Options

24 hour race in belfast

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options

Good stuff Robin - will probably be up around 4ish or so myself to get set up and do a few warm up lapsimage Awful nice of your wife - I'm "meant" to be a vegetarian but I think this could be a weekend off. I'll bring some sausagesimage

Lakeland Warrior is definitly on. The 26Extreme lads were out a few days ago doing a recce of the course. It starts in Gortatole and basically heads due north through the forest almost to the Lower Lough Erne and loops back on itself. Over 5,000ft of gain - and some tight pulls. The lads haven't made the route public yet as it crosses over some private land - and they're just awaiting permission.  

Yeah it's a bigger event this year Jim - especially with the relay. Reckon it'll make it a bit easier mentally with more folk on the track but harder to hold the tight inside lane if you're having to weave about alot.

• Options

thanks.........

good luck tomorrow/saturday to all..........

• Options
    johnathan i take by that statement you are running.hope you remember it is a 24 hour race and pace yourself accordingly
  • Options
    Not a hope of it! Give her death!
  • Options
    well folks another great race, organisation superb, good there was a bigger entry made it easier more people on track to talk/run with.We arived at 3.30pm and there was a big display of tents already.

The race as usual was tough, couldnt believe how cold it was during the night but when sun came up , the heat was fierce but better than the wet.
    I had set the 100 mile target and my focus this year was to give it my all, especially as I was raising money for my fathers charity.I was so pleased to get there with under 2 hours to spare.When I crossed the line I had no more notion of doing any more It was great to see so many achieve the 100 mile target.
    Special mention to fizz for coming up to support and constant encouragement. I think it must be as tough being in support for 24 hours

I am not sure if I would a 24 hour race round a track again as I feel i have achieved my goal, maybe an off road version,but will support the race in some form next year
  • Options
    A great event indeed, I learnt so much from you all, it was brutal and amazing at the same time. The camaraderie of the competitors was special and I will long remember and appreciate the support I got from family, friends, volunteers and indeed other competitor's support crews. Well done and thanks to all
  • Options
    Well done to all who took part some great running.

Greg well done on your first ultra great running hope its not your last

Frank nice to meet you well done great stuff

Finn thanks for your support during the whole race it was great,and I hope you are back running again soon.
  • Options
    Hi there, on behalf of the relay team I'd like to say it was an honour to share the track with you guys. You are an inspiration. I watched last years race and this was my way of trying out longer distances.
    I hope your legs and blisters are recovering.
    Hope to see u next year..12 hour race for me I think.

You're an amazing bunch, some might say slightly mad, well done to you all.

Liz from orangegrove
  • Options
    Was a piece on the race on utv last night. Didnt catch me. Its from the time just before 21h according to the clock so i was in a deckchair at that stageimage
  • Options

Hi Folksimage

Do hope everybody is recovering well. Just to let ya's know that there's a video out there on YouTube - good old viewing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoB1h4CJgIE&feature=channel_video_title 

Frank doesn't feature in it as he was too busy laying with his feet up taking it handyimage

• Options

HI guys, Well done you all. Fab running. I was crying even more this year at the end than last year. I was so proud of you all.

Was tough during the night and ye did well to hang in there. It was my pleasure to help out. Hopefully I will get to run next year. I am still limping about so wont be on any marathon start lines any time soon. I have to say it was tougher on the sidelines. I thought the hours dragged on. If I hadnt done it last year it would have put me off for anything more than the 12 hours.

Hope you all get great mileage our of your distances ( excuse the pun) and bragging rights.

• Options
    Been thinking about this recently. Anyone know where or what sort of course its going to be on next year?
  • Options
    Hmmmm tempted but am a teacher so need to beable to do the trip in a weekend. What time does it start and what time does the 12 hour option start?
  • Options
    Hellen

The last couple of years it has started at around 7 on Friday evening and the 12 hour race start at the same time
  • Options
    Thanks, that's no good then as finish school at 4 pm and need to get a fight over!
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Energia-24/349324491757334
    belfast energia 24race now on facebook,go on and like.I think this will be a great way to promote the race
    I wont be running this year but will be there to support everyone.