site is down, but I like having these inane observations  confirmed by others.

• Options
    what leads you to believe that the site might sometimes be down, Gertie?
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Don Minquez wrote (see)
    what leads you to believe that the site might sometimes be down, Gertie?

A number of things.  The biggest clue is that I can't get into the site despite hitting refresh every 15 seconds.  The second is usually the 20 or so threads on a totally different website asking if the site is down.

• Options
  • Options
    oooh hanbags at dawn this war-lol
  • Options
    Huh huh huh. Coops said "member".
  • Options
    james1982ajames1982a ✭✭✭

I did start this thread last week to try and get some tounge in cheek banter going, purely because I was a bit bored.

If you read my first post, it say's "Who would win a fight"

I didn't say that FE / RW was better than the other. I did suggest FE was winning because there weren't many RW members joining in.

I figured asking "What would be your weapon of choice" would act as a getting to know you session, to find out a bit about the personalities on RW that I'm not aware of and vica-versa.

I thought it would be a good way of passing a Friday afternoon. To have a bit of a laugh.

I appologise if no one found the thread amusing or entertaining in any way.