Comments

• Options
    Charming Mack - the guy is laying in bed with lift threatening injuries and you call him a twat.  I should imagine anyone that calls you a friend is misguided.
  • Options

Nowt wrong with being consistent - I expect you're consistently miserable.  Well done.  Have a lollipop.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I think we know who Mack Finger is.

I'm no fan of Mr Cracknell but I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I hope he makes a full recovery. Alarming to see that brain damage is suspected.

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Plenty of people make a living ******** about - doesn't seem a reason to dislike them.  

• Options
    Hey Muck Finger, you're a bit angry aren't you? Is the drudgery of being lower class getting you down? Chill out.
  • Options
    Ah, you're JM/Zoothingy etc Mack.  I should have recognised your signature grumpiness.  No psycho-analysis here sir, I'm far to dim to bother with any of that.
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the one-handed stalking of D2D will resume soon. <yawn>
  • Options
    Awful for his wife and family, hope he makes a full recovery, it must be very frightening.
  • Options
    Muttley wrote (see)
    I'm sure the one-handed stalking of D2D will resume soon. <yawn>
    lol at one handed stalking
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Cracknell has become a bit of a media tart in recent years capitalising on his athletic prowess and fame (aka making a living fucking about) but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a twat........

he's typical of many excellent athletes who have no other talent to fall back on but his fame and ability - sell yourself to the highest bidder as the period of earning a shitload of money from it is short. football pundits, athletics sports commentators etc are no different in many ways to Crackers - they're just names fronting the event who can make money from it.

anyway - there's been another thread in Clubarse about this since it happened - probably on about page 3 by now
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    "more the fact he quit a sport that made him famous when he still had more to offer"

as have many but that still doesn't warrant a reason to dislike him
  • Options

He graduated from the University of Reading with a Bachelor of Science, Whilst also winning World Championships....

Wish I had a small brain and a thick skull.

• Options

Cracknell had been a international level rower for well over a decade when he retired, he missed Barcelona and Atlanta through injury/ illness, so only the two Olympic gold medals for him. i'm sure we can all agree that is a massive let-down image

he is one of the many Olympians from the Reading Uni boat club, and i actually quite enjoy his journalism in the Telegraph. Rowers are generally better educated and more intelligent than footballers, so for once it's not someone who has his stuff written for him.

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

I'm sure they are generally better educated  -  education is often mistaken for intelligence.    

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

yeah cos his wife is likely to make a "throwaway" comment about brain damage image I think he's great and I think Fogle is great (blah blah so shoot me), there are plenty of people out there doing similar things and we don't slag them off, just because these boys are in the media. Heaven forbid they actually inspire anyone to take up a similar challenge image

Its also worth pointing out that a lot of his adventures raise loads of money for charity

• Options

Maybe I am getting a touch sensitive but this thread is a bit tasteless in its overall tone. The guy was cycling, famous or not it could have been a member of your family, or a friend, triathlete or whatever.

You don't stick your trainers on or get on your bike and expect to get whacked by a frigging truck - so I wish him a speedy and full recovery and to everybody else, lets all enjoy our sports safely for many more runs.

• Options

I think JC should be a inspiration. Its never easy to leave a sport which been a part of
    your life then suddenly have to find something. For James and many athletes, its the sense of
    the challenge, the adverture that you want to keep going. That is what JC enjoys and he does
    it for the challenge, the adverture for a good cause.

From one who knows how it feels to have a relative with brain damage. Its not nice, not
    pleasant and the hardest is the recovery and support you need when you are out of hospital.
    I feel for his wife and kids and hope he makes a good recovery. But from my experience, its not easy.

• Options
    don't bother answering this guy, if nobody rises to his bait he'll piss off and go find another alias to try and get you all going again.