Options

Smoking laws...

image - does anyone know what the law is about smoking outside business premises...(please note I have googled!! and can't find anything on it...)

Our clinic (MrGFB is an osteopath) is in a shared set of units - we're on the ground floor and there is a large shared car park.  The business next door to us run Health and Safety courses, mostly for builders and mechanics from what I can gather. (You'd think if anyone they would know the regulations!!)

The issue is that they have largish groups of men (maybe 10 - 25) come out 3 times a day for smoke breaks.  What happens is that they end up outside our front door (the two offices are adjacent) and basically fill our office with their smoke and sometimes block our entrance....I've just been out and shifted two blokes who were sitting on the ground and leaning against our front windows!!  (both smoking - one of them a pipe!!)

A while ago I approached the owner next door who set up a "designated smoking area further down the car park on their side- basically a galvanised bucket and a paper sign which blew away!   This was ok for about a week!  Now They're up in our area again all the time....I've shifted the men from our area - some are apologetic, some are downright ignorant!!

I want to be able to go and see the owner next door and basically if I have some legislation to show her then it would be back up for me.....any ideas?

Comments